Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Given she doesn't even have a secret identity does Donna need a code name?
    Even heroes with public identities use codenames (just look at Marvel).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was Ralph Dibney/Elongated Man's whole gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Given she doesn't even have a secret identity does Donna need a code name?
    Garth never had a secret identity, and he went from Aqualad to Tempest.

Wally went from Kid Flash to Flash, and kept that name even after his identity was public (which it was for a while).

Does she "need" a code name? That I can't quantify. I think she deserves one, and I would like to see her have one. And I think if she had one and kept one, it might help stabilize the character from a narrative point of view - although TPTB at DC seem to think that having a destabilized continuity is her defining trait....

But that's just me.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Garth never had a secret identity, and he went from Aqualad to Tempest.

Wally went from Kid Flash to Flash, and kept that name even after his identity was public (which it was for a while).

Does she "need" a code name? That I can't quantify. I think she deserves one, and I would like to see her have one. And I think if she had one and kept one, it might help stabilize the character from a narrative point of view - although TPTB at DC seem to think that having a destabilized continuity is her defining trait....

But that's just me.
    codename: Screwed-up-continuity-girl, a-thousand-background-lass, multiple-origin-woman, and the list goes on...

A solution is to have her codename be Donna Troy, and introduce new frenemy characters called Donna Babylon and Donna Camelot. “Donna” becomes an honorific instead of a first name, and Donna [Ancient City] becomes a naming convention for a collection of Magical Girls that inhabit Wonder Woman’s corner of DCU. Maybe Cassandra Sandsmark graduates to become Donna Roanoke or Donna Dorado or something.

WW’s corner of the DCU needs to have more fun. I’m halfway thru a rockabilly redesign of the red jumpsuit costume in my head.

Now find her a secret identity that doesn’t sound exactly like Diana.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 10-26-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    codename: Screwed-up-continuity-girl, a-thousand-background-lass, multiple-origin-woman, and the list goes on...
    Martyr Girl, during the Byrne era.

I think that Dark Star is the best code name for her, because it at least connects with some aspect of her (now out of continuity) history, and sort of fits the outfit she's wearing these days. I know that Marvel has a little-used Darkstar, but that doesn't bother me very much. They both have a Nigthshade, they both have an Enchantress, they both have a Captain Marvel.

After that, Dark Angel. The character was connected to Donna (was in fact an alternate-dimension version of her, at one point at least), is not in the current continuity, and we can "redeem the name for good!"

I have origins for Donna for which Dark Opal would work, as well as Star Opal or Opal Star, but as names they're not at the top of my list.

Nobody's mentioned Harbinger, which was another alternate version of her, and, IIRC, a name Donna used for a hot minute.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Donna and Diana had a sweet moment on Bombshells

81AF913E-864E-49C7-919E-B534549A3304.jpg

BANNED

Sometimes they are the same thing... like Hercules and Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Donna and Diana had a sweet moment on Bombshells

81AF913E-864E-49C7-919E-B534549A3304.jpg
    Now if only we could get stuff like this in the main continuity .

Incredible Member

Now if only we could get stuff like this in the main continuity .
    Or, just have Donna and Diana actually acknowledge each other's existence! Maybe even share a panel in which they speak to one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Or, just have Donna and Diana actually acknowledge each other's existence! Maybe even share a panel in which they speak to one another!
    Oh, oh, don't worry, we got that! In the Titans annual. As I remember, Diana and her friends told Donna that she wasn't human - really wasn't even alive - and had been created to be a weapon. Diana treated Donna with fear and revulsion; Donna was overcome with existential panic.

Is that not what you were hoping for? Me neither. We may have to wait awhile.
    Doctor Bifrost

Oh, oh, don't worry, we got that! In the Titans annual. As I remember, Diana and her friends told Donna that she wasn't human - really wasn't even alive - and had been created to be a weapon. Diana treated Donna with fear and revulsion; Donna was overcome with existential panic.

Is that not what you were hoping for? Me neither. We may have to wait awhile.
    This is the cover for Titans #19 due on January

titans19.jpg
    "Who is Troia?" The Titans attempt to regain their balance after their epic clash with Troia -- Donna's villainous future self -- and look toward a brighter tomorrow. But the Justice League wants answers about Donna Troy's true nature, and they'll get them -- even if it means shutting down the Titans for good!

"Donna's villainous future self" is just about the last thing I want to see for the character right now.

We of course had "Donna's murderous present-day self" in the Finch run, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
    Doctor Bifrost

Donna's code name could simply be Wonder Girl in Spanish: Chica Maravilla. I just love the sound of it. Or simply Maravilla (Wonder).

BANNED

"Donna's villainous future self" is just about the last thing I want to see for the character right now.

We of course had "Donna's murderous present-day self" in the Finch run, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
    Yeah, I dont get either why DC thinks brining back some of the worst aspects of Donna is in any way helpful.