Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    In the original origin Diana saved Donna from a burning building and took her to paradise island. I wish we had the Marston version where if an amazons wanted she could have children. I mean why not have Mala has the second only child or one of the few child but all well. Has long has the amazons and Diana are written well I don’t mind.
    And how exactly did the Amazons conceive children in Marston set up? But the original Donna Troy origin was yet another one that relied too much on telling not showing a long standing problem in the Wonder Woman corner of the DC Universe.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    And how exactly did the Amazons conceive children in Marston set up? But the original Donna Troy origin was yet another one that relied too much on telling not showing a long standing problem in the Wonder Woman corner of the DC Universe.
    I'd memory serves, the Amazons were able to use Aphrodite'specially magic clay and the mystic techniques she taught them....

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I'd memory serves, the Amazons were able to use Aphrodite'specially magic clay and the mystic techniques she taught them....
    If that's how they did it I wonder why they did not make Diana and Donna sisters sculpted by Hippolyta.

Im guessing because they did that in new 52 and because up until now Diana was always sculpted from clay. Marston’s version all the amazons were sculpted from clay. Many think because of that Diana’s origin is unless special. I guess you have have what legends did or Earth one did. Have the amazons use their science to have children

Im guessing because they did that in new 52 and because up until now Diana was always sculpted from clay. Marston’s version all the amazons were sculpted from clay. Many think because of that Diana’s origin is unless special. I guess you have have what legends did or Earth one did. Have the amazons use their science to have children
    So originally all Amazons were sculpted from clay but then they decided to shake things up and make Diana the only Amazon who was sculpted from clay while the rest were women who died from abuse from men and were reborn as Amazons. That means the New 52 demigoddess origin was not the first time someone tried to shake up Diana's and the Amazons origin. I mean the New Teen Titans were from Pre-Crisis right? And when they rebooted they had the opportunity of a life time to solidify Donna and Diana's relationship by just introducing them together. But as usual DC was being very short sighted about this and Donna's origin became riddled with confusions.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-05-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I don't remember that at all. Does anybody have a reference for it?
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

The newspaper comic you will see Hippoltya asking Aphrodite to have children. Not only that but Diana is shown on the island with Amazonian children in Marston’s

22D48582-7DD8-4746-A999-61B1871198CC.jpg

She gives clay from Olympus that’s blessed by her for the creation of the amazons children.

The main reason why it’s been shaken up is because it shows her special Diana is. But Marston shown her being special why still showing us she could have lost the contest to. I want to see Diana earn her powers
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-05-2018 at 01:15 PM.

I wonder if Donna were to sculpt on the island when it comes time for her to leave should it be by contest? I wonder how big should the age gap be between her and Donna?

I wonder if Donna were to sculpt on the island when it comes time for her to leave should it be by contest? I wonder how big should the age gap be between her and Donna?
    It depends on when Hippolyta chose to sculpt them both because she could choose to sculpt them at the same time and make Diana and Donna twins. Admittedly I kind of prefer the idea that Donna was from man's World but then she got taken in by the Amazons it helps make her more distinct.

True. I don’t mind if she was sculpted on the island or man’s world. I do think maybe Nubia could be Diana’s twin and Donna would just be their younger sister but Nubia is multiverse Wonder Woman

True. I don’t mind if she was sculpted on the island or man’s world. I do think maybe Nubia could be Diana’s twin and Donna would just be their younger sister but Nubia is multiverse Wonder Woman
    Nubia would be interesting though I question how could she have a role in the mythos. Donna as a little sister I don't mind she needs a strong connection and man this going to be rough because i'm trying to make my own DC and Marvel Universes and I'm going to need to try to string together the best material I can find.

Well Nubia could be a amazons that appearances semi-regular. That when she first appear it could be due to something escaped for the island and her job is to find it

Well Nubia could be a amazons that appearances semi-regular. That when she first appear it could be due to something escaped for the island and her job is to find it
    That would be great and it can help Diana find Themyscira quickly.

Yes, this is what I think also.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    That would be great and it can help Diana find Themyscira quickly.
    It also helps balance Nubia’s position. She is Diana’s twin but she also has different position in the Wonder Woman mythos. I do think if you want Phillppus to be Nubia and Diana’s mother. Nubia takes more of Phillppus side. Phillppus is chancellor and head of be military. Nubia is one of the groups specifically in guarding the Doom Guard. Like a special side to the amazons. That have more advance training to deal with the tougher monsters. Maybe other than the doom gates there are regular monsters that can be a danger