Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't have an exact source. However, I've heard that the stipulation is that the Wonder Woman characters can't appear as a guest star. She could appear on Justice League because it was an ensemble. There are legal snafu's surrounding various characters, Timm cited that as the reason why he couldn't get Blue Beetle on JLU.

Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark) did appear in Young Justice and Wonder Woman guest starred a few times in Batman: The Brave and the Bold so it looks like that stipulation is no longer there.

There was a problem with the Wonder Woman embargo. Donna could only appear in the Teen Titan Go! comic series (and they were able to sneak in select cameos of her in at least ONE episode). The embargo ended or was at least lessened around the time of season 2 of YJ (where they snuck Donna in as a member of the team during the 5 year time skip if you look closely enough) and it also allowed her to have a prominent role in that SBFF shorts.

At least thats what I can recall offhand.
    Pulling: Spider-Gwen, All New Captain America, Ms Marvel, Secret Six, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Grayson, Batman, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, A-Force, Cyborg, Starfire

Quote Originally Posted by Just Is View Post
    There was a problem with the Wonder Woman embargo. Donna could only appear in the Teen Titan Go! comic series (and they were able to sneak in select cameos of her in at least ONE episode). The embargo ended or was at least lessened around the time of season 2 of YJ (where they snuck Donna in as a member of the team during the 5 year time skip if you look closely enough) and it also allowed her to have a prominent role in that SBFF shorts.

At least thats what I can recall offhand.
    It was loosened long before YJ when Wonder Woman was allowed to guest star on Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKXBxK82LE

And thanks for reminding me of 'Super Best Friends Forever' version of Donna. That was truly the best interpretation of the character on tv so far:

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Wonder Girl aka Donna Troy

Last edited by Herowatcher; 05-31-2014 at 12:45 AM.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Spectacular Member

I can totally see them giving her the Ms. Marvel treatment.

I like Donna's origin as close to Wolfman's original story as much as possible.
    Looking back, Diana would've been too young to save Donna from the burning building. The
    simplest solution then would be to have had Aphrodite rescue baby Donna and
    turn her over to be raised by Hippolyta and the Amazons.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Spectacular Member

Anyone else have a bad feeling that we've already "seen" Donna in Forever Evil #7 as the Anti-Monitor's Harbinger?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    I can totally see them giving her the Ms. Marvel treatment.
    And if ppl don't think this is gonna happen then their nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    Anyone else have a bad feeling that we've already "seen" Donna in Forever Evil #7 as the Anti-Monitor's Harbinger?
    Huh? Pic plz

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Last edited by Enigmatic Undead; 06-02-2014 at 05:39 AM.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Love this

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    I like Donna's origin as close to Wolfman's original story as much as possible.
    Looking back, Diana would've been too young to save Donna from the burning building. The
    simplest solution then would be to have had Aphrodite rescue baby Donna and
    turn her over to be raised by Hippolyta and the Amazons.
    Which begs the question of why a Greek Goddess would save a young child from burning. Why her specifically when they are not known intervene too much in modern day human affairs? After all, it's not like Donna is the only young child to have been caught in a burning building.

I like the idea of her being ship wrecked and washing ashore on Paradise Island and has since grown up there.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Which begs the question of why a Greek Goddess would save a young child from burning. Why her specifically when they are not known intervene too much in modern day human affairs? After all, it's not like Donna is the only young child to have been caught in a burning building.

I like the idea of her being ship wrecked and washing ashore on Paradise Island and has since grown up there.

They may not intervene too much, but this is one of those times they did. Perhaps something special about Donna they sensed right away.
    The washing ashore doesn't sound bad, but the chances of a baby not drowning or starving before she reaches land....lucky kid.

Ultimate Member

Whatever her origin is this time, DC should just pick an origin and stick with it. She's had so many different origins over the years that I don't even think that I remember them all. Donna returning in SM/WW would be cool. Soule is seemingly incapable of writing a bad comic right now.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

My fellow lovers of Donna Troy ... we may have reasons to celebrate!
    http://www.newsarama.com/22016-actio...f-someone.html
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Since Wally and Steph are around now I guess Newsarama has to use Donna as their next clickbait target.