Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Tami I like the Medusa Supergirl.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

The Whovian
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

foxley gets my vote!
    Currently re-reading: Captivology • Currently re-watching: Guardians of the Galaxy • Currently re-heating: brownies in the microwave

Fantastic Member Chicken Pocket's Avatar

icctrombone

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I liked both of the transforming Storm covers from ChadH and nx01a but I can only vote for one

ChadH
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-03-2018 at 08:07 AM.

The Whovian this time.

Ah yes, that wonderful series of moments when Thor was a frog. Simonson rules.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 04-03-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Can anyone vote for oneself?

There are lots of good covers here. I am taking my time and i am shortlisting now. I just love the cover i posted. I have not voted yet. This is not a vote. But in the end i just might choose the one by me. Any thoughts about this?

And i must admit i am a bit surprised. I expected more Silver Age covers. But i did not know that so many transformations occurred later too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post

There are lots of good covers here. I am taking my time and i am shortlisting now. I just love the cover i posted. I have not voted yet. This is not a vote. But in the end i just might choose the one by me. Any thoughts about this?

And i must admit i am a bit surprised. I expected more Silver Age covers. But i did not know that so many transformations occurred later too.
    I think it is highly discouraged. If everyone voted for themselves, no one would win. You could always vote fro your 2nd place cover.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I hope you're kidding...

Bryan 'cuz it's a classic we all want to remake. lord knows why, but we do. Turtleboy Jimmy!

HM to Rob Allen for the courage to post that Blackhawk cover.

You can, but we all think our cover is the best, that is why we post them. No rule against it, but it's not cricket.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Shalla Bal, for a good example of why it sucked to be a member of the Superman family in the 1960s

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I think it is highly discouraged. If everyone voted for themselves, no one would win. You could always vote fro your 2nd place cover.
    Thanks for the idea. I can always give it a second place. I adore it.

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I hope you're kidding...
    I was kidding about going to vote for mine. But i really really wanted to vote for my choice. Had someone else posted it i most probably would have chosen that.

You vote for what you think is the best. And most of the times you love, what you think is the best. I wanted to know what others think about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You can, but we all think our cover is the best, that is why we post them. No rule against it, but it's not cricket.
    Thanks for your reply. Cricket is a game of gentlemen. And fairness is one mark of a gentleman. So, apart from finding some real good choices, i couldn't simply vote for me, as i don't know the ways around here.

It looked like an unwritten rule. And i wanted to gauge the opinion of people who participate here for any future course of action. Does it happen here? Do people actually go and vote for themselves if they want to? If it happens then i can do it. But if it does not, then i don't want to be a killjoy. Its a fun competition. If the competition is not done in a proper spirit it won't be fun anymore.

nx01a with Storms Brood transformation.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Thanks for the idea. I can always give it a second place. I adore it.

I was kidding about going to vote for mine. But i really really wanted to vote for my choice. Had someone else posted it i most probably would have chosen that.

You vote for what you think is the best. And most of the times you love, what you think is the best. I wanted to know what others think about this.

Thanks for your reply. Cricket is a game of gentlemen. And fairness is one mark of a gentleman. So, apart from finding some real good choices, i couldn't simply vote for me, as i don't know the ways around here.

It looked like an unwritten rule. And i wanted to gauge the opinion of people who participate here for any future course of action. Does it happen here? Do people actually go and vote for themselves if they want to? If it happens then i can do it. But if it does not, then i don't want to be a killjoy. Its a fun competition. If the competition is not done in a proper spirit it won't be fun anymore.
    I guess that there are a few unwritten rules :

- we don't vote for our own entries for the reasons stated above
    - we also very rarely vote for the cover posted in the first post of the thread - the one setting the new theme. I've seen it, but only a very few time.

So even if your cover is really gorgeous - and maybe the best - it's unlikely that it will get a vote.

When I had the chance to propose a new theme, several times I deliberately decided not to post the best cover I had in mind - hoping that someone will post it and that it will get some votes and even win ! I guess it's one of the secret pleasures of setting a new contest...

Last rule - it was always unclear for me... I'm not sure of it... So I'll use a question : are we allowed to vote even if we didn't post an entry? (I posted one just to get the right to vote this week )

And I have to decide what will get that vote... Storm, Kripton's craziness or FF villains with unusual masks or faces...
    Last edited by Abe; 04-03-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !