Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    the part of Disney not been able to make messiah complex and messiah war the next big bishop major storyline is what you should be focused on. Bishop is not an action comedy character, most of his story lines I know and read from xtreme x-men to new xmen to messiah complex and messiah war does not tells us MCU action cgi comedies.
    Save it for the movie threads
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Save it for the movie threads
    Would movie threads rewrite x-men comics and characters to become lighthearted action-comedies like Marvel movies. Anyway, This is a movie thread about a though talking no nonsense complicated almost child murdering cop, who is still seeking redemption for his sins. That is not a Marvel movie. its xmen comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    He's a troll just ignore it
    I like to give people a little more troll rope to hang themselves with before I watch them swing in the wind.
    Have you seen Creed? that is his best film. Black Panther he redid Thor 1 but a bit better. we know all the major complaints from black panther. predictable story , bad cgi. it's a marvel move thing. Ryan is above that. Creed shows it.

Now for Bishop, if I remember correctly he came from the AOA timeline, a dystopian future, so that alone cannot be a MCU movie. the next big Bishop story became a bitter rivalry with cable because bishop attempted to kill a young girl called Hope to save his future. he chased her to the ends of the earth and time, he blew up the world to hunt her out and a lot more. that movie cannot be made by disney because it will be too much for their kid's demogrpahic.

You asked me what. I hope I answered, I take it that you don't really know anything about x-men and Bishop?
    Yes, I've seen the Creed movie. It's a favorite of mine. And you acting like a "jawn." Lol

First you said Coogler was held back by Disney. I'm not sure how. You said BP's story was predictable. It wasn't. And the fact that anyone is advocating for a Bishop movie based on the events of Messiah Complex, the storyline that utterly assassinated his character and is the very reason for the predicament he's in now, is jarring if not alarming. Forgive me if I find your judgement on the matter a bit shaky.

While I might enjoy a bishop movie I highly highly doubt we'll see anything of the sort. Deadpool 2 is a for sure thing, and even with the delay for reshoots for Dark Phoenix - and that is the story and it makes sense - I think we'll see Dark Phoenix as well. At this point I'm not sure we'll see New Mutants released in theaters though I'm sure it'll be released at some point. Maybe MAYBE Deadpool 3 (whatever title) in whatever universe Fox/Disney deem best but after that I think everything is going to be in the MCU. I wouldn't even hope to see anything beyond the four above mentioned projects in finished format. And Tatum Channing can kiss that Gambit movie goodbye.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    While I might enjoy a bishop movie I highly highly doubt we'll see anything of the sort. Deadpool 2 is a for sure thing, and even with the delay for reshoots for Dark Phoenix - and that is the story and it makes sense - I think we'll see Dark Phoenix as well. At this point I'm not sure we'll see New Mutants released in theaters though I'm sure it'll be released at some point. Maybe MAYBE Deadpool 3 (whatever title) in whatever universe Fox/Disney deem best but after that I think everything is going to be in the MCU. I wouldn't even hope to see anything beyond the four above mentioned projects in finished format. And Tatum Channing can kiss that Gambit movie goodbye.
    Yeah. I don't think it's looking good for the Gambit movie. But Channing definitely has the sexy to pull off our Ragin' Cajun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Yeah. I don't think it's looking good for the Gambit movie. But Channing definitely has the sexy to pull off our Ragin' Cajun.
    He ain't getting any younger. He might still be ok when this movie comes out, but that "charm" isn't going to last 5-10 years from now. It's been delayed so long they might as well hired a newer younger, hotter actor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I like to give people a little more troll rope to hang themselves with before I watch them swing in the wind.

Yes, I've seen the Creed movie. It's a favorite of mine. And you acting like a "jawn." Lol

First you said Coogler was held back by Disney. I'm not sure how. You said BP's story was predictable. It wasn't. .
    He was held back by disney because he had to follow the marvel formula. You could tell he struggled with CGI because it is not his thing.

Maybe BP was not predictable to you but it was predictable to others because marvel movies are written at ground zero.

And the fact that anyone is advocating for a Bishop movie based on the events of Messiah Complex, the storyline that utterly assassinated his character and is the very reason for the predicament he's in now, is jarring if not alarming. Forgive me if I find your judgement on the matter a bit shaky
    It was more controversial and difficult than assassination of character, my judgement is clear. anytime xmen fans tell an xmen stories that becomes obvious to mcu fans that those movies will never be made under Disney, The usual reply is the stories are not that good. It's a good thing old man logan , death of wolverine , DOFP and god loves, man kills were made into films because if they were not made and xmen fans proposed them to be made. you will tell us those comics were bad simply because mcu can never make movies like DOFP, Logan, X2.

A messiah complex and war movie can be made, Bishop does not have to suffer because MCU is stuck with action-comedy lighthearted movies that has nothing to do with Bishop.
    Last edited by Sandfall; 03-28-2018 at 01:39 PM.

I thought the whole Messiah trilogy pretty much assassinated Bishop. It destroyed him as a viable character in a way he has yet to truly recover from. It took him out for a good decade and even now he's not quite back to where he was

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    He ain't getting any younger. He might still be ok when this movie comes out, but that "charm" isn't going to last 5-10 years from now. It's been delayed so long they might as well hired a newer younger, hotter actor.
    This may at first sound like it's not a good fit, but Nick Jonas. I don't mean to derail the thread though but just...throwing that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought the whole Messiah trilogy pretty much assassinated Bishop. It destroyed him as a viable character in a way he has yet to truly recover from. It took him out for a good decade and even now he's not quite back to where he was
    Sadly the more recent stuff about him is mostly crap, but there's lots history that was written before the hot pile of messiah complex that was building him into a solid and viable character. In the hands of good writers a movie could work well. Btw the reference to Deadpool was only about him not having any notoriety with movie going public for the most part it was the push and work of Ryan Reynolds.

With the right script, they could do a Bishop movie. The great thing with a movie adaption is that they can bring over only the elements they want and leave the more troubling aspects. Besides aren't they using the Mutant Messiah in DP2? I doubt they would do that again so soon.

Personally I would be more interested in a Storm movie.

I said liklely? I never said he was because I was not 100% sure of what future came from since I never read his more personal stories of the early 90s though I know he has some ties to AOA. more importantly did you read the full comment. that is where the truth is.

the part of Disney not been able to make messiah complex and messiah war the next big bishop major storyline is what you should be focused on. Bishop is not an action comedy character, most of his story lines I know and read from xtreme x-men to new xmen to messiah complex and messiah war does not tells us MCU action cgi comedies.

Ryan would have made a Logan of Bishop not a Black Panther-Thor mash up.
    If possible i would strongly suggest you check out Bishop's true origins and then stories that came after. It may change your point of view. Bishop prior to being thematically lynched was a very well balanced mutant soldier/ warrior, intelligent and highly moral.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Ooouuuu, bish, I can't disagree with you. But I still want my Channing Gambit fix. I need to see it with my own eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Exactly this post. He still hasn't recovered from that storyline. I don't see how a movie focusing on those events could possibly cast him in a good light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    This may at first sound like it's not a good fit, but Nick Jonas. I don't mean to derail the thread though but just...throwing that out there.
    You know, this really isn't a terrible idea. He could make me jealous anytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Sadly the more recent stuff about him is mostly crap, but there's lots history that was written before the hot pile of messiah complex that was building him into a solid and viable character. In the hands of good writers a movie could work well. Btw the reference to Deadpool was only about him not having any notoriety with movie going public for the most part it was the push and work of Ryan Reynolds.
    I agree with you here. There's a lot of other stories they should focus on. Messiah Complex shouldn't even be an option. It certainly won't win him any fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaviers Dream View Post
    With the right script, they could do a Bishop movie. The great thing with a movie adaption is that they can bring over only the elements they want and leave the more troubling aspects. Besides aren't they using the Mutant Messiah in DP2? I doubt they would do that again so soon.

Personally I would be more interested in a Storm movie.
    I haven't much followed the news of DP2, so I can't speak to the specifics. But if this is true, all the better. It will hopefully close the door and discourage the possibilities of this being the premise for a solo Bishop film.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Ryan Coogler mentioned that Bishop was another favored character of his. Should Marvel push for a solo movie seeing what he did with Black Panther. Who would this movie star?
    Coogler's career just went through a hat trick so if he's passionate about it, I'd say let him do it.

BANNED

He was held back by disney because he had to follow the marvel formula. You could tell he struggled with CGI because it is not his thing.

Maybe BP was not predictable to you but it was predictable to others because marvel movies are written at ground zero.

It was more controversial and difficult than assassination of character, my judgement is clear. anytime xmen fans tell an xmen stories that becomes obvious to mcu fans that those movies will never be made under Disney, The usual reply is the stories are not that good. It's a good thing old man logan , death of wolverine , DOFP and god loves, man kills were made into films because if they were not made and xmen fans proposed them to be made. you will tell us those comics were bad simply because mcu can never make movies like DOFP, Logan, X2.

A messiah complex and war movie can be made, Bishop does not have to suffer because MCU is stuck with action-comedy lighthearted movies that has nothing to do with Bishop.
    Do you honestly believe to your core that after the way the issues of pan-Africanism were touched upon in Black Panther, do you honestly believe the mutant metaphor is too much for the MCU? I'd really like to have this discussion. I just wonder if the topic doesn't warrant it's own thread?