Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

After seeing that teaser I feel a hell of a lot better about this movie. I know that it barely scrapes the surface, but it has at least put my mind at ease for the time being.

Looks like the toys previewed today have some sort of "Battle damage" feature, one that implies that at least some of the Falcon's worn look may have been Han perhaps pushing her beyond her original design's tolerance, perhaps causing some of the fancy outside plating to burn or blow off somehow.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

BANNED

Default Solo: A Star Wars Story Thoughts

The report is that Solo: A Star Wars Story is a "troubled production," and I suppose in many ways it is. But this account of the direction of the film is very encouraging. To hear the stories of morale on the set, the improvement of the lead actor, Ron Howard's immediate confidence coming into a project which would leave many experienced directors uneasy at best, and shooting scenes in one-tenth the number of takes I find very heartening.

I don't know if this film will meet Lucasfilm's expectations or needs, but it sounds very encouraging the a decent movie is going to spring forth like a phoenix from the hot blaze this was looking like it could be.

Well, i liked the trailer fine. (kinda feel alone on that one lol)

I don't know, i think that movie is going to be a very nice surprise.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 03-26-2018 at 12:13 PM.

I don’t know what to think. Seems like the trailers have been trying to hide Alden Whatshisface.

I'm not especially excited for this movie. Based on the trailer alone, it doesn't seem like Alden Ehrenreich was up to the task of channeling Harrison Ford, which was really the one thing that needed to happen with this film. This isn't just another prequel. This is Han Solo, the most iconic character in Star Wars that's not Darth Vader (and we all know how his prequel story worked out). I'm ready to be proven wrong, but I kind of wish this was Lando: A Star Wars Story.

I hope people aren't expecting Aiden to simply do a Harrison Ford impression. That will become tiresome really soon. To see how to do iconic characters in a prequel right, look at the likes of Godfather 2. Robert De Niro played a young Vito Corleone, a role immortalized by Marlon Brando in The Godfather. He did not try to ape Brando by something like those puffed cheeks. Rather the similarities were more subtle. Making it so effective that he won the oscar for best supporting actor.

I can see some similarities with Harrison Ford. But its not right in your face. I have a good feeling about this. I maybe wrong.

One thing that i find a bit amusing, is that we haven't heard Donald Glover speak one word. Yet people love him already. He most definitely looks the coolest dude in space. But that's no indication that he is going to be great when he speaks too.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-27-2018 at 05:07 AM.

I just wish they got someone that looked even remotely like Ford.

That's something for being honest i just don't give a darn about.

It's a new guy and yes he doesn't look like Ford. But what is more important in my opinion is the mannerism, the way of talking, the humor, the charm, that lovable rascal vibe.

If that he can pull, then i'm not going to utter any complains about the actor.

Seems that the film isn't getting a lot of the marketing attention a SW normally seems to get. There's plenty of press for The Last Jedi blu-ray, but Disney seems to be a lot more focused on Avengers as far as upcoming films are concerned...but who can blame them?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Seems that the film isn't getting a lot of the marketing attention a SW normally seems to get. There's plenty of press for The Last Jedi blu-ray, but Disney seems to be a lot more focused on Avengers as far as upcoming films are concerned...but who can blame them?
    The toys come out in two weeks, that’s when the marketing will probably heat up.

New trailer on American idol tonight.

https://www.cbr.com/solo-star-wars-s...american-idol/

Yeah this trailer really did nothing for me. The first full one was way better.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.