Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I remember they tried to make them all "working class" heroes in Marvel Knights. Ben worked with a construction company and Sue was a teacher. I don't remember for sure what Reed's job was...maybe he was job hunting? It was controversial whether or not it was in continuity because Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa's stories about them working regular jobs and living in an apartment didn't sync up with Waid's Fantastic Four.
    Reed's job was to track Sue down whenever she felt like going on dates with Namor behind his back.

He could have solved their financial issues easily. He thought that them all carrying on like normal people would strengthen them, as a family unit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Is Johnny even qualified to do anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by https://www1.nyc.gov/site/fdny/jobs/career-paths/firefighter-eligibility-requirements.page
    To be Hired as a New York City Firefighter, You Must:

Pass both the computer-based test and physical ability test.
    Be a U.S. citizen at the time of appointment.
    Be at least 21 years of age by time of appointment.
    Be able to prove your identity and the right to obtain employment in the United States under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
    Pass medical and psychological tests, as well as a drug screening.*
    Demonstrate proof of good character and pass a background investigation.
    Be able to understand and be understood in English.
    Hold a valid New York State motor vehicle driver's license.
    Be a resident of one of the five boroughs of New York City or live in Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk or Westchester County.

Education/Military/Work Experience Eligibility

By the date of appointment, have a four-year high school diploma or its educational* equivalent.**
    Have at least 15 college semester credits earned at an accredited college or university.*
    OR, for applicants with a military service background, must have full-time military service with an honorable discharge.
    OR, six months of full-time, satisfactory, paid work experience.

Other Requirements

In addition, you will be required to be a Certified First Responder with Defibrillation Certificate (CFR-D) by the end of your probationary period. FDNY provides a CFR-D training program during the probationary Firefighter training course.* Once the training course is successfully completed and you receive your certificate, $30 per pay period will be deducted until the total cost of the training course is covered.* Those who fail to obtain a CFR-D by the end of the probation period will be terminated.
    Most likely.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Wasn't Johnny a firefighter at one point? Was it the Marvel Knight run? I think that's a cool idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    He was, but I think that was a "Tsunami" line. Scottie Young was the artist.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Is Johnny even qualified to do anything?
    I read that issue. Johnny was qualified by the FNDY to give courses in fire safety and prevention.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Agree. Mole Man works as a joke here and there.

Red Ghost is horribly lame.

Frightful Four are sometimes cool, but need to be more serious.

Fasaud should return.

U Foes should be FF enemys by now

More mutant foes because of the kids

Avengers foes could work too
    Now here is a poster who has my praise. The Frightful Four have been my favorite foes since they were introduced in 1965. However, the FF writers in recent decades have treated them unfairly. The Frightful Four need to be made the true equals of the Fantastic Four, not a laughing stock. I recommend that an evil alternate Universe Medusa be made a permanent member of the Frightful Four and give her some mental powers to go along with her deadly hair. The evil FF were at their best when Medusa was a member of the team. Since Marvel will not make the original Medusa evil now, the only solution is to bring an evil one in from an alternate Universe, and make her more powerful than the good Medusa, so evil Medusa can be just as powerful as Susan Storm.

I'd like to see some new vehicles. An underwater vehicle, a space ship, a tunneling vehicle and an airplane.

I think there's been variations on all of those throughout FF's history. Not sure if they've been used recently of course....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Paul O'Neal View Post
    I always thought the U-Foes would make great additions to the FF's rogues gallery. So would the Leader and the rest of the Intelligencia (heck, a few already are FF rogues). I think the later iterations of the Mandarin - manipulative businessman with alien technology - would make quite a contrast with Reed. Since Slott has worked on making Doctor Octopus a legitimate world-class super villain, I think he'd be a great enemy for the FF. And with Franklin being probably the most powerful mutant ever born, I thought a confrontation with Apocalypse and some iteration of his Four Horsemen would be a natural storyline for the Fantastic Four.
    Yeah, I've always found it a bit strange that the U-foes, villains who tried to replicate the FF, pretty much have just fought the Hulk and the Avengers instead of the team they're patterned after.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah, I've always found it a bit strange that the U-foes, villains who tried to replicate the FF, pretty much have just fought the Hulk and the Avengers instead of the team they're patterned after.
    I so wanted to see a U-Foe powered Super-Skrull during the Invasion storyline, since the first Super-Skrull had the powers of the Fantastic Four. The U-Foes were similar examples of four cosmic-ray empowered people, and so seemed totally appropriate to be a template for a Super-Skrull.

And yeah, I'd definitely like to see more of the Wizard, in particular, if not all of the Frightful Four. He's supposed to be insanely smart, and yet kind of goes unnoticed, while people who weren't even in his league, IMO, like Otto Octavius and Norman Osborne, have gotten huge pushes. Same with the Mad Thinker, who at least got a little bit of a shine from the Civil War retcon that he was the one who tricked Reed into supporting the Registration Act (even if that was done primarily to absolve Reed of some of the stink that got on Stark from that event).

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like to see some new vehicles. An underwater vehicle, a space ship, a tunneling vehicle and an airplane.
    The FF already have all of those, but some of them are just glimpses. Slott gave them a tunneling vehicle after they (actually Alpha) subdued Giganto in Amazing Spider-Man.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I so wanted to see a U-Foe powered Super-Skrull during the Invasion storyline, since the first Super-Skrull had the powers of the Fantastic Four. The U-Foes were similar examples of four cosmic-ray empowered people, and so seemed totally appropriate to be a template for a Super-Skrull.

And yeah, I'd definitely like to see more of the Wizard, in particular, if not all of the Frightful Four. He's supposed to be insanely smart, and yet kind of goes unnoticed, while people who weren't even in his league, IMO, like Otto Octavius and Norman Osborne, have gotten huge pushes. Same with the Mad Thinker, who at least got a little bit of a shine from the Civil War retcon that he was the one who tricked Reed into supporting the Registration Act (even if that was done primarily to absolve Reed of some of the stink that got on Stark from that event).
    He went crazy, developed a god complex, and was invited to lead a splinter group for A.I.M. His clone is in the Future Foundation. He has had a few good showings over the years. But I try to ignore his time with the Hood's gang.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

It would probably be a disappointing fight. Vector isn't that much of a strategist. They missed a real opportunity to use them as the FF during Dark Reign.

So is two in one ending after six issues?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    So is two in one ending after six issues?

Thanks in advance
    No, it's carrying on alongside the new FF book.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I remember they tried to make them all "working class" heroes in Marvel Knights. Ben worked with a construction company and Sue was a teacher. I don't remember for sure what Reed's job was...maybe he was job hunting? It was controversial whether or not it was in continuity because Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa's stories about them working regular jobs and living in an apartment didn't sync up with Waid's Fantastic Four.
    Probably the most underrated run in 00s. MK Fantastic Four was solid gold.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius