Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Why? Not all the titans were evil. How about this Rhea holds the souls of her children that were eating. They are reborn as amazons. Even Donna. This is due to Dian’s wanting a sister.
    I did say maybe some are tired of the war. However, the last few times, they were the antogonist.
    Richard Alexander

True. I wonder , who should be more on the antagonists? I mean I feel Cronus would be one. Rhea should be more on the supporting cast in Diana’s cast. I do think she should be in Donna’s origin. That Rhea’s got one of child’s soul and due to not appearing to challenge Zeus , gives it to Hippoltya in her womb. Zeus finds and Cassie is born. Maybe Cassie and Donna should be the same age or around the same age.

Oceanus was the only “good” male Titan. He was awarded the throne of the world by his father Uranus, and was deposed by his brother Cronus. Following the Titanomachia, Oceanus was permitted to keep his role as world-warden while his Titan brothers were positioned around the planet to hold up the sky.

Coeus stood in the north, Hyperion stood in the east, Iapetus west and Crius south.
    Atlas, Iapetus son, stood in the center.

I hope they will not keep rebooting Donna
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-23-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Are there any moments that Donna should keep in rebirth? I do want her to keep the Troia name

Are there any moments that Donna should keep in rebirth? I do want her to keep the Troia name
    Emphatic NO. Clay origin: no. Made from magic so she's not even a "real" person: no. Memory implant: no. No real connection to Diana: no.

She should be Diana's adopted younger sister raised on Themyscria. I thought Rebirth would have been the perfect opportunity to "fix" and simplify Donna's origin and instead, I feel like another complicated layer has been added.

Diana is made from magic is most of her 75 years, and she is a real person. The Amazons were made from divine magic.If you want another origin, many want her to be reconnected to the Titans again. Why not like many of the Amazons make her rebirth of a titan.
    t

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Oceanus was the only “good” male Titan. He was awarded the throne of the world by his father Uranus, and was deposed by his brother Cronus. Following the Titanomachia, Oceanus was permitted to keep his role as world-warden while his Titan brothers were positioned around the planet to hold up the sky.

Coeus stood in the north, Hyperion stood in the east, Iapetus west and Crius south.
    Atlas, Iapetus son, stood in the center.
    That sound like the kind of guy who would found a team of Super Heroes.

If you HAD to have Donna's origin be separate from Diana and the Amazons the "empowered and trained from youth to be a hero by Oceanus mentored by Wonder Woman" is one way to go.

I was fine with the "adopted and empowered by the Amazons" angle but the Amazons deal changes every 2 years.

So that's no help.

Diana is made from magic is most of her 75 years, and she is a real person. The Amazons were made from divine magic.If you want another origin, many want her to be reconnected to the Titans again. Why not like many of the Amazons make her rebirth of a titan.
    t
    OK. You got me there! :P I also like the Titan's tie in for Donna. As for the Amazon's changing every 2 years - I agree. Feel like many writers don't know what to do with them other than to make them fodder for war or background figures without personalities. There's some really great characterizations there that can be a fantastic and interesting supporting cast for Diana.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

No thanks. If DC wants to establish that she used to use that name, cool. Use it again? Nope.

I wish she'd kept "Wonder Girl." Karen Starr never stopped being Power Girl. (If she comes back she'll be Power Woman, I suppose.)

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    No thanks. If DC wants to establish that she used to use that name, cool. Use it again? Nope.

I wish she'd kept "Wonder Girl." Karen Starr never stopped being Power Girl. (If she comes back she'll be Power Woman, I suppose.)
    Nah. Wonder Girl is a sidekicks name, she couldn’t kept being WG if the rest of her friends graduated into their “own” mantles.

What about Cassie? There can't be two Wonder Girls. She needs her own mantle after Wonder Girl. All Robins have their own mantles

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    OK. You got me there! :P I also like the Titan's tie-in for Donna. As for the Amazon's changing every 2 years - I agree. Feel like many writers don't know what to do with them other than to make them fodder for war or background figures without personalities. There are some really great characterizations there that can be a fantastic and interesting supporting cast for Diana.
    Agreed. The Amazons should be more than just warriors. In Marston's in many others, the Amazons were writers, scientist, artist, inventors but now simply warriors. Maybe Donna could be Rhea making donna from one of the souls of her dead children and sending her to the Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    All four of her male counterparts in the Original Five got to give up their "sidekick" names, take on new names in honor of their more adult roles, and have younger followers take on the earlier names. I think Donna should too. And I think that, like them, she should get a name that in some way reflects her abilities, her goals, or at least her appearance. Which is to say, not Troia.

(There are a lot of things that her male counterparts got that she never did. Someday maybe I'll try to analyze why.)

Can't say that I'm thrilled that Power Girl is still happy using that name, but at least she's not surrounded by by guy friends who present a contrast by taking on "grown-up names."

(I also can't say I was ever thrilled with Roy Harper's choice of Arsenal, one of those Punisher-sounding tough guy names I just dislike. The fact that all his enemies - and some of his friends - don't call him "Arse" puzzles me no end.)
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Given she doesn't even have a secret identity does Donna need a code name?