Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Whoever dies or lives, I bet it's going to be a while before we see anyone from the royal family again in comics properly

This could be either an strategy to relaunch the inhumans or a way to push them down until the tv series (and all the poor handling in comics) has been forgotten.
    Also, why it have to be the earth inhumans? Could be than the inhumans from the other planets will die.
    And fear not for Luna, Kamala and the rest. They will be fine. Who knows, they could be revealed as never been inhumans at all and their characters would not change in anything relevant.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Despite the show bombing and the last couple books being subpar, I don't see 'em going anywhere, at least not longterm. Lockjaw, Ms. Marvel, Quake + Moon Girl are almost guaranteed safety. And of the Royal Family, Black Bolt & Medusa are popular enough to keep around.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    This could be either an strategy to relaunch the inhumans or a way to push them down until the tv series (and all the poor handling in comics) has been forgotten.
    Also, why it have to be the earth inhumans? Could be than the inhumans from the other planets will die.
    And fear not for Luna, Kamala and the rest. They will be fine. Who knows, they could be revealed as never been inhumans at all and their characters would not change in anything relevant.
    Artist Ariel Olivetti shared several sketches from the book on his social medias, one of which showed the Universal Inhumans, so you might be onto something here. It looks like this might be a massive scale event that affect all Inhumans for some reason.

Also, I'm guessing you mean Lunella (Moon Girl) and not Luna? 'Cause the only Luna the Inhumans have is Luna Maximoff, who's definitely a part of the core of the Inhumans franchise, being the daughter of their princess and all. So I don't think it'd be that easy to disassociate her from the group as it would be for a character like Kamala.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-29-2018 at 03:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    now the inhuman fans can enjoy what we xmen fans have had to endure since no more mutants. enjoy!!
    How many X-Books were there after Decimation?

What percentage of X-characters died because of it?

House of M ended in 2005. Looking at 2006, there were:

Astonishing X-Men
    Cable and Deadpool
    Exiles
    New Excalibur
    New X-Men
    X-Factor
    X-Men
    X-Men Unlimited
    Uncanny X-Men
    Wolverine
    Wolverine: Origins

12 titles? I'm doubtful of that, but I appreciate your enthusiasm.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The irony of the title is hilarious, but it doesn't mean anything when you remember Death Of X led to the X-line getting MORE books.
    I doubt this series is going to lead to a resurgence in Inhuman books

Astonishing Member

Cates seems rather excited about this (mini?) series, I think he'll do just fine without people worrying about his career.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Cates seems rather excited about this (mini?) series, I think he'll do just fine without people worrying about his career.
    He pitched the book at the retreat, he wasn't told "do an Inhumans book" like some people like to suggest when it comes to big talent working on Inhumans.

It was his pitch from the beginning and it was quite well received by the other writers that heard it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    He pitched the book at the retreat, he wasn't told "do an Inhumans book" like some people like to suggest when it comes to big talent working on Inhumans.

It was his pitch from the beginning and it was quite well received by the other writers that heard it.
    I'm not thrilled with the concept but it should be interesting nonetheless.

Certainly previous generations or iterations of Inhumans and Eternals would have met, had commerce, possibly intermarried, etc. Malestrom comes to mind, though that was a Deviant, the sorta cousin to Eternals.

Now a story set in the past would be interesting. Let's throw it back only a hundred, ten, twenty years ago, and you may be able to tie in to either Mr. Sinister or High Evolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    A reliable stream of 6-10 ongoings at all times? Wheuu!!!
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

There were tooooo many mutants - certainly to me beyond the suspension of belief that they were this horridly oppressed minority. Although I liked, back in the day, mutants like Skids (loved the first version of X-factor!), her powers were similar to Invisible Woman's force field (and she was blond to boot!)

What happened with mutants is it became a gravy train for artists and creators and eventually they ran out of original mutant powers and started repeating their own, plus powers of other characters. Not.very.original. (which is why I dropped them over 2 decades ago)

BANNED

I hope Medusa gets yet a new boyfriend that isn't her husband.

It's a nice trend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    I hope Medusa gets yet a new boyfriend that isn't her husband.

It's a nice trend.
    Will all her hair fall out...AGAIN?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    There were tooooo many mutants - certainly to me beyond the suspension of belief that they were this horridly oppressed minority. Although I liked, back in the day, mutants like Skids (loved the first version of X-factor!), her powers were similar to Invisible Woman's force field (and she was blond to boot!)

What happened with mutants is it became a gravy train for artists and creators and eventually they ran out of original mutant powers and started repeating their own, plus powers of other characters. Not.very.original. (which is why I dropped them over 2 decades ago)
    Well, Quasada has that kind of thinking and Wanda got another job as the Mutant Population Manager after Bendis made her into an Averagers Decimating Device.

I agree with the repeated theme, they kinda just nuked their population so they can pull the minority aspect onw more time, with more following.