Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Metal event miniseries and Diana

So, I have not read the Metal miniseries (should I?), but I've read about it and that Diana has a significant part to play (does she?) in the finale of the series that ended with issue six this week.

Has anyone read the series? Did you like it? Do you have a synopsis of Diana's involvement across the series and the conclusion and how that might affect her, her role and status quo, the Amazons, her supporting characters (Donna and Cassie especially), her villains, and/or the DCU in general in the pages of Wonder Woman or heading into Justice League: No Justice?

I'm assuming the upcoming Dark Gods coming up in Wonder Woman have a connection to the Dark Multiverse shown in Metal.

Anything we should be discussing? Inquiring minds here and all...

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I've read the series all of it really there was a tie-in for the Merciless a Wonder Woman and Batman mash that's about a Batman who became the new God of War by taking Ares's helmet and killing him and then under it's influence killed his Diana. The Merciless tie-in also included a story where he attacked where all the heads of the US military's more weird branches including Samuel Lane, Amanda Waller, Bones of the DEO, Father Time and Steve Trevor were meeting. And he captured them all. Also in regard to Diana's role she led a charge on an unrelated story involving Mongol and Diana also went with Kendra Saunder aka Hawkgirl to look for more Nth metal to defeat the main antagonist Barbatos. Kendra became a pawn of Barbatos but Diana was able to free her only for them to get get sucked to Gotham where Barbatos was planning to unleash all the nightmares of the Dark Multiverse. And there she saved Batman and Superman from a Hawkman who was under the control of Barbatos and she and the Justice League gain silver armour made of what is known as Tenth Metal which was what they use dot defeat Barbatos with along with a plan from Batman. As far as the Dark Gods could be concern the ending could be born out of someone's dark desires as the ending reignited something known as the Forge of Worlds opening up the Source Wall creating the chances for unlimited possibilities to happen.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-29-2018 at 10:14 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Diana completely rocks it in Metal #6. There is a great scene between her and Kendra where it is explicitly stated that Diana is the only one who can go into the heart of the Dark and save the day.

spoilers:
    Both Batman and Superman 'fell' to the nightmares of the Dark in the course of the series (in differing ways but they basically couldn't get free). Diana and the Truth she represents was able to get them out, pretty much give hope to the rest of the heroes and then they all save the day together.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Diana completely rocks it in Metal #6. There is a great scene between her and Kendra where it is explicitly stated that Diana is the only one who can go into the heart of the Dark and save the day.

spoilers:
    Both Batman and Superman 'fell' to the nightmares of the Dark in the course of the series (in differing ways but they basically couldn't get free). Diana and the Truth she represents was able to get them out, pretty much give hope to the rest of the heroes and then they all save the day together.
    end of spoilers
    That was good to help bring a little balance to the whole Batgod problem. It wouldn't look good if Batman was the one who bailed Diana out

In Metal 5, and especially 6, Diana was pretty kickass. She brought Kendra back from being mind controlled, fought a literal army of other world enemies, and helped bring Bruce and Clark out of the Dark Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    That was good to help bring a little balance to the whole Batgod problem. It wouldn't look good if Batman was the one who bailed Diana out
    Yup. And it even...

spoilers:
    ends with Batman being somewhat humble (for hm) and thankful to everyone else for basically bailing him out and how awesome they all are to him.
    end of spoilers

Thanks for the synopsis and the insights into Diana's role in Metal everyone - nice to read that she's the one doing the saving of a couple of important characters and then rallies the super-metahuman troops!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Thanks for the synopsis and the insights into Diana's role in Metal everyone - nice to read that she's the one doing the saving of a couple of important characters and then rallies the super-metahuman troops!
    Glad to be of service and it is surprising given how Scott Snyder has been a proponent of making Batman into a god and it's gotten to the point you think no one even needs the Justice League to defend the Earth Batman's enough. So at least he knew how to use Diana at the very least.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-30-2018 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Yup. And it even...

spoilers:
    ends with Batman being somewhat humble (for hm) and thankful to everyone else for basically bailing him out and how awesome they all are to him.
    end of spoilers
    That is very surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Glad to be of service and it is surprising given how Scott Snyder has been a proponent of making Batman into a god and it's gotten to the point you think no one even needs the Justice League to defend the Earth Batman's enough. So at least he knew how to use Diana at the very least.
    Exactly. Morrison’s Batgod needs a rest. And the irony of this development being ushered in by Barbatos is not lost on me.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Exactly. Morrison’s Batgod needs a rest. And the irony of this development being ushered in by Barbatos is not lost on me.
    It is very ironic that the defeat of Barbatos the Batgod more or less signaled the end of Batman's Batgod treatment. Now Superman should be playing a bigger role since he is doing that Tom King's Sanctuary.

It's more my personal feeling more than anything else, but I really felt that Diana saved the Multiverse in this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It's more my personal feeling more than anything else, but I really felt that Diana saved the Multiverse in this event.
    Yeah! While it was a team effort she was certainly the 'Most Valuable Player' in this and was the only one that could have turned defeat into victory.

I think Snyder really did good by her in this.

This has me wondering if Diana's bracelets are back to being unique. They make a point in calling them Eighth Metal (With Ninth/Nth Metal being Thanagarian and Tenth Metal being of the new gods) So are they unique now? Or is this all Olympian Weaponry.

This also set her up to be over Magic it seems, especially with her now leading JL Dark.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    This has me wondering if Diana's bracelets are back to being unique. They make a point in calling them Eighth Metal (With Ninth/Nth Metal being Thanagarian and Tenth Metal being of the new gods) So are they unique now? Or is this all Olympian Weaponry.

This also set her up to be over Magic it seems, especially with her now leading JL Dark.
    Yeah, I wonder if Eighth Metal will be the Metal of the Non-New Gods gods/Zeus and Athena's aegis or if it'll be Amazonium like back in the day.