All-New Member

Question Need help identifying a comic!!!!

Hi, everyone. I hope that someone can help me with this. I have been trying for a long time to get an answer to this and can't find it out. I've tried searching comic lists, asking on forums, etc.

Back when I was a kid, there was a four part story that I read. I do not know it it was a stand alone four issue thing or part of a running series. Even though it had to do with marvel characters I don't actually know if it was published by marvel.

In it, Wolverine was leading a team of mutants in the savage land. They had collars that supposedly stopped their powers from going out of control and becoming unstable. There was a guy who I think controlled earth, a girl and a blue guy. I don't remember if there were others.

At the same time that Wolverine was leading this team in the savage land, a ?mutant? from the savage land had set up a base in the "real world" which was protected by a force field that both the army and magicians tried to penetrate. This villian was trying to genetically engineer triceratops-like soldiers - but they were unstable and melted into puddles of goo.

In the end, Wolverine and the team beat him by continueously attacking him which made his DNA go nuts.

Also, at some point the mutants lost their collars and found out that they were not to protect from instability but to inhibit their powers and without them their powers became insanely strong.

Does anyone know what this was? I really want to find it again...

"Savage Land, Strange Heart."

Edit, that was from the animated series not comic. Don't know of a comic series like that.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-09-2018 at 08:47 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

All-New Member

Uh, no. It was definitely a comic series. I had the last three issues of the four part series. (They were labelled on the front 2 of 4, 3 of 4 etc.)

And I'm familiar with the animated series you are referring to. Was a completely difference story. Not the same. But thanks for trying to help.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

You could try asking on the X-Men boards. Someone there should know.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigShaw View Post
    Hi, everyone. I hope that someone can help me with this. I have been trying for a long time to get an answer to this and can't find it out. I've tried searching comic lists, asking on forums, etc.

Back when I was a kid, . . .
    Does everybody assume everybody else here is the same age they are and that everybody lives in the same country?
    When asking a question like this, it helps if you tell us
    * when you were "a kid" (rough time frames, like if it was in the 1980s, 1990s, later than that?)
    * what country you were living in / where the comic book came from (since not everybody from these boards lives in the same part of the world. It wasn't called "the world wide web" for nothing!)