Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who are the top 5 greatest Acolytes?

I'll start with them....

Key members over the years

Exodus
    Polaris
    Amelia Vought
    Scanner
    Uniscione
    Senyaka
    Cortez
    Javitz
    Rusty
    Skids
    Mellencamp
    Maria Cortez

Exodus
    Bought
    Scanner
    Uniscione
    Senyaka

Amelia Voght
    Katu
    Mellancamp
    Senyaka
    Kleinstock Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Currently MagSeven

Colossus
    Exodus
    Cortez
    Voght
    Senyaka

Ultimate Member

My favorites are Unuscione, Frenzy and Scanner. Maybe Senyaka and Mellencamp, to bring it up to five.

But 'greatest?' Which I'm interpreting as most relevant / important?

Exodus / Bennet du Paris
    Colossus / Piotr Rasputin
    Frenzy / Joanna Cargill
    Fabian Cortez
    Amelia Voight

Others not mentioned in the OP;

Chrome - flight, transmutation, sometimes seemed to be incorrectly identified as / conflated with Katu
    Delgado - limited growth and super-strength (seemed to be a SHIELD agent sent to infiltrate them, and then mysteriously became one of them?)
    Katu - weather control, able to absorb and redirect electricity through his bionic arms
    Milan, darling, Milan - technopath, able to interface with machines, or project his thoughts like movies
    Neophyte - able to phase/teleport through matter
    Rakkus - a sentient virus able to infect someone and grant them temporary super-strength, growth and energy blast powers (hey, maybe he explains why Delgado went from SHIELD infiltrator to giant mutant bruiser?)
    Spoor - pheromones make other people angry and fight-y, no fun at parties, extra points for the classy name
    Decay - old dude who could steal life-force from others (crumbling them to dust) to keep himself alive (it would have been fun to make him one of those people that Selene has 'made vampires' over the years!)
    Gargouille - short, strong, rock-tough, claws, flight
    Kamal - absorb the appearance and properties of materials he touched
    Orator - empathic awareness
    Projecteur - force fields (because Unus, Skids, Unuscione, Cecelia Reyes, Radius and Hisako/Armor apparently didn't already have that covered...)
    Static - no idea
    Barnacle - no idea
    REM-RAM - force people into a dream state during which he can edit / mess with their minds and memories, forcing them to relive buried traumas or whatever
    Vindaloo - from India, shot hot burning goop at people, oh Marvel, never stop (for our next trick, a Scottish mutant named Haggis who shoots sheep's guts at people, or a Japanese mutant named Sushi would shoots raw fish at people!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 03-26-2018 at 04:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The ones leaving a real impression;

Exodus (because he became one of the returning X-Villains)
    Frenzy because she did become an X-Man
    Senyaka (who's the most brutal and was also key in Necrosha)
    Voght, who had a thing with Xavier. However, she's forgotten the recent years
    Uniscione, because she was on Utopoia, with the X-Men in AvX and is expected to be Unus his daughter.
    Scanner (who wanted to become an X-Man but was declined and was the nicest of the Acolytes. Still hurts she got depowered)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    I'll start with them....

Key members over the years

Exodus
    Polaris
    Amelia Vought
    Scanner
    Uniscione
    Senyaka
    Cortez
    Javitz
    Rusty
    Skids
    Mellencamp
    Maria Cortez
    I always liked Neophyte the most. He is the only one who got 2 issues of Uncanny X-Men pretty much as the main character, and UX 315 the Trial of Neophyte in Avalon with Exodus as judge and Colossus as lawyer.
    He is a mixture of teleporter and speedster. He can merge with homogenous surfaces and move instantly through them, often that works only for a small area, but if he merged with the Panamerican highway he could move from Panama to Alaska instantly.

I wish the teen mutants of the 90s like Neophyte (although that is probably a rank, not a real codename), Christopher Bradley (Bolt), or Abyss, had joined the school in the 2000s, they were all younger than Jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    But 'greatest?' Which I'm interpreting as most relevant / important?

Exodus / Bennet du Paris
    Frenzy / Joanna Cargill
    Fabian Cortez
    Amelia Voight
    The Acolytes should have been invented as a foil to the X-Men a lot longer ago than they were. As a spandex-wearing personality cult, they serve as a dark mirror to Xavier's various generations of "heroes". They SHOULD have a hierarchy and various striketeams, but they've always seemed poorly organized and full of redundant, shallow maniacs.

Fabian Cortez is important because he takes advantage of Magneto's symbolism and ideology, and manipulates his following. He exploits the philosophy.

Exodus is important because he is incredibly powerful and devoted, following Magneto's example. He exemplifies the philosophy.

Amelia Voght is important because she pre-dates the Xavier/Magneto schism and seeks shelter from an anti-mutant world. She sees through the philosophy.

Joanna Cargill is important because she's a terrorist who turns to Magneto's Acolytes to accelerate her destructive goals. She engages the philosophy.

I don't have a fifth, but it would be someone who proves the philosophy wrong.

Frenzy
    Scanner
    Voght
    Neophyte
    Unuscione/Senyaka (both kind of generically vicious, but very recognizable)

I never got Exodus. He seemed to just check cliche boxes for instafame by being both overpowered and ancient. I like the other Acolytes because they are like super-powered, misguded orphans.

Astonishing Member

Do we even know if Unuscione has not prefered to keep the Age of X memories and Stand-Off codename? those were probably better for her than her real life

Exodus
    Cortez
    Voght
    Unuscione
    Senyaka

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Do we even know if Unuscione has not prefered to keep the Age of X memories and Stand-Off codename? those were probably better for her than her real life
    No one kept their AoX codename. Unfortunately, because Eclipse was way cooler than Sunspot. Same applied applied for several other AoX codenames.

Most of the people do not remember AoX, except a few like Cyke, Rogue and Frenzy.

Anyway, we are drifting off topic here.

The least appealing to me were Bernacle, Orator, Rem Ram and Staric.

Oh and who said Marie Cortrez was ever important? No one even know's her.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Exodus
    An interesting character philosophically rooted in carrying on Magneto's torch, though as a character not always quite understanding what Magneto's torch actually is when he isn't around. Exodus would love to take over from Magneto and has tried, but his take on it is a warped vision with Middle Ages concepts intermixed.

Cortez
    A figure who is willing to play the role of lackey, but also stand up to Magneto as he uses Magneto's ideas and legacy heavily as an avenue for the advancement of his own power.

Polaris
    On some level Magneto both did and didn't want her as a part of the war as he only came to her when he was on the knives edge of losing it. Magneto has long looked at rest of the Acolytes for a replacement when he is gone and tended to find either the overzealous, the power hungry, or alot of other things that led him to think they couldn't fill in his shoes very well.

Then there is Lorna who he avoided much of her life because he didn't want her on ground zero for his war, but having a daughter around who shares his power and emotionality creates a hard to ignore enforcer and possible replacement. Lorna herself long has been equally conflicted about that possible role with the question being less can and more is that what she wants and therein comes uncertainty.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-26-2018 at 10:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Frenzy
    Scanner
    Voght
    Neophyte
    Unuscione/Senyaka (both kind of generically vicious, but very recognizable)

I never got Exodus. He seemed to just check cliche boxes for instafame by being both overpowered and ancient. I like the other Acolytes because they are like super-powered, misguded orphans.

Odd. Exodus has been clearly defined for years.A zealot who believed heart and soul in Magneto's homo superior should inherit the earth mindset. Overpowered? He's not Sentry. He just has various powers like Sinister and Apocalypse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    No one kept their AoX codename. Unfortunately, because Eclipse was way cooler than Sunspot. Same applied applied for several other AoX codenames.

Most of the people do not remember AoX, except a few like Cyke, Rogue and Frenzy.

Anyway, we are drifting off topic here.

The least appealing to me were Bernacle, Orator, Rem Ram and Staric.

Oh and who said Marie Cortrez was ever important? No one even know's her.
    She's important because, unlike her brother, when it seemed certain death was their fate in X men #3, she refused to be saved by Xavier and stayed under Magneto's arm till the end. Definition of an Acolyte. Next to Unsicione and Scanner, she worshipped Magneto maybe the most.