Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

it's about time that Despero showed up. it's been years since once the League's best villains did anything meaningful. he had a brief appearance in Trinity War but that's about it.
    I doubt we'll ever see a Despero story better than the one he had in JLI, but I am excited to see him go up against this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Was this ever posted? An IGN interview mentioned Kanjar Ro and Despero showing up as villains in the book.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/03/2...justice-league
    It doesn't get more "cosmic Justice League" then Kanjar Ro and Despero .

Though with them involved, I wonder if Adam Strange will show up? Not that I expect DC to go for synergy or anything, but he's currently the most major DC hero on Krypton right now .
    the more i hear about this book the more i love it!

it's about time that Despero showed up. it's been years since once the League's best villains did anything meaningful. he had a brief appearance in Trinity War but that's about it.
    He also showed up in the Death of Hawkman mini.

This book is a great opportunity to flesh out their cosmic side of the DCU. There is a lot of good concepts that don’t get used that much. The war in the Vega system (The Omega Men), The Spider Guild, The Reach, Thanagar/Rann feud.

I would love to see Arin the Armored Man show up. He’s an obscure Kirby character from Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #46. He was created/raised in an airless environment so he could travel in space. His mission was to take Superman’s genetic code to a distant asteroid to store for safe keeping. Would love to see what became of him.

I have to winder why they didn't include Adam Strange. He's such a staple of DC's cosmic corner.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    But Darkseid did find his lady in the old continuity a woman named Suli who gave birth to Kalibak but his mother killed Suli. And now every time Darkseid kills Kalibak he brings him because he is the reminder of the woman he loved.
    Yup, I mentioned Suli in my post. I'm just curious about why he's not found someone new or would like a story telling of a new romance of evil. (Or maybe regenerate Suli.)

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Calling it now. Cyborg and Darkseid. A true enemies to lovers type story.

This had been my TED Talk
    Hahaha!

Their love story shall be called: Between a Rock and a Hard Place

I look forward to Despero and Kanjar Ro, but I hope we get a Rebirth Maxima (I wasn't keen on the one who showed up in Supergirl) and Lady Styx too. I'd like to see some more of the villainesses get some time to shine.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Yup, I mentioned Suli in my post. I'm just curious about why he's not found someone new or would like a story telling of a new romance of evil. (Or maybe regenerate Suli.)
    That is questionable because you could say the same for every civilian who died in both Marvel and DC worlds. But then again Darkseid is the Overlord of Darkness in the DC Universe so he probably doesn't care anymore.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This is completely false. When PG was introduced in the first issue of Mr Terrific we were not told she was Power Girl, and in no way were we told that her and Mr Terrific would be in a "relationship" beforehand. At most we were told that PG might show up in his title I think, but that was it and even that was a stretch. Pretty much all the New 52 books were very secretive before coming out about what their stories would be about. It was mostly all a surprise. We didn't learn that this was actually PG until a few issues in when she finally used her powers. So the idea that people were upset before the series even came out because she was in a "relationship" with Mr Terrific is just not true. I don't understand where you got that from.

Also it has nothing to do about being in a committed relationship. We went from having a strong and popular take on the character in her solo pre-New 52 to something to make Mr Terrific look cool because he slept with her. It was badly done. And PG wasn't really even a love interest for him, just a sex friend to prop him up which was the problem. You took a strong female character and reduced her a sex object. Aleeka was the actual love interest in the series for him which created that dumb "white woman" scene where her and PG confronted each other at the party. It was such a mess.
    Except it's not false, there were already articles release before Mr.Terrific came out not only explaining that Karen was indeed PG, but that there was going to be in a relationship. This was to get PG fans to read the first issue to see how she was going to be handled in the book. So yes, there were already people upset about it before the book actually came out. So I don't know where you got this idea that they didn't explain anything as the entire purpose of having PG in the book was to get PG fans to read it. So yes, people were already upset about them being together even before the first issue came out. It wasn't until after the first couple of issues that we realize the writer also didn't know how to write a sex with benefits relationship well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Wow I didn't know he took up the mantle. I thought he was just a black superman. It didnt know he was originally another Kryptonian.
    Yep, in Krypton he was really close friends with Karen, and after they separated, they both thought they were dead. That's kinda what sparked the relationship to begin with after PG returned to Earth 2, but by the time she returned, Val Zod was already superman. He took up the mantle because Lois Lane said they needed a superman back when Bizarro who they thought was originally Kal was wrecking havoc on the world, causing people to lose trust in the mantle. That's when they found him and trained him.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Well, I meant more that through her she was a part of the El though technically L family because he was adopted into Karen's family after they were arrested on Krypton.

But trust me there was a lot of backlash when he suddenly took the name Superman without any solid reason to.

Much like Dick Grayson taking the name Batman when by all rights Helena had the only real authority to do that anymore, especially after Thomas Wayne died in Convergence.
    Except he had plenty reason too. And that's the problem. He took up the name superman because Bizarro was wrecking the superman name, and so superman was used as a symbol of fear instead of a symbol of hope. PG was no where to be found because her and helena was still on Earth 1, and so the only hope was Val Zod who still was new. But it was Lois who got him to take up the mantle, which means a lot. So the idea that he didn't have a solid reason to take up the mantle is completely false.

And Val Zod and Dick Grayson was completely different scenario. During Val Zod, Lois Lane told him to represent the mantle and be a beacon of hope with no PG being around. Dick Grayson became batman AFTER Helena came to Earth 2. So that was more of a legitimate reason, as he wasn't even training to be batman at that time.

Val Zod on the other hand essentially got the Miles Morales treatment, crucified essentially for existing. It's just that unlike Miles Morales, DC decided not to stick with him and loss a huge opportunity in the process.

Astonishing Member

By the way, have we seen anymore designs by Sejic regarding Cyborg? I'm just curious cause Cyborg's designs is literally going all over the place. The other justice league book have him looking bulky.

Then there's other images where he's like inbetween bulky and streamline, and then we have Sejic who IMO have the best design for Cyborg I've seen in a long time. So I'll be honest I'm quite a bit confused with what direction appearance wise they're heading with Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    By the way, have we seen anymore designs by Sejic regarding Cyborg? I'm just curious cause Cyborg's designs is literally going all over the place. The other justice league book have him looking bulky.

Then there's other images where he's like inbetween bulky and streamline, and then we have Sejic who IMO have the best design for Cyborg I've seen in a long time. So I'll be honest I'm quite a bit confused with what direction appearance wise they're heading with Cyborg.
    Yeah, I'm seeing what you're seeing.

Metal gave him an adjusted look. The early solicits for Cyborg #21 & #22 showed 2 different looks. No Justice gives us some bulky look. JL #1 had a different look. Then JLOdyssey gives us the most promising, streamlined look in quite some time. The concept art seems to reinforce that the Odyssey look is what we'll have going forward.

I honestly hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I have to winder why they didn't include Adam Strange. He's such a staple of DC's cosmic corner.
    I'd be surprised if he didn't show up at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post

Sounds like Poison Ivy and artists being unable to keep her design consistent across multiple books .

Spectacular Member baycitybomber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I look forward to Despero and Kanjar Ro, but I hope we get a Rebirth Maxima (I wasn't keen on the one who showed up in Supergirl) and Lady Styx too. I'd like to see some more of the villainesses get some time to shine.
    In other "not keen on the one who showed up in Supergirl" news, I hope the pre-new 52 Captain Comet shows up for an adventure or two.

2006 - Mystery in Space02-01.jpg

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This book is a great opportunity to flesh out their cosmic side of the DCU. There is a lot of good concepts that don’t get used that much. The war in the Vega system (The Omega Men), The Spider Guild, The Reach, Thanagar/Rann feud.

I would love to see Arin the Armored Man show up. He’s an obscure Kirby character from Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #46. He was created/raised in an airless environment so he could travel in space. His mission was to take Superman’s genetic code to a distant asteroid to store for safe keeping. Would love to see what became of him.
    you should check out the new age of heroes book the unexpected by steve orlando when it comes out, because that's the book that's actually focusing on expanding the cosmic and dealing with things like that.