Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Messner-Loebs is my favorite Wonder Woman writer, and his arc with Lee Moder from 72-83 was an amazing story. It would be great to have it collected in a couple of trades EXCEPT for the hideous fill-in art. The story doesn't make much sense without #84 which had the unfortunate art by someone named Massengill, who has not been heard from again. Some of Massengill's art was sort of amazing in a weird hideous way but totally wrong for this story. Part 2 of the Flash team up and the Ares origin story had pretty bad art as well.

Despite that, M-L wrote a great Diana who was always turning enemies to allies, in the spirt of the original Marston Wonder Woman. #75, the issue featured in that news story above, is one of my all-time favorites. In one single issue, Diana redeems a junkie, a bitter cop, and a computer genius with serious daddy issues. A great story for anyone who wants to know what a great inspiring hero Diana can be.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So he doesn't get money from reprints of his runs? Wow
    There haven't been any reprints besides the Deodato issues. Aside from the rest of his WW run, there's his acclaimed Flash run that would make for several good sized trades, his Hawkman, his Doctor Fate, the 1996 Artemis mini series... plenty of great material that's never been collected.

I don't know why WM-L's name wasn't included on the most recent "By Mike Deodato" trade; just seems like a slap in the face. Unless of course they paid him less than Deodato because of that...? Either way it's messed up.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

That story where WW was trapped in that female slave planet was great. There should be more stories like that.