Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Donna Troy Appreciation

Art by Nebezial
    Last edited by juan678; 05-02-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

Too Funny! I love this artist; I think I saw other works on Deviantart.

Spectacular Member

aww, you opened the thread with this one XD

Pretty much funny. And true.

But on topic, I had read there are hints on the return of Donna in the SM/WW book. Are they real or just rumours?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

But on topic, I had read there are hints on the return of Donna in the SM/WW book. Are they real or just rumours?
    I hope they're real. Soule would do a good job with her. I'm loving everything he's writing at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

Considering the hints that went along with it all came to fruition (Wally and Stephanie's return), I think its pretty likely, yeah. But still, nothing confirmed as of yet. I would keep an eye open when Doomed, the Superman crossover that SM/WW is involved in, is close to ending though. When that story is done I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the title jump to a more WW-centric storyline which will serve as the intro to Donna.

And I say throw in some Spyral involvement so a certain new agent meets her too...

Wally West is back, seems like a good a time as any for Donna to return!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Donna is awesome and massively underappreciated. And that Nebezial artwork is PHENOMENAL as always.

I eagerly await Donna's return. If the rumors remain true, then she'll be returning under Charles Soule's pen....which means it should be awesome.

And hopefully, they'll do right by her this time by giving her a simple, straightforward origin and NOT using her as a disposable character any time they feel like killing a character.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

After the return/debut of Wally and Stephanie Brown, Donna fans must be expectant.
    The clue I just found:

Soon, in Superman Wonder Woman.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm eagerly awaiting Donna's return in Superman/Wonder Woman. I think Soule is the perfect writer to reintroduce and modernize her while keeping her classic, core elements intact. I really hope they put her in a red and gold jumpsuit of some sort.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Isn't Donna Troy from the WW family anymore?

Great way to start her thread. I'm not sure I'm excited for her return any more after Wally's though.

Please keep Donna away from the New 52. After what happened with Tim and Wally I don't want to risk it.
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____¯|
    -¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

She has the best costume in the business. The star field costume is amazing.

Huge fan of Troia, an ultimately short-lived variation on Donna. But I thought she had the coolest combination of powers. The old classic Amazonian powers, with cool new Titan-related powers (like being a human flashlight, force fields). It's a shame that version didn't last long!