Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    You could say the same for Gambit
    That Gambit's too powerful to form a movie around with a credible threat? How so? Don't be salty now. Whether the Gambit movie comes out or not, its been in development. I doubt you'll see a Storm solo ever brought up. It's not a strike against the character, it's just hard to form a movie around a goddess. Look at Superman. The only good movies Superman has is when he's fighting someone just as strong as him.If Wonder Woman was at the strength level she saw at the end of the movie, throughout it, it would have been over in 30 minutes. It's the reason Storm was limited in the first 3 movies (the first two more than the third, regulated to just throwing lightning bolts and wind) and made a villain in the latest. Its easy to write her as a threat fighting a group of people, than have one thing stand in front of her and say for some reason she can't get rid of it. I assume it'd be an ongoing issue even in a comic book, especially when she has X-Men around. Gambit is far less powerful and has a lot more going on around him than being with the X-Men. You can say the same about Storm PRIOR to being an X-Man, but is that what the X-Men need right now? More period piece pre-quels? You can go more interpersonal, but how much fun does that sound. Can't use Black Panther connections. Just has a lot of hurdles. The only real plus right now is that Hollywood is embracing more minority and female led projects. I think Blade is more likly than Storm, but you're talking about two different companies (they havent merged yet).
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    That Gambit's too powerful to form a movie around with a credible threat? How so? Don't be salty now.

He'd have a movie by now if he was. I'm just being realistic he's had like what 5 Director drop out?
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 03-28-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

He'd have a movie by now if he was. I'm just being realistic
    What's being realistic? That's not my point. And to be honest, at this point I couldn't care less about Gambit having a movie or not if you're trying to jab. I don't think he should be introduced this far out of his hay-day with a solo. He should be in a proper X-Men film first, this solo project is too hit-or-miss in my opinion. If anyone's being realistic, it's me... assuming you read the rest of my long post that you quoted the first sentence of. But you don't want to talk. My bad.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Ryan Coogler mentioned that Bishop was another favored character of his. Should Marvel push for a solo movie seeing what he did with Black Panther. Who would this movie star?
    Ryan was held back with Disney. it was kind of sad to watch him struggle to write a predictable story for black panther and bombard it with CGI in the end just to stick to the formula, I liked his style in Creed better. that was the real Ryan the young and upcoming film mogul.

I think he independently would have made a good Bishop movie especially if it is focused around messiah complex and messiah war era or his life before AOA but once again under Disney movies like that cannot be made.

The idea would come after any needed consolidation of the cinema universes. My thinking is that with someone that truly cares about the character and the ability to layer a story, a Bishop movie would be a left field type movie in the same vain that Deadpool was. I think Winston duke (M'baku) would be an awesome Bishop.

BANNED

That Gambit's too powerful to form a movie around with a credible threat? How so? Don't be salty now. Whether the Gambit movie comes out or not, its been in development. I doubt you'll see a Storm solo ever brought up. It's not a strike against the character, it's just hard to form a movie around a goddess. Look at Superman. The only good movies Superman has is when he's fighting someone just as strong as him.If Wonder Woman was at the strength level she saw at the end of the movie, throughout it, it would have been over in 30 minutes. It's the reason Storm was limited in the first 3 movies (the first two more than the third, regulated to just throwing lightning bolts and wind) and made a villain in the latest. Its easy to write her as a threat fighting a group of people, than have one thing stand in front of her and say for some reason she can't get rid of it. I assume it'd be an ongoing issue even in a comic book, especially when she has X-Men around. Gambit is far less powerful and has a lot more going on around him than being with the X-Men. You can say the same about Storm PRIOR to being an X-Man, but is that what the X-Men need right now? More period piece pre-quels? You can go more interpersonal, but how much fun does that sound. Can't use Black Panther connections. Just has a lot of hurdles. The only real plus right now is that Hollywood is embracing more minority and female led projects. I think Blade is more likly than Storm, but you're talking about two different companies (they havent merged yet).
    I can't disagree with this post. There are a lot of hurdles to get over to bring us a major Storm movie production. I think Coates is aware of that and he's setting her up for personal life and narrative that runs separate and concurrent with her life as an X-man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The idea would come after any needed consolidation of the cinema universes. My thinking is that with someone that truly cares about the character and the ability to layer a story, a Bishop movie would be a left field type movie in the same vain that Deadpool was. I think Winston duke (M'baku) would be an awesome Bishop.
    Oh god! He'd make a great Bishop!

. If anyone's being realistic, it's me... assuming you read the rest of my long post that you quoted the first sentence of. But you don't want to talk. My bad.
    You're right I didn't read the post. Because I don't feel like arguing for Storm there's plenty of her fans for that. I'm more interested in Bishop joining MCU X-MEN. Just gave you a quick Gambit jab and you went on a long rant which ruined me poking fun in the first place.

A good director and writer can make a great storm movie. All of the other excuses are just that excuses. If marvel studios wants to make a storm movie then it'll happen
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 03-28-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I think the very idea of X-Men led solos is odd especially at this stage. Just because Wolverine did it, doesn't mean it has to be duplicated. The X-Men are strongest as an assemble cast of characters and conflicting personalities. It's what they've been since their inception, only made better in 75' with the introduction of new characters in Storm, Nightcrawler, Thunderbird (rip...), Banshee and Colossus. I have my doubts about any X-Men solo film, Storm, Bishop, Kitty included. But I will admit if any other character outside of Wolverine could pull it off, it may be Gambit, but again, not like this (he simply has more materiel to burn through thanks to having like 6 ongoings solo in the past). He should have been properly vetted in a X-Men film. Just my opinion. The biggest problem is the universe they've set up already. Without being a bunch of period pieces, the X-Men movie timeline is in a tough spot if they are still trying to tie all this together. Bishop could work as a time travel sci-fi flick... but this timeline has already establsihed him, and it's not all that "dynamic".

You're right I didn't read the post. Because I don't feel like arguing for Storm there's plenty of her fans for that. I'm more interested in Bishop joining MCU X-MEN. Just gave you a quick Gambit jab and you went on a long rant which ruined me poking fun in the first place.

A good director and writer can make a great storm movie. All of the other excuses are just that excuses. If marvel studios wants to make a storm movie then it'll happen
    I do conversations... not argue. If it becomes a bunch fanning I just step away. What's the point? I never said Storm doesnt have "fans", though I'm not sure what think "a lot" is. The problem is writing a believable script around someone that does what she can, in the climate that's been established. But if you're talking about the possibility of a MCU led project, the climate changes, but the fact that it'll be hard to give her a watchable threat for 2 hours, doesnt.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 03-28-2018 at 12:07 PM.
    Guild Member

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Ryan was held back with Disney. it was kind of sad to watch him struggle to write a predictable story for black panther and bombard it with CGI in the end just to stick to the formula, I liked his style in Creed better. that was the real Ryan the young and upcoming film mogul.

I think he independently would have made a good Bishop movie especially if it is focused around messiah complex and messiah war era or his life before AOA but once again under Disney movies like that cannot be made.
    I'm not sure I'm reading this correctly. But, if am, what?

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    He's a troll just ignore it

. But if you're talking about the possibility of a MCU led project, the climate changes, but the fact that it'll be hard to give her a watchable threat for 2 hours, doesnt.
    Storm & Bishop are non factors in Fox I was referring to MCU

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Have you seen Creed? that is his best film. Black Panther he redid Thor 1 but a bit better. we know all the major complaints from black panther. predictable story , bad cgi. it's a marvel move thing. Ryan is above that. Creed shows it.

Now for Bishop, if I remember correctly he came from the AOA timeline, a dystopian future, so that alone cannot be a MCU movie. the next big Bishop story became a bitter rivalry with cable because bishop attempted to kill a young girl called Hope to save his future. he chased her to the ends of the earth and time, he blew up the world to hunt her out and a lot more. that movie cannot be made by disney because it will be too much for their kid's demogrpahic.

You asked me what. I hope I answered, I take it that you don't really know anything about x-men and Bishop?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post

You asked me what. I hope I answered, I take it that you don't really know anything about x-men and Bishop?

I find this hilarious for someone who thinks Bishop is from AoA

BANNED

I find this hilarious for someone who thinks Bishop is from AoA
    I said liklely? I never said he was because I was not 100% sure of what future came from since I never read his more personal stories of the early 90s though I know he has some ties to AOA. more importantly did you read the full comment. that is where the truth is.

the part of Disney not been able to make messiah complex and messiah war the next big bishop major storyline is what you should be focused on. Bishop is not an action comedy character, most of his story lines I know and read from xtreme x-men to new xmen to messiah complex and messiah war does not tells us MCU action cgi comedies.

Ryan would have made a Logan of Bishop not a Black Panther-Thor mash up.