Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'm good with the first origin. It's the simplest and not as dreadful as the Rebirth Donna.
    I agree with this and pretty much everything else that you said!

The Mirror Twin Avatar (sent to live infinite ill-fated lifetimes)Origin by John Byrne from Wonder Woman #135 (1998)...
    http://www.oocities.org/area51/nebula/3515/history.htm

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-17-2018 at 07:02 AM.

If you had to pick what animated story would you want to see either Donna being the main focus or being a supporting cast? I wonder to you guys could Donna be born on the island ? Even if it’s not clay? Like maybe Rhea give the child to Hippoltya. But I like the simple origin

I feel like the fan consensus is that Donna needs a simplified origin but, for whatever reason, the writers or editors at DC keep adding confusing layers. The latest origin tweak by Abnet has Donna created of clay as a weapon to be used against Diana. This makes no sense given that Diana couldn't return to the island and therefore, couldn't have been around when Donna's false memories of being adopted by Queen Hippolyta were implanted. On the bright side: I do applaud the writers for re-introducing Donna to the WW mythos and attempting to give her a strong connection to both the Amazons and Diana herself. I feel like this embodies the spirit of the character, even if the details of her origin are still very, very confusing. I do love the fact that Donna is in the new Titans team post-No Justice.

I have to admit, I did like the Magala mirror-image come to life, when I first read it, because it gave Donna greater powers equal to or nearly equal to Diana. Prior to that, Donna was nowhere near Diana's levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have to admit, I did like the Magala mirror-image come to life, when I first read it, because it gave Donna greater powers equal to or nearly equal to Diana. Prior to that, Donna was nowhere near Diana's levels.
    I think about the only time she was close to Diana's level was when she was a Darkstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The Mirror Twin Avatar (sent to live infinite ill-fated lifetimes)Origin by John Byrne from Wonder Woman #135 (1998)...
    http://www.oocities.org/area51/nebula/3515/history.htm

I like this origin the most! Donna looks identical to Diana. Doesn’t make sense for her to be an adopted sibling.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

While I dont hate this one, it's not my preferred origin for Donna as it still leaves her as a construct and not a fully whole person if you will. However it does give decent sound reason for Donna having powers and abilities similar to Diana's. I wouldn't be against it returning if it meant dumping the clay origin and moving on from there.

I wonder what if the whole mirror origin started when Diana was a baby that way both Donna and Diana are twins at birth? If it bad for Donna to have the clay origin?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I like this origin the most! Donna looks identical to Diana. Doesn’t make sense for her to be an adopted sibling.
    There are so many holes in this story... all of the Amazons are reborn into beauty, but there's this one that somehow didn't make the cut?!? It was a sort of charming nod to the Silver Age, but only caused much more chaos for the character in the long run...

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    There are so many holes in this story... all of the Amazons are reborn into beauty, but there's this one that somehow didn't make the cut?!? It was a sort of charming nod to the Silver Age, but only caused much more chaos for the character in the long run...
    I’ve re-read the issue today. I just liked how they put all her past lives into one life. I would accept the adopted one if Donna didn’t resemble Diana and Hippolyta

I mean I don’t hate the idea of Diana being Donna back to the island but if Diana isn’t coming back to paradise island wouldn’t it back sense for Hippoltya to have Donna on the island has a wash to shore baby or if. You want give Donna the clay origin ? I mean she wasn’t the only one in Wonder Woman history. Wonder Woman and the rest of the amazons were made out of clay before Perez made them reborn women. Even the amazons children were from clay. Unless the amazons has a good amount of souls for those who wanted children or some of the gods were creating souls for the amazons to have children

I don’t think the clay origin is a bad idea. It confuses me when people say they don’t like it when they like it for Diana.

The New52 Clay Origin of Donna Troy... (Wonder Woman #37 "War Torn" 2014 by the Finches) part 1
    https://www.cbr.com/wonder-womans-me...-introduction/

http://viewcomic.com/wonder-woman-37-2014/

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-18-2018 at 11:37 AM.

The New52 Clay Origin of Donna Troy... (Wonder Woman #37 - 38 "War Torn" 2014 by the Finches) part 2

http://viewcomic.com/wonder-woman-37-2014/

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-18-2018 at 11:38 AM.