View Poll Results: What did you think of the issue?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

2 8.33%
  • ★★★★

3 12.50%
  • ★★★

3 12.50%
  • ★★

6 25.00%
  • 10 41.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The only element I LOVE from this run is the art; it truly reminds me of Jose Luis Garcia Lopez.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Wait...so Steve Trevor is now Batman? Apparently he has already figured out a way to defeat Wonder Woman if need be. WTF?
    Is his solution still Katana? Cause ... it's almost cute that he thinks Katana would be anything more than a mere annoyance to Diana. Unless, he's planning on Diana crushing on Katana and him being able to tie her up with her own lasso while she lists all the ways Katana would make a better partner for her than Steve?

Amazing Member

This isn’t a good run. The writer just doesn’t get Diana and the supporting characters.
    One would think after the great success of the WW movie, DC would put a writer on the book that cares.
    This is the 1st time in 30 years that I’m not excited about reading WW. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas71 View Post
    This isn’t a good run. The writer just doesn’t get Diana and the supporting characters.
    One would think after the great success of the WW movie, DC would put a writer on the book that cares.
    This is the 1st time in 30 years that I’m not excited about reading WW. ��
    even with that Finch run?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    That's a cute way to spin it, but ultimately that's exactly what she was doing. She knows how deadly and dangerous Darkseid is, and she knows the Furies weren't going to answer to interrogation (physical or otherwise). The only solution she had was to use the lasso, which would've also saved her plenty of time. She's never had issues using the lasso to find out answers in emergency situations, and this should be no different. It's bad writing, plain and simple, and this is the worst moment for Diana since she grabbed Orion's genitals in the New 52, in my opinion.
    Here's what made that scene even worse.

1. She got nothing out of it. If you want to give Diana something to do, at least let her accomplish something, but instead, we get a pointless battle during which she gets no answers.

2. The oddfellows take on *all* of the Furies without a scratch, but Diana gets cut up and told that her punches are nothing compared to what they endured under Granny Goodness. It's downright humiliating for Diana.

3. Once again, Diana is unable to actually *solve* anything. However, 'the smartest men' are working on the problem.

This book was terrible from start to finish (nice art, though) where Diana did nothing to advance the plot and proved that she is less capable that Steve and ARGUS.

What I wanna know is why people aren't freaking out about Darkseid being on the planet. This should be a all hands on deck type of story.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I don't necessarily think it makes a whole lot of sense and I agree that using the lasso was the logical/sensible thing to do, I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is Wonder Woman's decision to fight the Furies was to earn the answers through honorable combat (or something like that) rather than "beat" the answers out of the them, there's a difference
    Why would she think the Furies would ever agree to honorable combat? That just makes Diana seem even less capable than she already was depicted in this issue.

Lashina and Mad Harriet were never going to tell Diana a thing, and she should've known that but instead forces them to fight her in an attempt to get answers she could've got in seconds. Those precious few minutes could've saved the lives of the ARGUS "casualties" when Darkseid used the boom tube.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    even with that Finch run?
    It's quickly becoming on par with Finch's run, commonly regarded as the worst run in Diana's history.

What I wanna know is why people aren't freaking out about Darkseid being on the planet. This should be a all hands on deck type of story.
    Right now, outside of maybe Detective Comics and Action Comics, there's a lot of stuff happening that's not even mentioned in other books.

Like right now, Batman and Catwoman are engaged. But outside of the Batman comics, it hasn't been mentioned in ANY of the other Bat Books. That's something you'd think would deserve at least some mention in them.

Darkseid being alive? Yeah, a lot of disconnect it seems.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Honestly, when is James Robinson's run on this book over?
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Amazing Member

I could even tolerate finch’s run! At least i knew it was coming to an end,

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Honestly, when is James Robinson's run on this book over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pallas71 View Post
    I could even tolerate finch’s run! At least i knew it was coming to an end,
    Are we getting some kind of shake-up in in July or August?

It's rumored over in the Hal Jordan appreciation thread that he's getting a new writer soon, and a big name one at that. I SO want Diana to get the same as well around that time.

Fantastic Member

Is it true that Wonder Woman got back the red star on her tiara and white stars on her battle skirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    ...we see Diana free Lashina and Mad Harriet so she can beat the answers of Darkseid's plan out of them...

I gave WW #43 three stars, entirely for the art.

Most of the issue is wasted on Steve and Jason, sporting a yellow car fender on his chest, bonding over an X-Men styled training exercise, at ARGUS. Beyond that, there's some throwaway scenes, with Darkseid stomping around his jungle lair and Wonder Woman slapping around some Female Furies. I found these scenes to be total rubbish and unnecessary. Nothing...absolutely nothing here that dramatically moves the narrative ball forward, or that couldn't have been squeezed into WW #42 - the Boom Tube invasion certainly could have been! The only thing I found even remotely redeeming about WW #43 was the art.

Why is Jason still here? He could have been briefly introduced in two issues, somewhere around thirty-five, where he saved the Greek superhero, Olympian, from Minotaurus [Sp?], then, ..reintroduced in WW#44 - mysteriously, in his new uniform - to help Diana, Steve and the Oddfellows against Darkseid. As much as I love the idea of him, an official male Wonder, ..I think Jason's relevance to the story is too unclear for me to care about, at this point, which leaves me wondering where the characters are, whom I actually love...

Like Etta. Where in the Styx is Etta Candy ..and Ferdinand?

Supposedly, they're the cast now, and - sorry, movie fans - but, I don't think Steve's camaraderie with the Oddfellows comes anywhere close to adequately replacing the Diana-Etta friendship dynamic, in the on-going narrative. I think Diana, Etta and Steve belong at the center of this comic, with inherently absurd Ferdinand orbiting them - that's the dynamic that Rucka laid out (before sending Ferdinand on vacation), and it was brilliant! By contrast, Jason and the Oddfellows, fine in doses, aren't half as entertaining. Why aren't Etta and Ferdi, anywhere, in this run?

I accept that James Robinson can use whatever characters he wants. Just the same, considering that Rucka had just reintroduced the classic regulars (Steve, Etta, etc) I think Robinson's attempting to center the comic around Steve and Diana (who are SO boring), with a sprinkling of Oddfellows, has proven ill-timed ..and a little insensitive.

With WW #43, I feel like I have read a filler issue, plugged into Mr. Robinson's run, so that DC Comics can sell trade paperbacks.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-30-2018 at 06:36 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Exactly. I’ve been saying this for issues and issues and issues. It’s nice that it’s a Wonder Woman story, but it should be bigger, because Darkseid. (And I’d say the same thing if he appeared in a Superman title.) I guess they wanted to give Diana a chance at a solo showdown with the ultimate evil in the DCU. <shrugs shoulders>