Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Well, just off the top of my head, Despero probably.
    Does Despero even reason or communicate with heroes? Darkseid has done this plenty of times. Despero is a killing maniac who doesn't give two @#$÷#. Darkseid ain't better but idk I'll trust him more.

Extraordinary Member

Personally not digging Cyborg’s look at all. I haven’t really liked his looks since the New 52. And personally, I’d just rather see him back leading the Titans. His design was better back when he was doing that too. When I think of a character I’d want to see leading a cosmic team, I think Orion or John Stewart or Martian Manhunter, not Victor.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-26-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Does Despero even reason or communicate with heroes? Darkseid has done this plenty of times. Despero is a killing maniac who doesn't give two @#$÷#. Darkseid ain't better but idk I'll trust him more.
    Well, there was that time when L-Ron inhabiting Despero’s body was actually on the JLA Task Force. So, he does have some “history” there. Plus, he has a very intense history with Martian Manhunter.

if not a new cosmic threat, there are only a handful of beings who Darkseid would need help defeating. off the top of my head i would guess Imeriex.

Longtime STJEPAN SEJIC fan since Top Cow stuff and Ravine. Also got into the Michael Lang Azrael and the Azrael currently in Detective Comics. Do you think I can follow this book without knowing all of the other DC characters and does it come out in June 2018? I don't see it in April 2018 solicitations for June release.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think the future of the green lanterns book depends on what DC's plans are for the Hal book after Venditti leaves. We may get a big writer that wants to switch the whole status quo up
    Yeah, I mean nothing lasts forever and Cruz being on Odyssey without Baz could suggest that they're going to try and build the characters up separately instead of as a double act (whatever happens, I hope the idea that they're close friends remains part of their characterizations). I guess my hope would be that Green Lanterns keeps plugging away while the characters are still free to be in other team series in between. I suppose at the end of the day, Hal is the only Lantern guaranteed his own series and the others come and go at DC's whim.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

During his brief time as Batman in the mid-1990s, Jean Paul Valley never had the opportunity to take part in a cosmic adventure. I guess he'll make up for it here.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

At least he got to battle the Bloodlines Parasites. He even fought more of them than Bruce did since Bruce was only around for one of the Annuals before having his back broken.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

https://www.newsarama.com/39242-just...hts-metal.html

New interview. Really interesting that Williamson says Cyborg and Darkseid will have a "Will and Hannibal" relationship, with Cyborg being the leader of the team, I can definitely see that happening.

Also really liking everything he is saying about the new justice banner. Apparently there is even more being announced in the future and the goal is to make the DCU feel more connected, like Sndyer wants the flash in his JL run to deal with the same problems as the flash in williamsons run.

Since they’re gonna be flying around in one of Brainiac’s ships I really hope they make some alterations. Not very reassuring when the team coming to help your planet shows up in Brainiac’s skull ship or any craft affiliated with the Collector of World’s.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

See many people have problems with Snyder and I agree with some of them but at least he's willing to reconnect the DCU after the new 52 basically made everything feel like it was it's on world. Everything from this sounds really good to me.

Seems like Azrael was added becuase Williams liked the character. Well, I got no problem with that, I'm excited to see him in a new environment.

Cyborg is catching my interest and I can't wait to see Starfire away from the TT and Jessica Cruz interacting with everyone.

What are the odds of Jessica and Vic being 'shipped in this book?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Fairly high since that seems to be a trend with these guys writing Jess. I think it's becoming a character trait.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hopefully Jess will have time to be shipped with Vic, Kory and Jean as the book goes along.