Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Robert Venditti's New 52 GL run was pretty terrible, but his Rebirth run is a vast improvement. It's not particularly deep in terms of characterization, but it provides plenty of blockbuster thrills and laughs with some fantastic art.

Maybe I just have low standards but GL was one of my favorite runs in New 52.

I’d say Dark Nights Metal is pretty key if you want somewhere to start Justice League, a lot of current team books are ending to be Relaunched in No Justice which seems to Follow on from Metal:

Post No Justice Team Books look like:

Scott Snyder’s JL with the Justice League Unlimited Lineup
    Tynion’s JL Dark
    Williamson’s JL Odyssey
    Abnett still on Titans
    Adam Glass’s Teen Titans
    Suicide Squad which I believe is still the same writer

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Robert Venditti's New 52 GL run was pretty terrible, but his Rebirth run is a vast improvement. It's not particularly deep in terms of characterization, but it provides plenty of blockbuster thrills and laughs with some fantastic art.
    Hmmm not the traits that I prefer to be honest, Im more into well planned long term plot and character development. Great art is always appreciated but not a decisive factor over the others.

Guess I'll go for GL: Earth One ( I read favorable reviews) and save a chunk of cash in the process. Wait until a new writer takes over.

Thanks for your input
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 03-28-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I’d say Dark Nights Metal is pretty key if you want somewhere to start Justice League, a lot of current team books are ending to be Relaunched in No Justice which seems to Follow on from Metal:

Post No Justice Team Books look like:

Scott Snyder’s JL with the Justice League Unlimited Lineup
    Tynion’s JL Dark
    Williamson’s JL Odyssey
    Abnett still on Titans
    Adam Glass’s Teen Titans
    Suicide Squad which I believe is still the same writer
    Yeah a mod from the Batman forum clarified what Metal is all about and I've decided the way I'll proceed on that front, catch up with Metal first and already preordered the No Justice mini and then will pull JL + JL Dark (even if Tyinion is not my first or even second choice for writing that book the premise and overall character line up align with my taste)

Quote Originally Posted by gooch4011 View Post
    Maybe I just have low standards but GL was one of my favorite runs in New 52.
    Re Venditti's New 52 GL. As I originally posted, the Godhead crossover was pretty great, the rest.... not so.

IMO Red Lanterns and GL Corps were the best reads after Johns finished his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

I haven't checked out the main Wild Storm book, but Bryan Hill's The Wildstorm: Michael Cray has been fantastic.
    No other opinions on the recent Wildstorm books?

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Hmmm not the traits that I prefer to be honest, Im more into well planned long term plot and character development. Great art is always appreciated but not a decisive factor over the others.

Guess I'll go for GL: Earth One ( I read favorable reviews) and save a chunk of cash in the process. Wait until a new writer takes over.

Thanks for your input
    GL: Earth One was fantastic I highly recommend it.

So glad to find out that Venditti is finishing up and I really hope the incoming writer rumors are true!!!

Alright so I got the Batman/Flash The button HC as well.

Will catch up with the Doomsday clock too.

Alright so I got the Batman/Flash The button HC as well.

Will catch up with the Doomsday clock too.
    The Flash is a huge one I’d suggest catching up on with Flash War looming. And I saw no one responded with regards to Constantine, I still read Hellblazer (I might be alone on that though.) It started Ok, then Seeley did really well, then we got a kinda bad fill in before Seeley returned. Swamp Thing was there the whole first arc and I think he might have returned in the second, I cant remember

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    The Flash is a huge one I’d suggest catching up on with Flash War looming. And I saw no one responded with regards to Constantine, I still read Hellblazer (I might be alone on that though.) It started Ok, then Seeley did really well, then we got a kinda bad fill in before Seeley returned. Swamp Thing was there the whole first arc and I think he might have returned in the second, I cant remember
    Not much of a Flash fan here to be honest. With all the catching up I'm looking at it would be at the end of my list.

Re Hellblazer: thank you! So the Seeley arcs are the good ones; thats that I needed to know. Glad to know that DC hasn't forgotten about Swampy.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I do think far and away New Super-Man and Green Lanterns were the best of the Rebirth books I've read.

Hal and the GLC was pretty good too but a little more superficial and more of a conclusion to Sinestro's book.

Wonder Woman under Rucka was amazing but the arcs since then have been rather lackluster especially in not knowing where to go with her once Rucka's run was done.

Super Sons, Titans and Teen Titans failed to pull me in at all. The new creative teams and rosters on Titans and Teen titans look worth a try though.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yeah I do think far and away New Super-Man and Green Lanterns were the best of the Rebirth books I've read.

Hal and the GLC was pretty good too but a little more superficial and more of a conclusion to Sinestro's book.

Wonder Woman under Rucka was amazing but the arcs since then have been rather lackluster especially in not knowing where to go with her once Rucka's run was done.

Super Sons, Titans and Teen Titans failed to pull me in at all. The new creative teams and rosters on Titans and Teen titans look worth a try though.
    WW by Rucka is def on my to read list.

Thanks

I'm more of a John Stewart and Hal Jordan + alien Corps kinda GL fan. Baz felt so meh to me when Johns introduced him, Jessica is somewhat more interesting.... and Im so over more GLs from 2814 I mean seriously...

Two mentions for Red Hood, maybe Jason Todd's latest is worth checking out.
    Red hood is worth a check out as are Supersons and Deathstroke.Thoae 3 are standouts in Rebirth.
    Williamson's Flash, Metal and Mister Miracle are also very good.
    Priest's JL has been interesting and fun. Much better than the previous run.

WW by Rucka is def on my to read list.
    Very good, underrated run.