Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dc team's in limbo

Here's a list of other DC Teams that are in limbo .are their any that you would like to see make a comeback.

ALL STAR SQUADRON
    THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS
    INFINITY INC.
    THE METAL MEN
    THE NEW GUARDIANS
    THE OMEGA MEN
    THE OUTSIDERS
    THE POWER CO.
    PRIMAL FORCE
    SENTINELS OF MAGIC
    SHADOWPACT
    THE YOUNG ALL STARS
    YOUNG JUSTICE.

i'm personally hoping we'll see another FREEDOM FIGHTERS.a NEW METAL MEN.The OUTSIDERS.and POWER CO.

None. None of them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Shadowpact, Young Justice and the Power Company back.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What's the role of those teams that the current teams haven't already covered?

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Here's a list of other DC Teams that are in limbo .are their any that you would like to see make a comeback.

ALL STAR SQUADRON
    THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS
    INFINITY INC.
    THE METAL MEN
    THE NEW GUARDIANS
    THE OMEGA MEN
    THE OUTSIDERS
    THE POWER CO.
    PRIMAL FORCE
    SENTINELS OF MAGIC
    SHADOWPACT
    THE YOUNG ALL STARS
    YOUNG JUSTICE.

i'm personally hoping we'll see another FREEDOM FIGHTERS.a NEW METAL MEN.The OUTSIDERS.and POWER CO.
    Shadowpact is basically the new JL Dark under a different name
    The Metal Men (And Red Tornado) are Back during the Events of Metal
    Outsiders seems to be getting a relaunch over the summer under Bryan Hill (the Michael Cray writer) who is also writing a Black Lightning arc in Tec which seems to set it up (Snyder hinted at it recently when debuting JLO and JLD)
    YJ is probably coming back soon as a home for Tim Drake, Bart Allen, Connor Kent and Cassie Sandsmark.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Shadowpact, Young Justice and the Power Company back.
    Yeah, definitely Young Justice and the Power Company!

Plus an Infinity Inc. or Young All-Stars focusing on younger and / or legacy characters spun off of the Justice Society / All-Star Squadron (a team where people like Stargirl, Cyclone, etc. can end up).

And the Legion of Super-Heroes!

As for the role to cover, they would cover the role of books I would buy, which isn't currently covered by the various Justice Leagues, which are generally dominated by 'big seven' or 'trinity' or reformed villain characters I'm not as fond of as the dozens, if not hundreds, of less developed team characters who don't have their own solo books.

Ooh, I remembered the Doom Patrol! I'm not sure I want to see them revived, since they seem to be a dumping ground for 'weird for weird sake' characters, but they definitely seem to fit the bill.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 03-31-2018 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, definitely Young Justice and the Power Company!

Plus an Infinity Inc. or Young All-Stars focusing on younger and / or legacy characters spun off of the Justice Society / All-Star Squadron (a team where people like Stargirl, Cyclone, etc. can end up).

And the Legion of Super-Heroes!

As for the role to cover, they would cover the role of books I would buy, which isn't currently covered by the various Justice Leagues, which are generally dominated by 'big seven' or 'trinity' or reformed villain characters I'm not as fond of as the dozens, if not hundreds, of less developed team characters who don't have their own solo books.

Ooh, I remembered the Doom Patrol! I'm not sure I want to see them revived, since they seem to be a dumping ground for 'weird for weird sake' characters, but they definitely seem to fit the bill.
    Aren't they around in the "Young Animal" imprint?

Yeah, Doom Patrol isn't in limbo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

The Outsiders are coming back soon, seemingly even before the Legion and JSA, and Shadowpact is basically being merged into Justice League Dark and sticking with the latter's title.

Of the others mentioned in the OP, the only team I really want to see again is Young Justice, which I imagine will be coming back soon as a home for Tim Drake and the YJ4.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Doom Patrol isn't in limbo.
    And while the release schedule has been utterly ridiculous, their book has been spectacular.

The Power Co was pretty cool back in the day. I would buy it

I'm going to add another one: I'd love to see a FORGOTTEN HEROES book come out. There are so many characters that we haven't see for a long time, some not since the New 52 started, that it'd be good to put them someplace where they could get a chance to shine again (looking at you, Nightshade).

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I would love to see a updated version of the Global Guardians.

BANNED

Are folks talking about ongoings for those teams? I'm pretty sure that almost none of them could sell an ongoing. Maybe Young Justice could.

Recurring minis for them? That might work.

I’m up for the All-Star Squadron, Infinity Inc., and Freedom Fighters returning in-universe with the JSA characters whenever/however they’re brought back. Depending on how the JSA is returned to us, I could see Infinity Inc. as a companion title if it’s the kids and descendants of the JSAers. It might be a good juxtaposition to a Teen Titans or Titans title, given the sidekicks vs. being the children of heroes angle.

At this point, I think Teen Titans needs a rest and would prefer a Young Justice title with in-universe positioning more similar to the animated series.

Past that, I’d be up for a return of the Secret Six, if it were more in line with Simone’s first stellar run on the title. Also, I think it’s time for a Secret Society of Super Villains relaunch or a Legion of Doom title. DC has such great villains and they need to mine them more for their relationships between each other from their POV as well as in opposition to one another and the heroes. Secret Six and SSOSV or LOD, could also be companion books of a sort - with some Suicide Squad commentary as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’m up for the All-Star Squadron, Infinity Inc., and Freedom Fighters returning in-universe with the JSA characters whenever/however they’re brought back. Depending on how the JSA is returned to us, I could see Infinity Inc. as a companion title if it’s the kids and descendants of the JSAers. It might be a good juxtaposition to a Teen Titans or Titans title, given the sidekicks vs. being the children of heroes angle.
    Don't know if that would really work, most of these characters have become full members of the JSA in the past continuity, putting them back in a team hat hasn't existed in the last 30 years feels like downgrade.

When it comes to the All Stars Squadron and the Young All Stars, I don't really see much of a point of bringing them back, out side of maybe some mini series set in WWII.
    Rebooting the story from the beginning seems kind of pointless, and continuing based on the original run is now almost 30 years later also not really an option. Only real option is to add some of the characters to the JSA, or use them as support cast for other heros.