All-New Member

Default Is Batman and the Signal part of Dark Nights: Metal?

Hey everyone!

This is my first post here so sorry in advance for the probably obvious question. I know Dark Nights: Metal has finally concluded and I was looking to buy up the whole event and its tie-ins in one go, (as I tend to do whenever I'm interested in a big crossover), and I was wondering how much of Batman and the Signal is linked to the story and thus, if I should get it too, which sadly means waiting for its final issue next month. I know it says its "spinning out of the pages" or whichever tagline they put there, but I want to know if it's actually truly a part of it or if it's just some side thing with little to no relevance. And if it is a tie-in, I'd love it if someone had a spoiler-free description of how it connects.

On a side note, I'd also be curious to hear what all of your opinions on Batman and the Signal are.

Thanks for the help!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dshaw1213 View Post
    Hey everyone!

This is my first post here so sorry in advance for the probably obvious question. I know Dark Nights: Metal has finally concluded and I was looking to buy up the whole event and its tie-ins in one go, (as I tend to do whenever I'm interested in a big crossover), and I was wondering how much of Batman and the Signal is linked to the story and thus, if I should get it too, which sadly means waiting for its final issue next month. I know it says its "spinning out of the pages" or whichever tagline they put there, but I want to know if it's actually truly a part of it or if it's just some side thing with little to no relevance. And if it is a tie-in, I'd love it if someone had a spoiler-free description of how it connects.

On a side note, I'd also be curious to hear what all of your opinions on Batman and the Signal are.

Thanks for the help!
    Mods, the OP might get some help if this were moved to the Batman forum.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Definitely "with little to no relevance" to Metal.

But if you were reading Snyder's larger Batman and All Star Batman run, then it's more required for fully taking in that given that Snyder left Duke's story hanging in All Star (and Batman and The Signal is then the payoff he hoped to see happen).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Duke's powers emerged in the Dark Nights Casting issue. I believe the joker pointed it out and batman confirmed it later on.

One of the immortal men talked about how Duke got his powers from his mother's side of the family and she was invited to join them but declined for reasons.

That's about it I believe.