Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Something else I'd like to see happen with Donna, is to build out more villains specific to her. Give them some Rebirth action or post-Doomsday Clock affection.

In the past, I think it was Pre-Crisis, Donna had a "done in one" (or maybe two) issue(s) of Titans a villainess named Perfection that she went up against. She's need powers and an update, but that's what creativity is for.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/perfection/4005-68148/

I'm also interested in seeing Dark Angel again, if they simplify her origin and motives (alongside, hopefully, an updated simpler origin for Donna.)

Lastly, dig into a character like Mammoth from the Fearsome Five and give him a reason to oppose Donna specifically. (All of the Fearsome Five could use some characterization help.) He'd be a good match powers-wise to throw down with Donna.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Baran_Flinders_(Prime_Earth)

Donna Troy needs some personal foes that aren't Titans of Myth or Titan's Seeds. (And I'm an advocate of getting rid of the Titans origin for her entirely. Go back to the orphan saved by Diana and raised as a foster sister on Themyscira. [See how easy of an origin that is to explain.])
    Yeah but then came the need to explain how Donna got her powers and I think that's where it all gets messed up. I tell if Donna and Diana left the island together it would make things less difficult.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Yeah but then came the need to explain how Donna got her powers and I think that's where it all gets messed up. I tell if Donna and Diana left the island together it would make things less difficult.
    Donna trained as a regular human with the Amazons for years and became an adept warrior on her own, but, one time, while bravely protecting her sister Diana and Amazon sisters from a Wonder foe who had invaded Themyscira, she and Diana were caught in the crossfire of a beam from the Purple Ray and a magical blast from a villain which somehow resulted in Donna being granted superpowers and a constitution not unlike Diana's.

BOOM. Origin solved.

Donna trained as a regular human with the Amazons for years and became an adept warrior on her own, but, one time, while bravely protecting her sister Diana and Amazon sisters from a Wonder foe who had invaded Themyscira, she and Diana were caught in the crossfire of a beam from the Purple Ray and a magical blast from a villain which somehow resulted in Donna being granted superpowers and a constitution not unlike Diana's.

BOOM. Origin solved.
    Me really likee!

BOOM. Origin solved.
    Nice idea but what if it was done in a setting where the Amazons didn't have super science?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Me really likee!
    I knew I could count on you Phoenixx9.

Nice idea but what if it was done in a setting where the Amazons didn't have super science?
    “My” Amazons have superscience, so I’m leaving it at that.

No Titans of Myth and forgotten years on a planetoid. No magical twin-ing. No cursed by a demon to live thousands of unhappy lifetimes simultaneously that somehow created a new soul from all that tragedy. No clay golem that was simmered and birthed in a magical Amazonian Instapot.

Keeping it simple and getting Donna back to basics and all her lovely, original Donna-ness.

“My” Amazons have superscience, so I’m leaving it at that.

No Titans of Myth and forgotten years on a planetoid. No magical twin-ing. No cursed by a demon to live thousands of unhappy lifetimes simultaneously that somehow created a new soul from all that tragedy. No clay golem that was simmered and birthed in a magical Amazonian Instapot.

Keeping it simple and getting Donna back to basics and all her lovely, original Donna-ness.
    I think your idea could be refitted to suit the George Perez set up that DC keeps going for. Just change the Purple Ray into the purple healing crystal and boom the same effect can be achieved.

I think your idea could be refitted to suit the George Perez set up that DC keeps going for. Just change the Purple Ray into the purple healing crystal and boom the same effect can be achieved.
    Ugh. Personally, the purple crystal thing annoyed me. I like my Amazons with scientific and technological achievements (as well as battle ready and some mystical abilities.) The crystal could work as a part of the science of course.

But, you're right. It could work mystically all by its lonesome.

Ugh. Personally, the purple crystal thing annoyed me. I like my Amazons with scientific and technological achievements (as well as battle ready and some mystical abilities.) The crystal could work as a part of the science of course.

But, you're right. It could work mystically all by its lonesome.
    Thank you and I often wonder why the Amazons loss all their super science qualities when they rebooted though.

Donna confirmed as part of the new revamp of the Titans lineup after NO JUSTICE event. Hoping incoming artist can bring some new glory to Donna's visuals.
    https://www.newsarama.com/39502-nigh...e=notification

That is good news that Donna is part of the lineup!

Donna is pictured with a sword and shield. Diana seems to. E drawn using these as her main weapons as well these days. I wish they would draw a connection between the 2 of them currently.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So what's her original origin? I know she started as an accidental character because Wonder Girl was supposed to be young Diana, but what was the first official origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So what's her original origin? I know she started as an accidental character because Wonder Girl was supposed to be young Diana, but what was the first official origin?
    Her original origin was that she was in a burning building when she was really little and that Diana saved her and took her at Themyscira where she has been raised by Hypolita and the Amazons if I'm not wrong.
    Last edited by Dethi; 04-15-2018 at 04:49 AM.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

I'm actually happy that Donna is in the new line up even if with the pitch we got from the book it's making no sense to me when I look at what is happening in the book actually. But since she will not appear in Wonder Woman at least she don't go in limbo.
    And I really hope, that even if Roy Harper isn't the book anymore this will not break the connection they have with each other. It has been the only red string for him of the entire book and the second for her (but was the only good one in my opinion except the whole love triangle that I forgot about) and the reason I still buy this book today. So I really hope, that only positive development for those two will not go away because Roy isn't in the book anymore and that they'll still appear together in the book. (yes the shipper is talking here..)

I'll probably buy the book for her. I just hope Abnett will not make her worse.
    Last edited by Dethi; 04-15-2018 at 05:11 AM.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Her original origin was that she was in a burning building when she was really little and that Diana saved her and took her at Themyscira where she has been raised by Hypolita and the Amazons if I'm not wrong.
    So she's human? Where did her powers come from?