Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Nah, I think that I'd rather extol the virtues of violence in my entertainment. Comic books have just gotten so stiff and dull lately, nobody knows how to do eye-catching action anymore. A bloodbath at the Inhuman’s expense could be just what is needed to liven things up a little.
    Some of my favorite stories have been ones where action kinda took a backseat to the characters themselves. Guess my feeling is that without well-developed characters, I don't get invested in the action that well.

I guess I'm also not a blood and guts kind of guy. I tried reading Old Man Logan once. That thing was a slog and devoid of entertainment for me (which I find odd, given that the movie was good). Same thing with Watchmen. Give me Spider-Man more any day where things have a nice balance between drama and fun. Who cares if watching Wolverine slaughter baddies by the dozen with all the blood has better artwork and layout. Watching Spidey have to escape from a robot controlled by J. Jonah Jameson (complete with Jameson's face for the robot's head) is a much more enjoyable story (IMHO)

I've found that the only violent character I've enjoyed reading is X-23 (and even that story is focused on her overcoming that). Some of those do get pretty rough, but I think when used well, it's in service of the story, not just for action sequences for their own sake.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Some of my favorite stories have been ones where action kinda took a backseat to the characters themselves. Guess my feeling is that without well-developed characters, I don't get invested in the action that well.

I guess I'm also not a blood and guts kind of guy. I tried reading Old Man Logan once. That thing was a slog and devoid of entertainment for me (which I find odd, given that the movie was good). Same thing with Watchmen. Give me Spider-Man more any day where things have a nice balance between drama and fun. Who cares if watching Wolverine slaughter baddies by the dozen with all the blood has better artwork and layout. Watching Spidey have to escape from a robot controlled by J. Jonah Jameson (complete with Jameson's face for the robot's head) is a much more enjoyable story (IMHO)

I've found that the only violent character I've enjoyed reading is X-23 (and even that story is focused on her overcoming that). Some of those do get pretty rough, but I think when used well, it's in service of the story, not just for action sequences for their own sake.
    Why are you bringing this up again after seven pages. Are you really that desperate to argue with me? It was a bit of fun to kill time before the announcement, now we have the Fantastic Four to talk about. Go chill out, don't act all high and mighty because I enjoy a bit of claret and you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Both Iron Man and Fantastic Four should be monthly releases.
    That should probably be easier on Slott as far as the writing goes (although I still expect delays or Gage to jump-in at some point on at least one of the books).

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Why are you bringing this up again after seven pages. Are you really that desperate to argue with me? It was a bit of fun to kill time before the announcement, now we have the Fantastic Four to talk about. Go chill out, don't act all high and mighty because I enjoy a bit of claret and you don't.
    Calm down.

First point: Those seven pages came up in between the my post and my next time logging in.

Second point: If this was an argument, no one told me. I thought we were comparing notes. (Nothing high and mighty about it, either, as the "I guesses" and "IMHO"s would show.)

You want a fight, I could give you one, but I don't really see the point.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)