The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Jean Paul Valley and Jason Todd - should they meet soon?

Jason Todd was dead during the entire time that Jean Paul Valley was a regular part of the BATMAN mythos, and by the time Jason returned, Jean Paul had checked out. Thus, the two never crossed paths.

Now, for the first time, both of them are alive and active at the same time. Considering Batman considered both of of them to be "failures" and "mistakes" at some point, I think Jason and Jean Paul are overdue to meet. What do all of you think?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

They already did, in RHatO #15.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    They already did, in RHatO #15.
    Hmm. I see. That wasn't much of a meeting, however. They exchanged a punch and a kick, and nary a word between them. I'm thinking more in line of actually meeting up, and maybe even comparing notes on the experience of being recruited, and then rejected by Batman.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

Yep, they did meet in RH. I've been saying for years that a JT/JVP team-up would be cool, but the thing is, it would have worked A LOT better in the old continuity. The New52/Rebirth era has a radically different JPV. If you had Jason go against the original JPV he wouldn't be able to walk. Gotta remember the original Azrael even Bruce admitted was too much for him to take hand to hand.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

BANNED

Luckily Red Hood always had a thing called dirty fighting and gymmnics together with his hand to hand traning

Can it be Michael Lane instead?

Mighty Member

They met in the Eternal series too didn't they? I swear that happened.

Back in the day when Damien was new to the cowl and Jason being a d-bag anti-hero/villain was a fresh idea, I wanted to see Jason, Jean-Paul, and Damien set up together as the "Sidekicks Bruce failed." I thought they'd make a pretty great foil for Bruce/Dick/Tim.

But yeah, these two characters need to compare notes and have a chat. I think they'd have a lot to talk about, and I'm not entirely sure if Bruce would completely approve of whatever came out of it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Coulda swore they fought at the cathedral in Batman & Robin Eternal, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Coulda swore they fought at the cathedral in Batman & Robin Eternal, too.
    And then Jason got thrown down a hole and Tim pretended to swear allegiance to St. Dumas or something...

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    They met in the Eternal series too didn't they? I swear that happened.
    Yes, that was, kind of sort of the initial first meeting. After all of that he would go on to team-up with Dick Grayson in the desert.

That series is where things got odd and it's like they did and didn't do their homework or weren't sure what they would make canon. JPV tells Jason that they first met in the afterlife when they were dead. That would mean that *possibly* JPV had not only lived before and been Azrael, but that Knightfall and his replacing of Bruce may have also happened, as well as his latter death a few years later.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

BANNED

They will likely always keep that part ambiguous (not only for the thematic but also for timeline purposes) but I wouldn`t mind they sort of knowing each other from the afterlife. We know it exists in the DCU and we know that there were cases where "ghost" Jason was around.