Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Futbol View Post
    History shows it isn't a conspiracy theory. Your constant defending of DC is annoying...
    Lmao @ history. It's literal #fakenews.

Maybe those characters aren't showing up because they're books sold like shit?
    Last edited by ross61; 03-25-2018 at 06:35 PM.

great art

is Azrael still around? when did he come back?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Darkseid doesn't look good.
    He looks kinda goofy.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Cyborg looks great here, will be getting this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    is Azrael still around? when did he come back?
    He's been in Detective Comics for over a year.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Futbol View Post
    They're both Latino and DC has a rule of one, meaning only one Latino and one Latina can be relevant at a time, while the rest are shipped off to limbo. Usually the male role is reserved for Blue Beetle, but in the past he has been swapped out for the likes of Vibe, El Diablo and now Sideways. For females, Jessica Cruz is the queen, so no Fire, Renee Montoya, or Black Orchid...etc.
    I'm still almost shocked that Vibe is probably one of the most popular parts of The Flash TV show but he's been in limbo for even longer then that show's been on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    I can't express enough how much I dig the Cyborg redesign. It finally just makes sense. It's appealing to look at. I can actually get behind this and be a fan again.
    It looks like an interesting mix of all his different looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    New Teen Titans is iconic but super dated and hard to read sometimes, and Starfire spent a lot of it pining. She's really very good in the first Titans run in the 90's and even the one from 08 as well as Johns' Teen Titans.
    She was also a lot more violent and colder (relatively) then I think a lot of people expect from Kori now.

BANNED

Arguable.

New Teen Titans is iconic but super dated and hard to read sometimes, and Starfire spent a lot of it pining. She's really very good in the first Titans run in the 90's .
    Agreed. The two really shine in Devin Grayson's run and are a major part of some fantastic stories. I've been growing to appreciate the NTT era more as of late, but I still don't think it compares.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She was also a lot more violent and colder (relatively) then I think a lot of people expect from Kori now.
    She's very much a warrior woman in NTT, and it doesn't really work anymore. She was basically just there for T & A and to be badass sometimes. She spends way too much time pining after Dick or her boyfriend that dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Agreed. The two really shine in Devin Grayson's run and are a major part of some fantastic stories. I've been growing to appreciate the NTT era more as of late, but I still don't think it compares.
    Wolfman was only great when he had Perez around. He was good otherwise but it didn't really compare after he left - and to be honest his Kori is far from my favorite, or at least how he wrote her back then. She was even better in that single issue of Teen Titans that he wrote I want to say last month or the month before?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Out of the 3 JL books so far this is the only one of real interest to me so far. Man I hope we get some real badass stuff from Azrael here too.

I was happy when he was around in Detective Comics but he never really got to do anything in the book.

Also Cyborg, Azrael, Jessica and Starfire? I'd be happy with that being a four way love triangle/square.

Darkseid's a bit eh to me. But I doubt he'll be more than an ongoing begrudging ally anyway like most stories IE COIE where the heroes sort of worked with him (and all sorts of other villains).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Man I hope we get some real badass stuff from Azrael here too. .
    Maybe if they give him a full cosmic power-up so he's on even footing with the other 3 heroes (Even as a street-leveler I'm fairly sure JPV hasn't managed to win a single fight in Rebirth) he can go to Galador and challenge Rom for the title of "Greatest of the Spaceknights".

Astonishing Member

Maybe if they give him a full cosmic power-up so he's on even footing with the other 3 heroes (Even as a street-leveler I'm fairly sure JPV hasn't managed to win a single fight in Rebirth) he can go to Galador and challenge Rom for the title of "Greatest of the Spaceknights".
    Eh. Being street level never really stopped Batman. Course I've been annoyed with how nerfed Jean-Paul's been in Detective Comics.

Battle wise he's pretty much Cass level and possibly more so.

It says it all that a battle (albeit brainwashed) that had him battle Kate and Cass together to stop him made him look like nothing instead of reminding folks how powerful he really is.

Part of me is guessing he's here and likely to bring in a religious aspect to the series probably even to trade barbs in regards to God and Darkseid.

BANNED

Eh. Being street level never really stopped Batman.
    And there are plenty of people who have a problem with how Batman gets upgraded to unstoppable mega genius levels during larger scale JL stories.

Course I've been annoyed with how nerfed Jean-Paul's been in Detective Comics.
    He lost to a handful of mooks, a supposedly stronger brainwashed version of himself lost to Cass and Kate, barely even scratching the former, he couldn't take down Ascalon and needed Zatanna to come in with a deus ex machina, and he and Luke together got walked through by Clayface off-panel. And people like to say that Tynion's made Bruce look weak.

Battle wise he's pretty much Cass level and possibly more so.
    I do see Cass, Bruce and JPV as the strongest in combat of the BatFam.

Part of me is guessing he's here and likely to bring in a religious aspect to the series probably even to trade barbs in regards to God and Darkseid.
    I'm definitely interested in seeing what they do there.

Extraordinary Member

Arguable.

New Teen Titans is iconic but super dated and hard to read sometimes, and Starfire spent a lot of it pining. She's really very good in the first Titans run in the 90's and even the one from 08 as well as Johns' Teen Titans.
    Well, disagreed. I think it says something that Wolfman's NTT is still considered the standard and, yeah, I can see it being dated in regards to its pop-culture references, but its stories and plot lines still hold up to this day.

Also Cyborg, Azrael, Jessica and Starfire? I'd be happy with that being a four way love triangle/square.
    I'm curious to see how they handle the relationships in this book.
    His suit does look kind of Gothic Cosmic. Almost like Marvel's Darkhawk.
    He lost to a handful of mooks, a supposedly stronger brainwashed version of himself lost to Cass and Kate, barely even scratching the former, he couldn't take down Ascalon and needed Zatanna to come in with a deus ex machina, and he and Luke together got walked through by Clayface off-panel. And people like to say that Tynion's made Bruce look weak.
    Okay, so he made a few characters look weak .

Out of the 3 JL books so far this is the only one of real interest to me so far. Man I hope we get some real badass stuff from Azrael here too.

I was happy when he was around in Detective Comics but he never really got to do anything in the book.

Darkseid's a bit eh to me. But I doubt he'll be more than an ongoing begrudging ally anyway like most stories IE COIE where the heroes sort of worked with him (and all sorts of other villains).
    If Cyborg and Starfire hook up that would be a pretty big bombshell for Titans’ fans. I’m sure there would be a lot of polarizing opinions. I would be all for it.