Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So she's human? Where did her powers come from?
    She was human yes. And I don't remember where she got her powers, I don't think it was even told.

But the fact that she was human as been forgotten when they changed her origin with the mirror who just made a copy for Diana so she can have a friend.
    Last edited by Dethi; 04-15-2018 at 05:23 AM.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

So what's her original origin? I know she started as an accidental character because Wonder Girl was supposed to be young Diana, but what was the first official origin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Her original origin was that she was in a burning building when she was really little and that Diana saved her and took her at Themyscira where she has been raised by Hypolita and the Amazons if I'm not wrong.
    You are NOT wrong... – From Teen Titans #22; DC Comics, 1969. some scenes later recreated by George Perez in New Teen Titans #38, in the 80s for "Who is Donna Troy
    Script by Marv Wolfman; art by Gil Kane and Nick Cardy.

SOURCE: https://marswillsendnomore.wordpress...ag/donna-troy/
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-15-2018 at 09:22 AM.

I had totally forgotten the purple ray for her to gain the same power that Wonder Woman lmao
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay, I can see why they get rid of the purple ray. Not only the sci-fi aesthetic and function clash horribly with ancient Greece, it's a magic machine that makes you wonder why can't they just give those powers to all Amazons and have all them dogpile Ares. No wait, Ares is God of War. Nevermind. They can still use it whenever there's an Amazons Attacked though, so I still don't like it.

Next origin. Tell me more about the mirror. It also sounds too convenient, but at least it can be broken or forbidden to use twice if it's a god's artifact.

Okay, I can see why they get rid of the purple ray. Not only the sci-fi aesthetic and function clash horribly with ancient Greece, it's a magic machine that makes you wonder why can't they just give those powers to all Amazons and have all them dogpile Ares. No wait, Ares is God of War. Nevermind. They can still use it whenever there's an Amazons Attacked though, so I still don't like it.

Next origin. Tell me more about the mirror. It also sounds too convenient, but at least it can be broken or forbidden to use twice if it's a god's artifact.
    Well I think I'm wrong about the mirror, it's the third origin, the second one is the Titans of myth, from the New Titans run.

In all those issues:

- New Titans #50
    - New Titans #51
    - New Titans #52
    - New Titans #53
    - New Titans #54

Which is more complicated to explain so I'll use the resume dc wikia did.

Donna remembered being rescued from a fire by the goddess Rhea who, being one of the mythological Titans, brought her to New Cronus and raised her as one of twelve Titan Seeds, orphans from various planets who would have died if Rhea had not saved them. Each one was given the name of a place that worshiped the Titans, and Donna was given the last name of Troy in homage to the ancient city. She was returned to Earth at age thirteen, where her memories of New Cronus were erased until such a time that she would return and take her place among the Seeds as gods.
    Last edited by Dethi; 04-15-2018 at 02:48 PM.
    Favorite characters:

Pull List:

I always liked the blonde Hippolyta. She seemed kind, loving and nurturing.

I wonder what are your favorite Donna Troy stories?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder what are your favorite Donna Troy stories?
    With Donna as the main protagonist ? I'm maybe missing others stories but I always loved The Return of Donna Troy. That's probably the first Donna storyline I buyed.

To bad it came from Graduation Day who was bad as hell.

And I'll again talk about the whole Grayson's run of Titans wich is my favorite Titans run where of course Donna is in, and overall it's my fav era where Donna is in (and I include Return of Donna in it this it's part of the following of that run (and ignore again Graduation Day lmao))
    Last edited by Dethi; 04-15-2018 at 05:55 PM.
    Favorite characters:

Pull List:

Spectacular Member

Donna's second origin played out rather dubiously. For several years after, she was went by Troia and then became pregnant. This led to the Lord Chaos/Team Titans storyline. The general plot was that Donna's pregnancy would result in a son named Robert. He was born a god, inherited his full abilities as a baby, killed his mother and dominated the future, calling himself Lord Chaos. A group of resistance fighters from this future--the Team Titans--traveled back in time to kill Donna before she could give birth to Robert.

Donna dies, comes back to life because she's a 50 foot goddess, is very annoyed with everyone and slaps them all around. The Titans of Myth pop up and give Donna a choice. She gives up all her godly/super abilities so she can raise Robert as a normal child. She stays on as den mother for the Team Titans who are now stranded in the present.

This was status quo for a while, until Donna took up the chance to be a Darkstar. She and Terry divorce. She dated Kyle Raynor for a while.

It was John Byrne who orchestrated Donna's third origin. It was an attempt to bring her back to a stronger connection with Wonder Woman. In order to do so, Byrne killed Terry and Robert in a car crash. And then erased Donna from the world via Dark Angel. The only people who remember Donna are Wally West, Hippolyta and Diana as Goddess of Truth.

Donna's third origin is as follows:

Diana is a lonely child among all the ageless adult Amazons. One day, lonely little Diana is surprised by her friend, the ancient witch Amazon named Magala, with a magic mirror. This magic mirror used Diana's reflection to create a temporary simulacrum. Off they went to play together, until Diana got bored and went to do other things. There was no explanation for how, why or what exactly was the magic mirror. Magala just had one and she used it to amuse Diana. The reflection was supposed to have faded after a time, so neither Magala nor Diana thought much of what happened to it.

Dark Angel--by then a sworn enemy of Hippolyta when she was the Golden Age Wonder Woman--managed to get access onto Paradise Island. Her plan was to drive Hippolyta crazy by kidnapping Diana and forcing young Diana to experience horrible lifetimes over and over again. Unknowingly, she kidnapped Diana's reflection simulacrum instead.

The reflection was forced to live countless horrible lifetimes, one of which as Donna Troy. However, due to the magical nature of her initial existence added to all the mythological Titans' mumbo jumbo, as well as Diana's Goddess of Truth interference, Donna was able to fight off Dark Angel's machinations and remain as herself. By the end of John Byrne's run, Donna was seen happily and confidently flying away as herself.

And then Devin Grayson's Titans happened...
    Last edited by JackBNimble; 04-15-2018 at 07:51 PM.

And then her modern origin is one of Diana's old ones - being created as a clay construct.

The first one is simplest. She was adopted and became Diana's adoptive younger sister. The only problem is, yeah, that Purple Ray thing hasn't aged well at all. They should've stuck with that origin but changed the purple ray into some sort of magic spell to grant Donna her powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Re: Donna's powers. If you keep the idea of Diana's powers being something the Amazons learn as opposed to being born with, that could explain Donna's powers. I once proposed combining this with the YA Wonder Woman novel, Warbringer, having the Amazons be women who were killed but revived by their own gods on Themysicra. In my canon, Donna is Filipino and has Tala, the Tagalog Goddess of the Morning and Evening Star, as her patron. Donna's training in addition to the standard enhanced physical abilities also earns her Tala's favor and she is granted a large throwing star as a gift and she uses a staff as opposed to Diana's lasso.

2nd go round of Donna's origin by George Perez in "Who is Donna Troy?"

Titans of Myth version of Donna's origin from "Who is Wonder Girl"
    https://imgur.com/gallery/t1zbS

I'm good with the first origin. It's the simplest and not as dreadful as the Rebirth Donna.

If I were editor or writer, I'd reboot Donna somehow to once again be a kid saved by Diana and raised on Themyscira as her younger sister. While Donna learns to be an adept warrior by the Amazons, she is only human compared to the standard Amazon physiology. One day, a villain gains access to Themyscira and attacks the Amazons. Donna, showing her qualities of bravery and nobility and unselfishness, puts herself in harms way defend Diana and the Amazons from the villain. The villain fires a volley of magical energies at Diana and Donna gets caught in the crossfire of that energy, the Purple Ray being used, and Diana. The combination of all these energies somehow changes Donna and grants her a power set and physical constitution not unlike her adopted sister. Donna saves the Amazons and vanquishes the villain and the Amazon scientists and sorceresses are unable to figure out the precise combination of magical energies and effects of the Purple Ray to ever recreate the same result.

(I'm an proponent of technologically adept Amazons, so I'm good with reintroducing scientific advancements, like the Purple Ray and invisible jet or mental radio, alongside more magical artifacts, like the magic sphere or Gauntlet of Atlas.)

BOOM. Diana and Donna have a familial connection, again. Donna has a connection with Hippolyta and the Amazons, again. Donna gets her powers showing that she's truly a hero, whether super-powered or not, again. The curse of a thousand "Who is Wonder Girl?" origins ends, finally.

(I know some love the Titans of Myth, and I'd keep them, but probably use them more as villains and opposition to Diana, Donna, the Amazons, and the Olympians, instead of as the source of Donna's powers.)
    Last edited by WonderScott; 04-16-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'm good with the first origin. It's the simplest and not as dreadful as the Rebirth Donna.

If I were editor or writer, I'd reboot Donna somehow to once again be a kid saved by Diana and raised on Themyscira as her younger sister. While Donna learns to be an adept warrior by the Amazons, she is only human compared to the standard Amazon physiology. One day, a villain gains access to Themyscira and attacks the Amazons. Donna, showing her qualities of bravery and nobility and unselfishness, puts herself in harms way defend Diana and the Amazons from the villain. The villain fires a volley of magical energies at Diana and Donna gets caught in the crossfire of that energy, the Purple Ray being used, and Diana. The combination of all these energies somehow changes Donna and grants her a power set and physical constitution not unlike her adopted sister. Donna saves the Amazons and vanquishes the villain and the Amazon scientists and sorceresses are unable to figure out the precise combination of magical energies and effects of the Purple Ray to ever recreate the same result.

(I'm an proponent of technologically adept Amazons, so I'm good with reintroducing scientific advancements, like the Purple Ray and invisible jet or mental radio, alongside more magical artifacts, like the magic sphere or Gauntlet of Atlas.)

BOOM. Diana and Donna have a familial connection, again. Donna has a connection with Hippolyta and the Amazons, again. Donna gets her powers showing that she's truly a hero, whether super-powered or not, again. The curse of a thousand "Who is Wonder Girl?" origins ends, finally.

(I know some love the Titans of Myth, and I'd keep them, but probably use them more as villains and opposition to Diana, Donna, the Amazons, and the Olympians, instead of as the source of Donna's powers.)
    Yes, I love all of this!

Only add-in: the Blonde Hippolyta. She so nice.