Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Exclamation Death of the Inhumans ANNOUNCED

https://www.newsarama.com/39266-deat...this-july.html

I’m conflicted:
    I’m always an X-Men Fan before any other Marvel Characters
    I was never the Inhumans biggest fan and I hated them for what happened in IvX and Death of X, however I will say its sad to see them die... Though in a way I feel like its Karma that was due (Cyclops says hello), I dont want the Inhumans as a concept to fall into obscurity again, they’ve been pushed too much to see that

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

The title is not literal, they'll probably kill of black bolt and some 2nd string royals like Triton and Gorgon (again) and use it to shake everything else up. That's what Death of events do.

i'll just paste this from the Inhumans thread cuz it sums up a few things. Specifically that is a pitch by Cates, it's not some agenda driven book to finish off the franchise.

we know is the comments from the other writers at the retreat who called it brutal as ****.

Jason Aaron "Brutal is right. And blood-drenchingly epic. I could not stop thinking about this pitch after I first heard it. So excited to see it come to life in all its full visceral glory."

Cates "Okay look, my Inhumans story has literally nothing to do with that show. I had a rad idea for an Inhumans story I wanted to do, and I pitched it and they approved it and here we are. Relax."

Rosenberg "DEATH OF THE INHUMANS is going to be truly epic. I heard the story and was blown away. [...] If you love the Inhumans, this is a must read book. A story that shows why they are worthy of their place in the Marvel Universe And if you hate them... you'll probably want to read it too. [...] He pitched and is launching a new series for them. "

So the feeling I am reading is that Cates pitched a good Inhumans book, and Marvel in their tone-deafness called it death of the inhumans, right after royals which was filled with fake out deaths and IVX which was about two species fighting to extinction. I'm sure it'll be a good story but to make threats to characters viable you need to spend time endearing the character to the reader not just keep the threats coming non stop.

The Inhumans aren't going into obscurity or being killed off (maybe a couple will die in this).

Rosenburg has literally described this exact series as showing "why they are worthy of their place in the Marvel Universe". Those aren't the words someone uses to describe a book that is taking a franchise off the board.

"Death of" events never result in everyone dying. Death of x did not lead to all the x-men dying, death of the family did not kill anyone in the family, death of everyone in Invincible saw almost everyone live, etc. There is no financial gain in "death of" events being final, as it alienates the fanbase and doesn't get anyone new to jump onboard. the only time they ever actually kill the character is when the "death of event" is a springboard for new concepts, like Death of Wolverine being used to launch All New Wolverine and OML. Otherwise you are better off just throwing the characters into limbo until you can find away to make them profitable again.

Further why would marvel use their "next big thing" writer Cates on a franchise they have no long term interest in.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I know the Inhuman push didn't work out like Marvel was hoping but this is kinda drastic.

So long as Ms. Marvel's safe I'm cool.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Incredible Member

I would like to see a book just featuring the entire Royal Family once this is finished. Don't care about the Nu-Humans in the least. Kill them if you have to kill anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    So long as Ms. Marvel's safe I'm cool.
    I think Kamala and Lunella are safe. It’s just Lockjaw that I’m worried about.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Kinda stupid to take this literally. Considering Royals ended some time ago, the real bad sign for Inhumans would be if there was nothing going on for them.

Anyone but Lockjaw
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Yes! This is awesome news!

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I actually think the name is kind of genius. Inhumans fans will buy the book anyway. This name could actually bring some of the haters too.
    The creative team is awesome, especially Cates.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

^ Honestly, that's what worries me. If the goal with the name is to attract the haters too, they're going to want to please them with a story that meets their expectations.

I'll be prepared for much sadness and anger. I'm mainly hoping for a good story, but I also would like it to be a good story that allows for future stories. Cates described it as a series. I still suspect mini-series, but I don't want a one-shot.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Amazing Member

Kill off the Inhumans, and bring back the Eternals.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

They should do more with the Eternals. I don't see why one has to be killed off for the other, though.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member

Meh, can't say I'll care if they decide to eliminate the Royal Family considering they're all a bunch of elitist pricks imo. That being said I'd still rather they keep Karnak running around as a solo character, think Warren Ellis did a great job making him an interesting character more or less independent of his position as adviser to the rest of the Royal Family.

As for the rest I actually rather like the Nuhumans and the concept behind them, Marvel just need to focus on making them their own community instead of trying to lump them in with the rest of the Inhumans on (New) Attilan. I know they already tried to make a group with Secret Warriors but honestly that felt like a train wreck from the word go (sorry to people who liked it) that really only accomplished destroying all Dante's character development and relationships from his initial launch. For what the team was trying/supposed to be its roster was pretty random and had generally bad chemistry. The team could have had potential as the Inhuman's version of X-Force serving as a black ops squad for New Attilan or something similar, even then would have benefited from a retooled roster (Mosaic anyone) working under Karnak.

I really doubt that they're going to wipe out the Inhumans, even if they do it's most likely going to be the majority of characters that nobody really cares about. More than likely Marvel is just going to relocate them back into space and hope that people go back to forgetting about them.