Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Immortal Men is cancelled as of issue 6. Not in the October solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Immortal Men is cancelled as of issue 6. Not in the October solicits.
    Two posts back:
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, New Challengers was announced early on that it would be a six-issue series, and now there's word The Immortal Men will end at issue #6.

Anything else being said yet?

So, all the remaining titles are pretty much certain to reach 13 issues (12 +annual). It's not so bad for new characters and teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So, all the remaining titles are pretty much certain to reach 13 issues (12 +annual). It's not so bad for new characters and teams.
    Any particular reason you're saying "pretty much certain" of that happening?

Well, The Unexpected aren't even 3 issues in yet (even if it'll be out tomorrow) and only reach issue 5 in the solicitations, even if Orlando kind of confirmed that it should be at least 12.

Which makes me wonder... I'm afraid The Silencer will end at issue 12 because of the sales, but I think Terrifics, Sideways and Damage should reach at least 18, and the Unexpected and Brimstone may end at 12, depending on the sales too.

I hope Ghost Fist sticks around even if Immortal Men is ending. I love the pulp hero vibe. I’m hoping he shows up in Detective Comics and teams up with the Batfamily.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I hope Ghost Fist sticks around even if Immortal Men is ending. I love the pulp hero vibe.
    To me, the concept of Ghost Fist could have a "pulp hero vibe", but so far Tynion hasn't really displayed one in his imitation-"early-Image-Comics" writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m hoping he shows up in Detective Comics and teams up with the Batfamily.
    Considering the only Bat-family book I even somewhat like these days has been Batgirl, I don't need Ghost Fist showing up in any of the Bat-books.
    However, if DC ever brings back Golden Age Sandman/Sandman Mystery Theatre, I'd love to see Ghost Fist encounter guys like Wes Dodds, the Crimson Avenger, Nathaniel Dusk, Doctor Mid-Nite, . . .

Mighty Member

Default New Age DC

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The Teriffics is the only one that MIGHT last over 2 years.

Of the other 3 to come out, Sideways and Damage are not off to a good start, certainly not helped by the former being a Spidey-clone and written by DiDio and the latter, from what I've heard, being an awful book with no substance, and Silencer is about to drop well below 20k with its third issue.

And really, those were the books I've heard the most excitement for, again, outside of Teriffics. If they're flopping, I can only imagine how bad the other 3 ongoings will do.
    Not sure where you are getting your info from but your reflexive hatred of DiDio not withstanding Sideways is a great book and Damage has more substance than you can obviously handle. Think PTSD and other Veteran issues. Silencer is a victim of core DC fans only buying Bat titles and little else. It's hard for new readers to jump on board if they think something is going to be cancelled because of comments like this. Since you posted this diatribe have you bought or read any of these titles? Not that it will make much difference in your opinion.

Damage is imo popular not so much because the writings amazing but because its very popcorn esque. Sometimes you want a dark noir complex Batman story. Other times you just want Damage to smash ****. Theres room for both in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    Not sure where you are getting your info from but your reflexive hatred of DiDio not withstanding Sideways is a great book and Damage has more substance than you can obviously handle. Think PTSD and other Veteran issues. Silencer is a victim of core DC fans only buying Bat titles and little else. It's hard for new readers to jump on board if they think something is going to be cancelled because of comments like this. Since you posted this diatribe have you bought or read any of these titles? Not that it will make much difference in your opinion.
    Assam expressed an opinion; you're expressing an opinion, not a fact.

Besides, you're arguing with a post that's over four months old and with a user that's been perma-banned, so your words may be falling on deaf ears.

Mighty Member

Default New Age DC

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Damage is imo popular not so much because the writings amazing but because its very popcorn esque. Sometimes you want a dark noir complex Batman story. Other times you just want Damage to smash ****. Theres room for both in DC.
    Now here's a fan who knows what they are talking about! Absolutely correct in every way. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Which is the reason why the last few issues of Damage haven’t been that good. The first issues were fun because he was fighting a different DC powerhouse in each story. Not only has the art been disappointing but he hasn’t fought anyone very fun. They should have had Damage fight Superman while there was still hype and momentum. If that brawl does happen, I hope they get a better artist to draw it.

Mighty Member

Default New Age DC

Besides, you're arguing with a post that's over four months old and with a user that's been perma-banned, so your words may be falling on deaf ears.
    So this individual may have been a flamer and is now banned. I don't look at the dates of these things. I am interested in supporting the NAOH titles and my comments were based on the fact that by his own admission hadn't even read the comics for the most part. The fact that you see little value in these books is unfortunate because these are great books and that's a fact not an opinion. I value your time spent on this website don't take it the wrong way we all learn a lot from you. If the issue is a thread is a few months old then take it down. This still covers titles currently available so I see it as still relevant for comment. Have you considered a full blown column for this site? I think it would be great to see here. Have a good day.

Ultimate Member

So while they are both opinions-one is based on a a fact of reading the material in question.

If I go by Alton-he has read the books in question. So I can take his opinion on if the books are good or bad because he READ them.

The other has NOT read them and as we have seen with that OTHER company-that is the group whose opinions get take as fact and a toxic environment is formed. A guy one youtube (not that one) is doing that now-saying these NAOH books will do what Ms Marvel & Wasp have done-close down comic book stores. Yet the last time he read a book from DC or Marvel-Milestone was still publishing comics in 1997.
    And he got plenty of folks believing it. And no matter how much data you show them-like how some of the trades for these books on Amazon have higher numbers than books with Hal Jordan or X-Men and bigger names. They don't care.

I am going to trust the person who READ the book versus the guy who makes up stuff.

Ultimate Member

So while they are both opinions-one is based on a a fact of reading the material in question.

If I go by Alton-he has read the books in question. So I can take his opinion on if the books are good or bad because he READ them.

The other has NOT read them and as we have seen with that OTHER company-that is the group whose opinions get take as fact and a toxic environment is formed. A guy one youtube (not that one) is doing that now-saying these NAOH books will do what Ms Marvel & Wasp have done-close down comic book stores. Yet the last time he read a book from DC or Marvel-Milestone was still publishing comics in 1997.
    And he got plenty of folks believing it. And no matter how much data you show them-like how some of the trades for these books on Amazon have higher numbers than books with Hal Jordan or X-Men and bigger names. They don't care.

I am going to trust the person who READ the book versus the guy who makes up stuff.