Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default “I’m gonna go get a Danish, thats what I deserve.’ Harvey Bullock Appreciation

Bullock deserves more appreciation... Honestly I really hope we get a Gotham Central: Rebirth book with Jim and Harvey starring and a Rene Montpya PI book

Maybe you are right... I am not his biggest fan but... I am not Bullock hater..

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Bullock and Montoya were a perfect couple of policemen, they shouldn't never split them.
    And yes, Harvey rules!

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Bullock and Montoya were a perfect couple of policemen, they shouldn't never split them.
    And yes, Harvey rules!
    I dunno, I've always liked how Gotham has handled Jim and Harvey (Even though Harvey is now the Better Cop of the Pair- Gotham's Jim is so corrupt at this point I question whether or not we're supposed to support him.)
    gotham_harvey-bullock_quote.jpg

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I dunno, I've always liked how Gotham has handled Jim and Harvey (Even though Harvey is now the Better Cop of the Pair- Gotham's Jim is so corrupt at this point I question whether or not we're supposed to support him.)
    gotham_harvey-bullock_quote.jpg
    I don't know, I've dropped Gotham after the second episode.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I don't know, I've dropped Gotham after the second episode.
    I dropped it after the First Episode, but came back late in season 1 when they introduced the Scarecrow, I then proceeded to stick around for Jerome. As Bullock puts it: "Gotham doesn’t have straight lines, it’s got twists and turns and dead ends."
    Last edited by Denirac; 03-26-2018 at 05:18 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I dropped it after the First Episode, but came back late in season 1 when they introduced the Scarecrow, I then proceeded to stick around for Jerome. As Bullock puts it: "Gotham doesn’t have straight lines, it’s got twists and turns and dead ends."
    James Gordon is supposed to be one of the few clean cops in Gotham how did that go wrong.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    James Gordon is supposed to be one of the few clean cops in Gotham how did that go wrong.
    spoilers:
    When he started making deals with Cobblepot, so Season 2 episode 1:
    Loeb fired him so He got his job back via asking Cobblepot and Zsasz to ‘persuade’ Loeb to retire, in exchange for Collecting a Debt someone owed Cobblepot, He killed the guy.
    Then he killed the Mayor (Theo Galivan) in cold blood alongside Oswald though technically Galivan was a bad guy.
    Then he was sent to prison- Framed by Riddler, but he broke out and cleared his name...
    Then He became a PI briefly
    Then he became a Merc for Hire
    Then he returned to GCPD and infiltrated the Court of Owls
    Then he literally got in bed with Sofia Falcone to get her help to oust the Penguin.
    She then made him Captain of the GCPD, but that meant him having Bullock fired to get the job
    Then He covered up his Connection to her and Professor Pyg
    And now to Oust Sofia from the underworld he's gotten help from Penguin, again
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    When he started making deals with Cobblepot, so Season 2 episode 1:
    Loeb fired him so He got his job back via asking Cobblepot and Zsasz to ‘persuade’ Loeb to retire, in exchange for Collecting a Debt someone owed Cobblepot, He killed the guy.
    Then he killed the Mayor (Theo Galivan) in cold blood alongside Oswald though technically Galivan was a bad guy.
    Then he was sent to prison- Framed by Riddler, but he broke out and cleared his name...
    Then He became a PI briefly
    Then he became a Merc for Hire
    Then he returned to GCPD and infiltrated the Court of Owls
    Then he literally got in bed with Sofia Falcone to get her help to oust the Penguin.
    She then made him Captain of the GCPD, but that meant him having Bullock fired to get the job
    Then He covered up his Connection to her and Professor Pyg
    And now to Oust Sofia from the underworld he's gotten help from Penguin, again
    end of spoilers
    Seriously the Penguin is how he got into this mess? Can Gordon be redeemed?

Seriously the Penguin is how he got into this mess? Can Gordon be redeemed?
    I'd have said yes they can redeem Gordon, but after the current mess spoilers:
    with Sofia Falcone, and him firing Bullock to get the Job that Sofia gave him, I dont know. He did plan on revealing everything and turning himself in. Bullock wouldnt let him because if Jim did that, he'd become a martyr and maybe feel better about himself, but the GCPD would lose its 'hero', and basically told him to learn to live with what he did- thats the only way forward.
    end of spoilers

I'd have said yes they can redeem Gordon, but after the current mess spoilers:
    with Sofia Falcone, and him firing Bullock to get the Job that Sofia gave him, I dont know. He did plan on revealing everything and turning himself in. Bullock wouldn't let him because if Jim did that, he'd become a martyr and maybe feel better about himself, but the GCPD would lose its 'hero', and basically told him to learn to live with what he did- that's the only way forward.
    end of spoilers
    Wow I don't know how long before Gordon will snap from the guilt though.

Wow I don't know how long before Gordon will snap from the guilt though.
    spoilers:
    Thats why Harvey returned to GCPD as a detective, Jim couldnt take down Sofia without him (plus he wanted someone to confess to), plus Jim wont have time. Jerome Valeska's breaking out of Arkham and assembling the Creme de la Crazy (Firefly, Scarecrow, Freeze, Riddler, Penguin and Grundy).
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Thats why Harvey returned to GCPD as a detective, Jim couldnt take down Sofia without him (plus he wanted someone to confess to), plus Jim wont have time. Jerome Valeska's breaking out of Arkham and assembling the Creme de la Crazy (Firefly, Scarecrow, Freeze, Riddler, Penguin and Grundy).
    end of spoilers
    This is a switch from the fact Harvey Bullock was a corrupt cop who chose to side with Gordon after learning to respect him. At least Gordon will be getting some support in the face of trouble I really wonder why Gotham won't make Valeska the Joker instead of his unnamed twin.

This is a switch from the fact Harvey Bullock was a corrupt cop who chose to side with Gordon after learning to respect him. At least Gordon will be getting some support in the face of trouble I really wonder why Gotham won't make Valeska the Joker instead of his unnamed twin.
    If we never learn Valeska's Twin's name or much about him aside from being Joker, it keeps the Mystery Alive. And spoilers:
    If you'd like evidence of how bad a cop Jim is, once Captain of GCPD he manipulates Penguin into starting a Gang War against him, just to find a charge to put him away for- Zsasz lies for the sake of putting Oswald away, claiming Oswald blew a kid up. Jim's entire case against Penguin is built off a gang war that Jim started by bringing Sofia to Gotham, and the lies of a well known hitman
    end of spoilers

If we never learn Valeska's Twin's name or much about him aside from being Joker, it keeps the Mystery Alive. And spoilers:
    If you'd like evidence of how bad a cop Jim is, once Captain of GCPD he manipulates Penguin into starting a Gang War against him, just to find a charge to put him away for- Zsasz lies for the sake of putting Oswald away, claiming Oswald blew a kid up. Jim's entire case against Penguin is built off a gang war that Jim started by bringing Sofia to Gotham, and the lies of a well known hitman
    end of spoilers
    Well I found Veleska to be suitable Joker that's why I would rather they just go with him he's already been wearing a Joker-esque suit anyway. But i see your point even with the three Jokers reveal there's still quite a bit mystery involved. Yeah I have been reading all the spoilers and they do not paint James Gordon in a very flattering light. Makes you wonder how Batman is going to work with him.