Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Never thought Darkseid would be on the JL and it's nice seeing Starfire there as well. I'm definitely on board with this team.

BANNED

Ronan and Darkseid had a love child?

I didn't know Sejic drawing Cyborg was something I needed but he looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Same for me, with the exception that, as an animal lover, I don't like that she's a hunter. Everything else though? 10/10.

She isn't the MOST relatable DC character for me, but she's definitely up there, and the way Humphries wrote her struggling with her anxiety are easily some of the most powerful and relatable moments for me in any DC work.
    True I did forget about the hunting stuff, not a huge fan of that.
    But the anxiety and "everyday" aspects to her personality are really inspiring and relatable to me. She feels like a person you could actually meet on the street. And copes with being a superhero in a way I find very believable.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Need Mera on this team

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Need Mera on this team
    I don't know if she's cosmic level enough. Azrael isn't but I don't think he fits either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by micahbevans88 View Post
    I don't know if she's cosmic level enough. Azrael isn't but I don't think he fits either.
    not necessary

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Ronan and Darkseid had a love child?

I didn't know Sejic drawing Cyborg was something I needed but he looks awesome
    he drew cyborg in one of the metal crossover issues as well

Spectacular Member

no, it was mr terrific. i drew cyborg before as a fanart but that was all.

Quote Originally Posted by micahbevans88 View Post

HAs Azrael been around of late. I can't remember the last time I saw him. Cold he be amped up in power.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    HAs Azrael been around of late. I can't remember the last time I saw him. Cold he be amped up in power.
    He's been a regular in 'Tec for the last year. No massive power boosts to speak of.

I don't know if I am going to trade wait or just get the single issues, but I do know I am going to be reading this series.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

My reaction to this is "meh".

Williamson is pretty ok. I'm actually not the biggest fan of Sejic. He has a very stylized art that works for specific things.

As for the lineup. Jessica is pretty good. I really like Azreal's look with bringing his original elements back in. But he should not be in space. Don't really care about Starfire. Does Cyborg really need to be on two teams? Good Darkseid is very strange.

Only gonna pick this up if it ends up having very good writing. Definitely not going to be for the characters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    He's been a regular in 'Tec for the last year. No massive power boosts to speak of.
    Maybe not on the level of a top tier being, but he has a one-shot attack, which is a boost for him. I don't recall him ever having that type of attack before.

Extraordinary Member

I'm a bit trepidatious about having Darkseid join the League in any way, shape, or form. He's supposed to be one of the most heinous villains in the DCU. But, I guess if Dr. Doom and Magneto can join the FF and the X-Men, respectively, it could work for Darkseid...for a time.

I guess it works if and only if being on the League just happens to line up with his needs and not because he is "going good."
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-24-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    My reaction to this is "meh".

Williamson is pretty ok. I'm actually not the biggest fan of Sejic. He has a very stylized art that works for specific things.
    Kind of agreed. I mean, when I saw Darkseid in the promo image, I thought for a second that Ronan the Accuser had jumped universes.

Hopefully Sejic can render Darkseid better in future issues.