Chicken Pocket - 1
    The Darknight Detective - 1
    Scott Taylor - 1
    Seismic-2 - 1

And this week's winner is

foxley!

With a total of 4 votes.

Congratulations foxley
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 04-04-2018 at 02:55 AM.

I am sorry Abe. I couldn't count your vote as it was made over 12 AM PST Wednesday. With your vote it was 3. And since its not a winning vote, i guess it counts after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I am sorry Abe. I couldn't count your vote as it was made over 12 AM PST Wednesday. With your vote it was 3. And since its not a winning vote, i guess it counts after all.
    Don't be sorry! My bad. I must confess that I have a few issues with the time zones - between cbr's EST, the contest's PST and my own CET... if you add the daylight saving time changes happening not the same week here and there... (Ok.. the truth is that I work at home the Wednesday and I slept too well : I woke up a few hours later than usually! )

Great job for the theme and the tally, Soubhagya! With all the discussions going on I also had answers to some of the questions I never dared to ask- thanks ChadH for those...

And congrats Foxley! Have fun with the new theme!
    Last edited by Abe; 04-04-2018 at 03:43 AM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I am sorry for posting my questions. It was a genuine query as its my second participation in this contest.

I don't really care for winning. Had i wanted to do that i could have done it the first time. I won that one by a tie-breaker. I want to vote for the one that i love. And what i love and what i think is the best is pretty closely related. What will i win anyway? A right to chose the next theme. And some congrats. Of course, everyone wants to win. But my query was because i love the cover.

I think my choice is one of the best ones here. First, its a beautiful cover. Nice colors and art. Second, its humorous. I love and prefer such covers. I actually wanted to see a lot of funny covers when i chose the theme. (I am glad in how it turned out though. There's some really nice ones i wouldn't have seen otherwise). Third, that Superman's head has changed into a lion is amazing in itself. Fourth, the expression on Lois Lane is pure gold. I simply love it. Fifth, i love the allusion to Beauty and The Beast. 'A modern version of that story.' Not that i am a big fan of that story. But i love the message of love which goes much deeper then outer appearances. I don't know what's inside. Haven't actually read the issue. But due to all of these reasons i think its one of the best covers for this theme and i love it.
    I wasn't trying to attack you, Soub. You're cover is nice and represents the fun goofy Silver Age books from the Superman line. There are always 5 or six covers that are hard to choose from as the winner but , as someone pointed out, the fun is in seeing what everyone posts and discovering new covers the you might not have seen.

Thanks everyone. New contest up shortly.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Thanks everyone. New contest up shortly.
    Congrats Foxley!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Congrats, Foxley! I'm expecting a sexy contest theme from you.

Thanks to Shalla Bal for voting for my entry, also.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I wasn't trying to attack you, Soub. You're cover is nice and represents the fun goofy Silver Age books from the Superman line. There are always 5 or six covers that are hard to choose from as the winner but , as someone pointed out, the fun is in seeing what everyone posts and discovering new covers the you might not have seen.
    Oh well. I thought you did. You're right. Its a lot of fun in seeing different covers posted by others.

I really love these silver age funny covers. They put a smile on my face. And sometimes a laugh. I wanted to see a few. Since, they aren't posted i am posting three of them. They were among the ones i wanted to post.

You know what, i think we shall have a transformations part two in a few months. By somebody else. We have barely scratched the surface. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Don't be sorry! My bad. I must confess that I have a few issues with the time zones - between cbr's EST, the contest's PST and my own CET... if you add the daylight saving time changes happening not the same week here and there... (Ok.. the truth is that I work at home the Wednesday and I slept too well : I woke up a few hours later than usually! )

Great job for the theme and the tally, Soubhagya! With all the discussions going on I also had answers to some of the questions I never dared to ask- thanks ChadH for those...

And congrats Foxley! Have fun with the new theme!
    Glad to hear that i was of some service. Looking forward to the new theme.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 04-04-2018 at 05:43 AM.

congrats to foxley.
    I hope folks here enjoyed seeing the Trimpe Betty Ross-Harpy cover, even if they didn't vote for it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I enjoyed that Harpy cover, Kirby101. And don't feel too bad. No one voted for the intriguing Maleev cover I used where he had the merging of one persona over another.

Congratulations, foxley!

Ultimate Member

Really have to work on my timing.... not an entry at this point -- just sharing work by two of my favorite artists.

New Mutants transformed into living zombies by the Beyonder and turned over by an alcoholic Magneto to the White Queen -- Cover by Arthur Adams and Bill Seinkiewicz
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 04-04-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    congrats to foxley.
    I hope folks here enjoyed seeing the Trimpe Betty Ross-Harpy cover, even if they didn't vote for it.
    I loved this cover. When i watched it first i thought for a while that i will vote for this one. But sadly i can vote only for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I enjoyed that Harpy cover, Kirby101. And don't feel too bad. No one voted for the intriguing Maleev cover I used where he had the merging of one persona over another.

Congratulations, foxley!
    Don't feel too bad. I really liked your cover. It was in my shortlist before i had to remove covers to get to one.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Really have to work on my timing.... not an entry at this point -- just sharing work by two of my favorite artists.

New Mutants transformed into living zombies by the Beyonder and turned over by an alcoholic Magneto to the White Queen -- Cover by Arthur Adams and Bill Seinkiewicz
    Better be late then never.

I appreciate all entries. In fact, i would love it if people start entering a couple of more. The ones they wanted to before choosing the one entry or something like that.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 04-04-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Ultimate Member

I appreciate all entries. In fact, i would love it if people start entering a couple of more. The ones they wanted to before choosing the one entry or something like that.
    That would be this one -- it was a tough choice.

Congrats to the winner, of course, and everyone who entered as well -- as a fan of cover art this is a great place to see some of the best.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 04-04-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was also thinking about using a cover with Malice or Dark Phoenix.