Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Except Talia was conditioned toward evil from birth by her father's upbringing, yet her original incarnation still saw her in an antiheroic fashion.

And what exactly are you getting at by namedropping professions as if that means literally anything? Are you saying mundane academic job titles have a prediliction towards a moral inclination that you find to be empathetic? That's a very bold claim in a world of Harvey Dents, Hugo Stranges and Jonathan Cranes.

Trauma is no excuse for evil, whether or not you were a...scientist or whatever. What an absurd position.
    It's like Sheldon Cooper said about all the evil villains that have a doctorate. Maybe grad school should do a better job at screening these people.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    If Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn can, I don't see why not Talia as well. But Talia's fans aren't nearly as numerous or...uh...VOCAL as fans of Ivy and Harley, so she's far less likely to have any kind of "redemption".

I liked Talia more when she was noble, aristocratic, and torn between the ideals of Batman and her father. But she's just become so unscrupulous, moral-devoid and bloodthirsty to the point that I have zero interest in entertaining ideas of her redemption. It would just be more contrivance and the last thing the Bat-mythos needs is further defanging of its villainesses.
    I think that's the point right there. I think Talia and Poison Ivy switched places in villainy due to character popularity, as Ivy was always more vicious than Talia ever was (until fairly recently). Also, it's funny how Talia is basically Harley and Ivy rolled into one.

Like Harley, Talia is tied to a man who isn't any good for her and you feel that she could be saved from him. Like Ivy, Talia (and by extension Ra's) had noble intentions, but went about it in an extremist way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Anybody COULD be redeemed but Talia is just cooler as a villain. Best to leave it that way imo.

Eventually, that's going to get old, and there are many positives to exploring her as a positive figure in Damien and Bruce's life.