Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New Age of Heroes...Which titles will last the longest and which ends first?

I'm planning on giving all of them a good chance, aside from the brimstone title, not for me at all.

So far (for me):

Terrific
    The Terrifics

Really good
    Damage
    The Silencer

ok
    Sideways

The Immortal Men and the New Challengers previews looks very interesting.

Haven't seen anything on the other 2 titles really.

My guess is that The Terrifics and Damage last the longest and brimstone and the unexpected go out first.
    Last edited by CoffeeCup; 03-28-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Damage, being basically DC's take on Hulk, could tread similar waters that Marvel does with Hulk, or they could go in a different direction.

BANNED

I think putting "New" in the title of something is the kiss of death. So that one might go first.

Astonishing Member

The Terrifics is the only title that I'm trying...because it has 3 characters that I already know.

After being a DC comic fan for decades, I am beyond tired of investing myself in new characters that will only disappear onto a shelf in Limbo. So I don't.

Good luck to the Challengers.

Long lasting:
    Terrifics

Should last longer than they probably will:
    Silencer (looks good, but it seems too much like Mother Panic and Kate Spencer Manhunter, one of which is still going)
    The Unexpected (also looks good, and Marvel's not using the Defenders, unfortunately they're all new characters which brings no built-in reader base)
    Challengers of the Unknown (looks great, but DC Comics readers tend to balk at non-superhero comics. Would probably do much better if they put an Image or Dark Horse logo sticker over the DC logo)

Probably won't last:
    Damage (got flak for not being THAT Damage, and it's really just Doomsday)
    Sideways (Spider-Man type characters are a hard sell, unless they're Spider-Man)
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I think that, barring the mini-séries (like New Challengers and by the way, I would like a preview for this one, I hadn't seen one yet, if it's out), all the NAoH books will last at least a year and a half, perhaps more. Those I suspect will last the longer are :

-The Terrifics (thanks to the presence of well known characters)
    -The Unexpected, Immortal Men and Sideways, because they appeared in the epilogue of Metal and will probably deal heavily with its aftermath, and all the mysteries surrounding the Dark Multiverse, the Crises and all that cosmic stuff

Those I hope will last just as long are all the others, but especially The Silencer. I really like Honor Guest as a character, so I hope she'll stick around for a long time !

New Challangers was previewed in Doomsday Clock #4, at least.

BANNED

The Teriffics is the only one that MIGHT last over 2 years.

Of the other 3 to come out, Sideways and Damage are not off to a good start, certainly not helped by the former being a Spidey-clone and written by DiDio and the latter, from what I've heard, being an awful book with no substance, and Silencer is about to drop well below 20k with its third issue.

And really, those were the books I've heard the most excitement for, again, outside of Teriffics. If they're flopping, I can only imagine how bad the other 3 ongoings will do.

I'm surprised anyone likes Damage. It's one of those books where every issue has a SPECIAL QUEST STAR FROM THE DCU whose only role in the story is to tell the audience, "wow, that Damage guy is really strong."

Other than that, I won'd have high hope for this initiative. Seems a little TOO derivative for a supposed "New Age" but Terrifics and Sideways have been interesting. I think I like Sideways more because of the new characters that already seem to be fleshing out. Silencer.... I don't see that lasting too long cause it's a spy comic.

I could see The Terrifics maintaining an ongoing from here on. It's starting off great with characters people love and a concept that is engaging.

I can't speak for what ends first because I'd rather not doom a book just because it may not interest me at this time.

Damage is just a Hulk rip-off. A combination of the classic Hulk and recent characters Weapon H and Red Hulk II. Won't last long.

Challengers will be first to go, as it's already confirmed to just be a mini.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

Of the other 3 to come out, Sideways and Damage are not off to a good start, certainly not helped by the former being a Spidey-clone and written by DiDio and the latter, from what I've heard, being an awful book with no substance, and Silencer is about to drop well below 20k with its third issue.
    Where did you get the numbers for The Silencer please ? I would be so sad to see it falling so fast, it's really great. hopefully (and in a strange paradox), perhaps that Bogdanovic at the pencil would do more for the book than Romita, whose style can be off-putting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Where did you get the numbers for The Silencer please ? I would be so sad to see it falling so fast, it's really great. hopefully (and in a strange paradox), perhaps that Bogdanovic at the pencil would do more for the book than Romita, whose style can be off-putting.
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-02.html

Silencer #2: 21,003

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Thanks ! Hopefully, the drop won't be too terrible issue to issue here. I really want Honor to find a niche, even for one or two years, so she can be used in other stories and more popular books later on.

Fantastic Member

The Hanna-Barbers books are still going on and they sell terribly so I expect these to last for quite a while. Dan Didio already said he won’t cancel titles early like the New 52 and so far he’s kept to that promise.