Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Fairly high since that seems to be a trend with these guys writing Jess. I think it's becoming a character trait.
    Sadly they can't seem resist the impulse the second a new female character is added to the team books. Regardless of how little sense it makes (coughBatmancough, if this isn't explained away it will completely ruin Priest's run for me)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Hopefully Jess will have time to be shipped with Vic, Kory and Jean as the book goes along.
    Well, at least everyone's smiling on the cover for a change.
    Maybe a Brainiac Love Ship is just what the DCU needs.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Jessica and Vic would be the less controversial relationship as Vic and Kory getting together would probably piss off a lot of Titans/Nightwing fans. But on the other hand DC could get a lot of publicity and articles on the comic book news sites if two of the most popular Teen Titans became a couple. It would bring in casual fans who just know the characters from the cartoon. Cyborg and Starfire kissing on a comic cover would generate a lot of buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Jessica and Vic would be the less controversial relationship as Vic and Kory getting together would probably piss off a lot of Titans/Nightwing fans. But on the other hand DC could get a lot of publicity and articles on the comic book news sites if two of the most popular Teen Titans became a couple. It would bring in casual fans who just know the characters from the cartoon. Cyborg and Starfire kissing on a comic cover would generate a lot of buzz.
    Perhaps, but it'd be short lived as long as Nightwing is around.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Your logic is flawed, how does pissing off two hefty fan bases sell a book. Makes no sense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What are the odds of Jessica and Vic being 'shipped in this book?
    IF they're going to ship her with anyone (emphasis on the world "if"), then Starfire would be a better choice imo, and more interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Fairly high since that seems to be a trend with these guys writing Jess. I think it's becoming a character trait.
    Unfortunately, so far, Johns and Humphries have shown to be be the only people who know how to write the character. Hopefully Williamson proves himself the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    IF they're going to ship her with anyone (emphasis on the world "if"), then Starfire would be a better choice imo, and more interesting.
    Agreed.

What if they ship Jess with... wiat for it... a true spaceship? That would be bold.

Ultimate Member

Seems like DC’s version of the The Ultimates.

Might be worth a try.

I'm down for Jess and Kory. It'd be so much better for Jess than Barry or Bruce, smh.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Hopefully Jess will have time to be shipped with Vic, Kory and Jean as the book goes along.
    For a few minutes I kept thinking, "who's Jean?" I was thinking of the name like "Jean Grey", "Jean Loring" kinda "Jean", but then I was like, "Duh, Jean-Paul!" I haven't read this new iteration of Azrael - is he still a pre-programmed sleeper assassin guy? Is he all grimdark and emo? Any chance he'll loosen up in a group setting and let his teammates call him "JP?" I want to see that happen for some reason...

BANNED

What are the odds of Jessica and Vic being 'shipped in this book?
    I honestly thought that was the direction John's was going in Darkseid War. But it was a nice friendly moment between the two characters would of seemed less left field spawning a ship there though then the Barry and Bruce partnerships especially during times they had relationships with other characters going on.

BANNED

Is he all grimdark and emo? Any chance he'll loosen up in a group setting and let his teammates call him "JP?" I want to see that happen for some reason...
    That's never been Jean-Paul. And in the current continuity, while he still needs his suit to be as strong as he can be, he doesn't have the split personality anymore. These days he's consistently the kind, socially awkward guy JPV's always been, now with a cat named George and occasionally a man-bun.

He isn't exactly the most unwound guy, but over in 'Tec he has struck up a pretty great bromance with Luke Fox, although they've both become less likable as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It doesn't look like Starfire's friendship with Donna is going to come back soon, and Jessica doesn't really have a prominent female Superhero friend, so I think it'd be nicer to see a major female friendship form here then it would to see them hook up.

Not that I will write off the idea of Kori kissing Jessica in case she ever needs to speak Spanish .
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I'm down for Jess and Kory. It'd be so much better for Jess than Barry or Bruce, smh.
    If Barry wasn't destined for Iris West then I think ordinarily he'd be a pretty nice catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ... Jessica doesn't really have a prominent female Superhero friend, so I think it'd be nicer to see a major female friendship form here then it would to see them hook up.
    Did anyone read Jessica's story in "Super-Hero Girls?" Was she close to anyone in that?