Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Typical Marvel. Just ripping off The Terrifics.
    It’s the other way around.

Hell, the Terrifics aren’t even a family.
    Last edited by Rod G; 03-29-2018 at 11:23 AM.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I'm excited for the return and I hope Dan Slott has fun. I'm also worried about what's going to happen to Doctor Doom given he's the most well known Fantastic Four villain. Say what you will but where do you go after God Emperor over all creation? Infamous Iron man was pretty good and the idea is a fairly good one considering heroic Doctor Doom has worked in the past. All I hope is Dan avoids the usual trappings of a Doctor Doom story and actually moves forwards than backwards with the character. I want to see Victor move forward in life, not having yet another dick raising contest with Reed.

Dan of all times to use Doctor Octopus instead, now is the time.
    Couldn't agree with you more. I hope Doom doesn't appear in the title for a while and if he does return, not as a villain. In many ways, Doom had outgrown the Fantastic Four over the years. He's had several solo series and numerous appearances all over the MU.

I'd like to see him continue on this path to redemption. He may fail sometimes but I'd like to think Reed wants him to get there, based on their last fight in Secret Wars.

Now I wonder what Val will think of her Uncle Doom now?

Anyone apprehensive about Slott should take a look at his Silver Surfer run. It had a heavy Kirby influence (also thanks to artist Mike Allred), and I think could be a better indication of the kind of cosmic, out-of-the-box ideas we could potentially see on his FF compared to his more divisive Amazing Spider-Man run. I also recall his run on the short-lived Thing series years ago was much beloved.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    It’s the other way around.

Hell, the Terrifics aren’t even a family.
    Pssst. That's the joke.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

About. Damn. Time.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Anyone apprehensive about Slott should take a look at his Silver Surfer run. It had a heavy Kirby influence (also thanks to artist Mike Allred), and I think could be a better indication of the kind of cosmic, out-of-the-box ideas we could potentially see on his FF compared to his more divisive Amazing Spider-Man run. I also recall his run on the short-lived Thing series years ago was much beloved.
    I have to disagree, it felt like a wannabe Dr. Who.

Well all the characters and teams that everyone has been complaining about have been removed/replaced are back.... So we can expect to see a surge in Marvel sales since all the people who claimed they stopped reading Marvel because of all the changes got what they wanted, right?

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Really glad to have 'em back. Slott is a solid pick for this, and Zdarsky is doing marvelous work on 2-In-1. Good to have my favorite team (and 2nd favorite franchise) in comics on very good hands. Welcome back, F4!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Least you could have done was link the Season 2 intro with the better animation.
    But this has the superior theme

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Heck yes! I'm so happy right now. I didn't really start reading Marvel comics (not counting the X-men graphic novels) till like 2016 but by then the Fantastic Four comics was already canceled, luckily for Marvel Unlimited I was able to read a lot of their stories. Invisible Woman and Val became some of my favorite Marvel characters out there. I'm glad that they are back. I hope the book is a success.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

With this and all the other titles coming out this summer, this is the most excited I've been about Marvel in my life!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If anyone doubts Slott they just need to read his criminally under read Thing series. This man gets Ben Grimm, and if he get the rest of the team as well as he did the Thing this book should be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. I hope Doom doesn't appear in the title for a while and if he does return, not as a villain. In many ways, Doom had outgrown the Fantastic Four over the years. He's had several solo series and numerous appearances all over the MU.

I'd like to see him continue on this path to redemption. He may fail sometimes but I'd like to think Reed wants him to get there, based on their last fight in Secret Wars.

Now I wonder what Val will think of her Uncle Doom now?
    I'm excited about Victor in that Slott is writing both FF and Iron Man. Doom's armor status and his "hero" (yes, I'm putting it in quotes) should have a singular vision across both books most affected by Doom right now.

I'm really interested about how much the family remembers about Secret Wars. Franklin, Val, and Sue may have some really bizarre memories. Reed, I'm assuming will remeber it all as he popped in later on in the eight years. But what do the kids remember? August can't come here fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Thing series was a great little 8 issues run. I'm just psyched the FF are back!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm excited about Victor in that Slott is writing both FF and Iron Man. Doom's armor status and his "hero" (yes, I'm putting it in quotes) should have a singular vision across both books most affected by Doom right now.

I'm really interested about how much the family remembers about Secret Wars. Franklin, Val, and Sue may have some really bizarre memories. Reed, I'm assuming will remeber it all as he popped in later on in the eight years. But what do the kids remember? August can't come here fast enough.
    They will remember the same thing as Ben and Johnny. They 'died' the same time as those two, Reed likely filled them in on Battleworld and God-Doom marrying an alternate Sue.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!