Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

for what's it's worth, two titles have been working very hard to give us shades of the FF in their very painful absence.

marvel-2-in-one and infamous iron man have both been telling very compelling stories about the ff, even if marvel have not been pursuing ff head-on.

i have to say that marvel has felt very incomplete without the first family, and their return is warmly welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    If anyone doubts Slott they just need to read his criminally under read Thing series. This man gets Ben Grimm, and if he get the rest of the team as well as he did the Thing this book should be fantastic.

I didn’t realize that Slott was probably the guy who reformed constrictor. That scores some points with me.

Ultimate Member

Thank God they’re back.

I also hope (and pray) that fans support the book as much as possible.

about time.

Sara Pichelli will do the art. hyped for that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. I hope Doom doesn't appear in the title for a while and if he does return, not as a villain. In many ways, Doom had outgrown the Fantastic Four over the years. He's had several solo series and numerous appearances all over the MU.

I'd like to see him continue on this path to redemption. He may fail sometimes but I'd like to think Reed wants him to get there, based on their last fight in Secret Wars.

Now I wonder what Val will think of her Uncle Doom now?
    Pride, I imagine.

Speaking of Val, she narrated the Legacy one-shot - and somehow knew Jane Foster was Thor. That implies she has similar powers to Gwenpool, as that's knowledge she definitely shouldn't have had.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I didn’t realize that Slott was probably the guy who reformed constrictor. That scores some points with me.
    Scott Lobdell did work reforming him in an issue of Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD and a serial in Marvel Comics Presents. Slott was building off of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    They will remember the same thing as Ben and Johnny. They 'died' the same time as those two, Reed likely filled them in on Battleworld and God-Doom marrying an alternate Sue.
    I'm not so sure. Battleworld's Sue and the kids showed up at the end of SW and somehow seemed to become 616's Sue and the kids. This puts them in a different state than Ben and Johnny.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm not so sure. Battleworld's Sue and the kids showed up at the end of SW and somehow seemed to become 616's Sue and the kids. This puts them in a different state than Ben and Johnny.
    Battleworld Sue and the kids were different from the MU Sue and the kids. Tom B maintained that they were Victor and Sue's biological children and that Sue came from one of the other worlds left at the end. Her Fantastic Four was lead by her father Dr. Franklin Storm. I think he was killed in the days before Doom & Molecule Man had finished putting all the remnants together. It was while Doom was looking to see if there were other surviving Reeds that he found her.

IIRC there was some discussion as to whether or not Black Panther used the Time Gem or The Reality Gem to hit the reset button on things. We saw him and the Wakandan students back at the same point in time when the Black Swan shows up and the first incursion over Earth occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    No it's 100% original Sue and kids, Battleworld Sue disappeared after Reed vs Doom. She was likely sent back to a newly created version of her original universe. Original Sue even mentions Reed saving them when the ark broke off, it seems he may have used Molecule Man to pluck them from that moment without changing the time-stream.

Last edited by Crimz; 03-29-2018 at 01:00 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I kind of wish Reed Still had missing fingers, I thought that would be relevant during Secret War but he had them again almost immediately.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Battleworld Sue and the kids were different from the MU Sue and the kids. Tom B maintained that they were Victor and Sue's biological children and that Sue came from one of the other worlds left at the end.
    How can that be?

Victor and Sue biological kids look exactly the same and have exactly the same "powers" as Reed and Sue kids. They have the same genetic information. What are the odds? Is that even possible to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Thank God they’re back.

I also hope (and pray) that fans support the book as much as possible.
    Me too. I really hope that the book is good an fans actually support it. It's time for people to put their money where their mouth is.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I kind of wish Reed Still had missing fingers, I thought that would be relevant during Secret War but he had them again almost immediately.
    It would be cool if he had some mechanical fingers to replace them. I hope he keeps the beard, it's a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    How can that be?

Victor and Sue biological kids look exactly the same and have exactly the same "powers" as Reed and Sue kids. They have the same genetic information. What are the odds? Is that even possible to begin with?
    It could have been a result of Dooms obsession with Reed so he used his God-powers to influence things.

Battleworld Sue and the kids were different from the MU Sue and the kids. Tom B maintained that they were Victor and Sue's biological children and that Sue came from one of the other worlds left at the end. Her Fantastic Four was lead by her father Dr. Franklin Storm. I think he was killed in the days before Doom & Molecule Man had finished putting all the remnants together. It was while Doom was looking to see if there were other surviving Reeds that he found her.

IIRC there was some discussion as to whether or not Black Panther used the Time Gem or The Reality Gem to hit the reset button on things. We saw him and the Wakandan students back at the same point in time when the Black Swan shows up and the first incursion over Earth occurred.
    I know that the Sue in Battleworld wasn't 616 Sue. It's what happened to that Sue and how she became or was replaced by 616 Sue saying "Reed." in Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    No it's 100% original Sue and kids, Battleworld Sue disappeared after Reed vs Doom. She was likely sent back to a newly created version of her original universe. Original Sue even mentions Reed saving them when the ark broke off, it seems he may have used Molecule Man to pluck them from that moment without changing the time-stream.
    I can deal with this outcome as it handles everything neatly. I can certainly fanwank problems and personality combinations, but bring Sue and the kids to him does happy ending it for him.

I'd wonder why the Future Foundation kids and not Ben and Johnny from an in-story angle. I'd also wonder how Sue knew what was happening with Ben and Johnny. Katie Power knowing about Alex when Ben and Johnny didn't know about Reed seems off as well. But I will accept the bow tying off the SW epic and not worry about how sloppily I may make it out to be. It is just a superhero funny book after all.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Someone please PM me when Galactus makes his first appearance in the new book. I'm dying to see which version of him we get. I'm betting the Devourer will return.