Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Bishop movie...?

Ryan Coogler mentioned that Bishop was another favored character of his. Should Marvel push for a solo movie seeing what he did with Black Panther. Who would this movie star?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

No Marvel should push for Blade and then Storm imo.

Bishop should be a main character in X-MEN for MCU though.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

I don't think Alt. reality characters should flood the franchise when there are so many that haven't even been given life.

Cable is one thing with Deadpool because they don't seem to be getting into the whole Scott/Maddy crap. Bishop should've left decades ago. There was never a true traitor to the Xmen like it was hyped.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Ryan Coogler mentioned that Bishop was another favored character of his. Should Marvel push for a solo movie seeing what he did with Black Panther. Who would this movie star?
    No. Bishop doesnt need a solo movie
    X-Men Forever

Bishop is barely a solo character.

That said, there's a big empty spot where male minority mutants should be.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I don't think Alt. reality characters should flood the franchise when there are so many that haven't even been given life.

Cable is one thing with Deadpool because they don't seem to be getting into the whole Scott/Maddy crap. Bishop should've left decades ago. There was never a true traitor to the Xmen like it was hyped.
    Well yes there was, it ended up being Xavier. That being said there's amazing stories that can be crafted with a character that has enough history to be relevant but can still be fleshed out into way where future writers can place Bishop in a place of prominence in X-books. Far as the point you're trying to make, Blade was known of but was sitting in a dust bin before he resurrected the concept of Marvel movies.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

You don't have give him the future angle. He can just be a former cop or military man.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    You don't have give him the future angle. He can just be a former cop or military man.
    His future backstory is a big part of what makes him interesting. They dont have to do that but removing it removes a quintessential element of the character

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    His future backstory is a big part of what makes him interesting imo.

Fixed

Having Bishop as an actual character on screen with lod etc > future imo

There's always some kinda of excuse why Bishop can't be this or that. The future crap hinders his character

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

No Marvel should push for Blade and then Storm imo.

Bishop should be a main character in X-MEN for MCU though.
    Storm is not getting her own movie... it's too hard to justify the existence of other characters with her as an X-Man, much less out by herself. I guess you'd have to take away her powers or something, but... I suppose it's possible. Unlikely, but possible.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Storm is not getting her own movie... it's too hard to justify the existence of other characters with her as an X-Man, much less out by herself. I guess you'd have to take away her powers or something, but... I suppose it's possible. Unlikely, but possible.
    You could say the same for Gambit

One of these days I'll share my DOFP retcon that makes Rachel Summers, Bishop, the XSE, Cable, Stryfe, Nimrod, and Ahab all part of the same alternate future context.

Fixed

Having Bishop as an actual character on screen with lod etc > future imo

There's always some kinda of excuse why Bishop can't be this or that. The future crap hinders his character
    There was nothing to fix. Its my words. Obviously its my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There was nothing to fix. Its my words. Obviously its my opinion
    Idk I just interpret everything you say matter-of-fact. You're always pompous about stuff

BANNED

I'm all for a Bishop Movie in the MCU. My first choice for the leading role would be Idris Alba.