Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well that debunks all rumors, it seems. It's already been debunked that Blue wasn't ending. Bunn made it clear months ago that his story wasn't finished. I don't check with Guggenheim, but was hoping he was leaving after issue 30. And Pak has already shown that Weapon X isn't stopping anytime soon.

Not much of a Fresh Start with these books still going, and some of the characters being trapped & ruined in them. Blue is decent. But Gold & Weapon X need to go!
    Not to defend Gold but some people clearly like it as it's maintained steady sales. I can't imagine all the people who pick it up after all this time are just hate buying it.

I'd love it if Kelly Thompson took over the writing from Guggenheim but we'll see. If it continues to sell well and Guggenheim wants to stay, I don't see Marvel rushing him out the door.

As for Weapon X, I have to say I enjoy it. It's not deep in any way, it's just like a violent action movie every month and I'm fine with that. Call it a guilty pleasure.

As for how Fresh Start will affect the X-books, even if all the above books stay put, there's plenty of places to expand the X-line. Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, X-Force, and X-Factor are all more than due for relaunches and there's plenty of viable options for solo books as well. I imagine that over the summer and into the fall, there's going to be a lot of new X-titles launching.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    That could either lead to a very fun team to read or a very dysfunctional one....or just find someone else to lead (not Alex) leaving those four to have fun squabbles...
    It's a family reunion. Magneto with his three children and future son-in-law (Havok).

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    X-Men Blue gets a new trade announcement from Amazon post "The Hunt for Jimmy" arc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302909819...rds=X-Men+Blue

So too does X-Men Gold post wedding arc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302909770...rds=X-Men+Gold
    Urgh... I was expecting Gold and Blue to continue for a little bit. But I had hopes Guggenheim would leave, and another writer would take Gold for a few stories until Fresh Start, since his plots seem to be ending with the wedding. I guess we'll have to see the AMAZING honeymoon of Kitty and her partner.

But I hope Amazon put Guggenheim there as a mistake (my hopes never die entirely until they are kicked and spitted upon).

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    X-Men Blue gets a new trade announcement from Amazon post "The Hunt for Jimmy" arc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302909819...rds=X-Men+Blue

So too does X-Men Gold post wedding arc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302909770...rds=X-Men+Gold
    The rumor is that we'll be getting new X-books in October, which gives Gold and Blue six more issues each past current solicits, so one more trade collection each is to be expected. If they keep Bunn around I hope they stick him on an X-Force book with all the edgelord characters so I can properly ignore it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The rumor is that we'll be getting new X-books in October, which gives Gold and Blue six more issues each past current solicits, so one more trade collection each is to be expected. If they keep Bunn around I hope they stick him on an X-Force book with all the edgelord characters so I can properly ignore it.
    6? that's only 3 months they're bimonthly

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    6? that's only 3 months they're bimonthly
    We have solicits up to June, that leaves July, August, and September before a possible relaunch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    We have solicits up to June, that leaves July, August, and September before a possible relaunch.
    Why do they keep on relaunching? What happened to the good old Chris Claremont days?

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Why do they keep on relaunching? What happened to the good old Chris Claremont days?
    They are gone.

Better than keeping Guggenheim forever.

Because the books aren’t selling, and there’s no point to trying to build off of something that isn’t working.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Because the books aren’t selling, and there’s no point to trying to build off of something that isn’t working.
    Chris Claremont could be writing at his prime today and books would be selling about the same we'd still have relaunches, new #1's and so on.

It wouldn't be like the old days, even if the books were exactly the same.

The fact is that it's a far different world now than it was even ten years ago - never mind going back twenty or thirty or more. In a world where people can watch videos and movies on their phones and they can subscribe to streaming services for like 8 bucks a month and all the other cheap distractions that are at people's fingertips now, it's a hard sell to get people to part with the cost of comics every week.

And even just within the comic industry itself, the competition is much steeper than it ever has been and there's more books from more publishers all constantly vying for those same limited dollars. It's not like back in the day when there'd just be a handful of Marvel and DC books on the spinner racks at the neighborhood drugstore.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Not to defend Gold but some people clearly like it as it's maintained steady sales. I can't imagine all the people who pick it up after all this time are just hate buying it.

I'd love it if Kelly Thompson took over the writing from Guggenheim but we'll see. If it continues to sell well and Guggenheim wants to stay, I don't see Marvel rushing him out the door.

As for Weapon X, I have to say I enjoy it. It's not deep in any way, it's just like a violent action movie every month and I'm fine with that. Call it a guilty pleasure.

As for how Fresh Start will affect the X-books, even if all the above books stay put, there's plenty of places to expand the X-line. Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, X-Force, and X-Factor are all more than due for relaunches and there's plenty of viable options for solo books as well. I imagine that over the summer and into the fall, there's going to be a lot of new X-titles launching.
    Some pick it up just out of loyalty to the franchise, or they don't know there's a way to read it online for free. lol I doubt everyone buying it just loves it either.

Weapon X needs to go, as I am tired of Pak's ruining of Sabretooth & Domino. Bad enough the entire cast is bland as Hell, but those 2 have been made into comedy relief parodies.

Long as all these characters are stuck in Gold & WX, and being ruined, then the Fresh Start means nothing to any of their fans.

BANNED

Some pick it up just out of loyalty to the franchise, or they don't know there's a way to read it online for free. lol I doubt everyone buying it just loves it either.
    I doubt that too - every franchise has at least some fans who stick with it through thick and thin - but I think if a book is a consistent seller, that says that at least a good number of readers are happy with the product, no matter how much online griping there is about it.

Also, no comic fan should read any comic online for free. It's just a crappy thing to do.

If someone reads a book and doesn't like it, it's easy enough to just quit reading it rather than steal it.

Weapon X needs to go, as I am tired of Pak's ruining of Sabretooth & Domino. Bad enough the entire cast is bland as Hell, but those 2 have been made into comedy relief parodies.

Long as all these characters are stuck in Gold & WX, and being ruined, then the Fresh Start means nothing to any of their fans.
    It's never good to assume that every fan of a character feels the same way about their characterizations.

There's some Spider-Man fans who feel that Dan Slott has been ruining the character for the duration of his run and can't wait for him to go and on the opposite side, there's some fans who can't imagine anyone writing Spidey better than him.

I'm sure there's Sabretooth and Domino fans out there who either like how they're portrayed in Weapon X or are simply indifferent to it and don't see it as "ruining" them.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 04-03-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Ultimate Member

It's a family reunion. Magneto with his three children and future son-in-law (Havok).
    True, but not sure that they could all get along long enough to actually do anything, after all not sure that Lorna and Wanda would want to play referee between Magneto and Pietro for very long...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I doubt that too - every franchise has at least some fans who stick with it through thick and thin - but I think if a book is a consistent seller, that says that at least a good number of readers are happy with the product, no matter how much online griping there is about it.

Also, no comic fan should read any comic online for free. It's just a crappy thing to do.

If someone reads a book and doesn't like it, it's easy enough to just quit reading it rather than steal it.

It's never good to assume that every fan of a character feels the same way about their characterizations.

There's some Spider-Man fans who feel that Dan Slott has been ruining the character for the duration of his run and can't wait for him to go and on the opposite side, there's some fans who can't imagine anyone writing Spidey better than him.

I'm sure there's Sabretooth and Domino fans out there who either like how they're portrayed in Weapon X or are simply indifferent to it and don't see it as "ruining" them.
    We'd have to agree to disagree on everything. My opinion stays the same on both. So I am waiting for the cancellation of these books, and if sales keep dropping for Weapon X like they have been, I may get that wish before mid-2019.

I am speaking for myself, not every other fan. If some like Gold & Weapon X, great for them. Goes w/o saying every franchise has some fans. But those of us who hate them, want them gone.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-03-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Fantastic Member

Never mind.
    Last edited by Will J.; 04-06-2018 at 05:38 PM.