Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    sadly darkseid is done with some baggage. i am a massive fan of the classic darkseid but the current version is a carry over from events of wonder woman story arc. so we are dealing with a young darkseid. and so we went through a long design process.

funny thing is initially i didn't know they already had a young darkseid shown in WW so my first designs considered the fact that neither orion nor yuga khan had blue rocky skin so i thought , maybe this was something that happened to him in his life. so there were vastly different darkseid takes for this young version. actually had hair at some point and had a more of a classic looking helmet design on some but the final choice on the design in these things is not for the artist to make.

they picked the one they liked and i'll work with that.

i find it a fun challenge

Attachment 63764
    I’d personally love to know who your favourite redesign is, I personally love your Azrael (Thank You for including a combination of Az-Bats and the Suit of Sorrows, its literally the design I’ve always wanted)

This seems to strongly suggest that Wonder Woman will eventually remove some of the Old God essence that he had been stealing with Grail's help in order to restore his age. This will probably resurrect characters killed in this arc like Hercules Unbound and of course Zeus, while at the same time de-aging Darkseid again only to a certain point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This seems to strongly suggest that Wonder Woman will eventually remove some of the Old God essence that he had been stealing with Grail's help in order to restore his age. This will probably resurrect characters killed in this arc like Hercules Unbound and of course Zeus, while at the same time de-aging Darkseid again only to a certain point.
    I would mainly say Zeus. He seems to be the age he was when he fought Zeus.

Am I the only one wishing Blue Beetle was a part of this team? He seems perfect for this kind of JL team! Such a bummer that he's back in limbo because of Sideways >.>

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I do wish Blue Beetle was on this team but how is does Sideways's existence equate with a lack of Blue Beetle.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 03-25-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Really want to see the reasoning behind Azrael being here. Was afraid he was going in Limbo after Detective Comics.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Really want to see the reasoning behind Azrael being here. Was afraid he was going in Limbo after Detective Comics.
    I'm sure if he wasn't here he was going to be in Outsiders when it eventually launches.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I do wish Blue Beetle was on this team but how is does Sideways's existence equate with a lack of Blue Beetle.
    They're both Latino and DC has a rule of one, meaning only one Latino and one Latina can be relevant at a time, while the rest are shipped off to limbo. Usually the male role is reserved for Blue Beetle, but in the past he has been swapped out for the likes of Vibe, El Diablo and now Sideways. For females, Jessica Cruz is the queen, so no Fire, Renee Montoya, or Black Orchid...etc.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Futbol View Post
    They're both Latino and DC has a rule of one, meaning only one Latino and one Latina can be relevant at a time, while the rest are shipped off to limbo. Usually the male role is reserved for Blue Beetle, but in the past he has been swapped out for the likes of Vibe, El Diablo and now Sideways. For females, Jessica Cruz is the queen, so no Fire, Renee Montoya, or Black Orchid...etc.
    Ah, CBR and you’re conspiracy theories. Never change.

I can't express enough how much I dig the Cyborg redesign. It finally just makes sense. It's appealing to look at. I can actually get behind this and be a fan again.

I'm also excited to read about Starfire for the first time. This is my book!

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Ah, CBR and you’re conspiracy theories. Never change.
    History shows it isn't a conspiracy theory. Your constant defending of DC is annoying...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    I can't express enough how much I dig the Cyborg redesign. It finally just makes sense. It's appealing to look at. I can actually get behind this and be a fan again.

I'm also excited to read about Starfire for the first time. This is my book!
    Check out Wolfman’s New Teen Titans for Cyborg and Starfire at their best.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Check out Wolfman’s New Teen Titans for Cyborg and Starfire at their best.
    Arguable.

New Teen Titans is iconic but super dated and hard to read sometimes, and Starfire spent a lot of it pining. She's really very good in the first Titans run in the 90's and even the one from 08 as well as Johns' Teen Titans.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Best theory I've heard is that he gets assigned there (best since it doesn't involve him having a falling-out with anyone). Since it looks like he's using a form of his AzBat suit, it would seem he still has some connection to Luke, at least.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Man, Sejic can make any character look amazing. I have never stared at a drawing of Cyborg like I stared at him in the promo pic. Sejic is so good it almost doesn't even matter who the writer is.

I don't see what others see in Abnett's Aquaman. I know a lot of people really love it and find it to be masterful but I've always found the writing to be flat. So I was still buying and reading it but not getting too much out of it. Then Sejic comes on board Aquaman and makes it one of my most anticipated books. Then he goes and I'm bored again.

That is some powerful art.