Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

This is an exciting lineup. Starfire’s design is very cool too. I’m glad to see Jessica is still with the League.

I thought the new Justice League lineup was the thing I was going to be most excited about. I was wrong. Justice League Odyssey has taken the crown.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    I thought the new Justice League lineup was the thing I was going to be most excited about. I was wrong. Justice League Odyssey has taken the crown.
    Odyssey definitely has the crown now, but hopefully Outsiders will be stealing it very soon.

Spectacular Member baycitybomber's Avatar

It's good to see Starfire not being chained to the Titans.

HERA.i thought it was a bad dream that I had actually read this post yesterday.however I was all for JUSTICE LEAGUE ODESSEY until DARKSEID became a member.NO TROIA.NO VIXEN..well let me go check for THE X MEN post to make sure MR SINISTER or APOCALYPSE isn't joining their ranks.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    But I think designating it as a Justice League B title is the kiss of death. Maybe it won't be, but we'll see.
    I get what you are saying, but I don't think sales are based on the who is the leading team vs the creative, just like all other books. For example if Tynion was writing the main justice league book and Snyder was on JL Dark, I am sure JL Dark would be the best selling title each month and JL would be pushed the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Odyssey definitely has the crown now, but hopefully Outsiders will be stealing it very soon.
    I'm happy to be looking forward to all the rosters and books we have coming up .

Looks good.

Only thing keeping me from being completely sold on this is Williamson writing. Sejic on art and this team are more than enough to keep me buying though, just wish Wonder Woman was here so I could have the Sejic drawn WW title of my dreams.

I'm really doubting that I'll pick up Synder's JL now, this and JL Dark way more interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    If DC announces an Outsiders title by Bryan Hill (especially with some members from the Tec arc he's doing) I'll lose it.

This could actually be pretty cool. I like that there is a cosmic and a mystical team, even if their line-ups are not ideal.
    I hope Blue Beetle, Adam Strange and Barda get to appear.

The idea sounds like one I proposed here a while back. Simon and Jessica were to appear in a comic called The Emissaries, in which they'd explore unknown regions of the universe on behalf of the Guardians. That in turn was a super-hero take on Star Trek. So I don't hate the idea.

But I think designating it as a Justice League B title is the kiss of death. Maybe it won't be, but we'll see.
    A comic called Emissaries would do better than Justice League Odissey? LOL
    Of course this book won't do better than Snyder's, but only Batman or Bendis's Superman would have any chance of competing anyway.
    I've been saying for some time DC should relaunch Adventure Comics as a new cosmic team in the same vein as this one, but there's no denying the JL brand can potentially bring more attention to a book like this.
    Past JL spin-offs didn't do so well because almost all of them were terrible, lacked direction and were completely irrelevant to the rest of the line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    A comic called Emissaries would do better than Justice League Odissey? LOL
    Of course this book won't do better than Snyder's, but only Batman or Bendis's Superman would have any chance of competing anyway.
    I've been saying for some time DC should relaunch Adventure Comics as a new cosmic team in the same vein as this one, but there's no denying the JL brand can potentially bring more attention to a book like this.
    Past JL spin-offs didn't do so well because almost all of them were terrible, lacked direction and were completely irrelevant to the rest of the line.
    Please list for me all the designated B comics that have ever done well, in the history of the medium. The list will be very short, if you can find any at all. You can blow off that long, sad track record if you want to, but a smart bettor wouldn't. Even if, "They're going to do it better this time for sure!"

I'd call it Rumplestiltskin before I'd call it a Justice League B title. Or Macaroni.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-25-2018 at 10:31 AM.

BANNED

Let me tell you why designated B titles don't sell.

Because it's hard as hell to sell an A title!

So how much harder is it to sell a designated B title?

I don't understand the thinking behind launching two Justice League B titles, when one just failed. The problem is the very idea of a B title. They never, ever do well. Again it's the bizarre tactic of telling your customers that one of your products is better than the other one. Maybe sooner or later DC will figure this out.

I think the people who scoffed at my idea of putting Jessica Cruz in a strong seller like Detective Comics will regret that DC didn't do something like that.
    Except that B-titles will sell to some people more than A-titles will.

Look at Peter David's X-Factor, the New Mutants (pre-Cable), Excalibur and West Coast Avengers.
    People didn't refuse to buy them because they weren't the X-Men or the Avengers.

They bought them because of the characters and/or the creators.

I, personally, would buy JLDark or JLOdyssey over JL. And that's even with the all-star line-up they have following No Justice.
    That's because I rank Zatanna (and magic-users in general) over Batman and company, and I strongly desire a space team that's not '20 shades of Green Lanterns'.

It's not a matter of, 'but we already have a Justice League title'.
    It's a matter of 'where do my personal favorite characters appear?'

The thing is that the main Justice League title needs to have Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to even be considered an A-list JL title. And the line-up is great.
    But I, personally, find Batman and Superman boring. And with the Trinity on the team, as they should be, that only leaves room for a handful of other characters.

Same with Avengers. Captain America, Iron Man and Thor are necessary for it to be considered a real Avengers book. But, again, I find Captain America and Iron Man boring.

It's not about 'oh no, this team can't possibly be good, because it's not the main team'.
    If that was the case, why do we even have a whole line of superhero comics at DC? Shouldn't Superman be enough?

Comics can't be analyzed with a cut and dried fatalistic view.
    Different people have different tastes.
    The two other JL titles may not sell as much as the main A-title, but they won't sink simply because they're not the A-title.

I, personally, don't see it as 'oh no, Zatanna's not good enough to be on the A-title?'
    I see it, 'thank God, Zatanna isn't being wasted on fighting Lex Luthor and friends'.

I would much rather see Starfire in a space-based team, even if it's JL-related, than to see her fighting the Injustice League. Especially if it means that Tamaran and Blackfire have more of a chance of appearing (which they would in a book like JLOdyssey).
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Fantastic Member

My only concern is how long Sejic will be staying on. The one Aquaman arc was not enough (I’m greedy )! Maybe the circumstances were different in that case, but it can be jarring going from his art to anything else because it’s so stylized.

Not knocking Sejic - I’m a big fan of Ravine, Sunstone, Death Vigil, etc. Just hoping for a long run since I love these designs, the roster, the concept. It sounds like good stuff.