Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Metal #6 Discussion

So, Metal has ended... And my mind his blown. I've liked this event from the beginning, because it's expanding the DCU in a great way, and up until the very last page, it does so. I must say that i'm basically speechless. i'll develop my thought after rereading this issue several times, but overall, if you haven't read it (or the event) I really recommend it. Just the epilogue itself is Worth it, IMHO.

And you, how do you feel about it ?

To be honest, I had a hard time following the story. But the epilogue made everything clearer, especially Aquaman’s comment about a tiny fish bowl being poured into the vast ocean. The possibilities now are endless...and exciting!

AMAZING finale to a great event, however If the Source Wall is broken.... Doesnt that mean Superboy Prime and Black Hand are free

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'll be honest, I'm a guy who actually likes to understand the continuity of even the zaniest parts of the DCU, so seeing Joker come back to take on batman who laughs without any explination was pretty annoying. Sure you could say it's because he was scared of what was coming in the forge one shot, but I just feel like we are missing so much in terms of batman and him agreeing to work together.

That nitpick aside, this was really fun. I think Snyder managed to tie it all up well enough, the possibilities are endless with the source wall now being open.

Batman BEST FRIEND(The Joker) helped our hero.

The NTH costumes surprised me...

Damian appeared touching the guitar in the last pages? Like in that nightmare?

HAL OF JUSTICE..

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Nice ending. I would have liked to know how the Dark Knights were able to find the Over Monitor?

BANNED

Where do we get precise spoilers?

Hal sure knows how to dress up for a party...

Fantastic finish. Scott just opened a world of possibilities. So pumped for his Justice league.

This was just so much fun. I loved it!
    I hope DC runs with the ideas laid forth here, rather than sitting on them like they are known to do.

Mighty Member

This was probably my favorite event since Futures End. Red Tornado is one of my favorites but I'm most certain that it'll be a while before I see him in anything again. And I'm pretty sure i saw Wildfire in the epilogue.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm a guy who actually likes to understand the continuity of even the zaniest parts of the DCU, so seeing Joker come back to take on batman who laughs without any explination was pretty annoying. Sure you could say it's because he was scared of what was coming in the forge one shot, but I just feel like we are missing so much in terms of batman and him agreeing to work together.

That nitpick aside, this was really fun. I think Snyder managed to tie it all up well enough, the possibilities are endless with the source wall now being open.
    Joker's actions in that scene didn't ring true to character for me. I'm not sure how he actually would have acted (whether he would have been too doubled over in laughter at the situation to help either one of them, or whether he'd use the opportunity to escape and go pursue his own interests) but I don't feel there's justifiable motivation for him to team up with batman.

Quote Originally Posted by micahbevans88 View Post
    Joker's actions in that scene didn't ring true to character for me. I'm not sure how he actually would have acted (whether he would have been too doubled over in laughter at the situation to help either one of them, or whether he'd use the opportunity to escape and go pursue his own interests) but I don't feel there's justifiable motivation for him to team up with batman.
    Batman is his to kill, not anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Batman BEST FRIEND(The Joker) helped our hero.

The NTH costumes surprised me...

Damian appeared touching the guitar in the last pages? Like in that nightmare?

HAL OF JUSTICE..
    Damian AND Jon. With Alfred on drums. Best image by far.

But at least we now have some back story to other things happening in the multiverse.

And, was that Manhattan's hand that broke the Source Wall, or something else?

Amazing Member

My favorite part of this issue was that they actually set aside a few pages for a celebration. It might seem like a little thing but it just makes the entire event so much sweeter ending on a high note like that, as well as leaving open exciting new story possibilities.