Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Major League Baseball 2018 Season Thread

Welcome everyone to the 2018 season thread. The games have started and lots of cool things already happening. Share your thoughts on your team, other teams and players. You can give predictions for this year as well. Have fun and let the discussions begin!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

My Cubs won today, 8-4. Lester didn't pitch very well, but the Cubs hitter showed up and pounded out 3 home runs and scored 8 runs. Happ, who has been on fire in the spring games, hit the first pitch of the game into the stands for a home run. First time that has happened since Jack Clark did it back in 1986.

Stanton just hit his second HR of the season and has 4 RBI's already. The Yankees are going to hit a ton of HR's and score a lot of runs. Should be fun to watch.

Here's my predictions for this season:

The two prospects that I'm eagerly awaiting to get to their respective major league teams, Ronald Acuna and Vlad Jr. will both be called up by the end of April and go on to win Rookie of the Year in the NL (Acuna) and AL (Vlad Jr.).

Stanton wins AL MVP, Kris Bryant wins NL MVP

Kluber wins AL CY award, Yu Darvish wins NL CY award.

AL East Champions - Yankees
    AL Central Champions - Indians
    AL West Champions - Houston

Two wild card teams - Boston and Minnesota (Boston wins WC)

Houston beats Boston, Yankees beat Indians. Houston beats Yankees and advance to World Series

NL East Champions - Washington
    NL Central Champions - Cubs
    NL West Champions - Dodgers

Two wild card teams - Diamondbacks and Rockies (Diamondbacks win WC)

Cubs beat Diamondbacks, Washington beats Dodgers. Cubs beat Nationals and advance to World Series.

Cubs beat Houston in World Series and are 2018 champions.
    Last edited by The Whovian; 03-29-2018 at 04:14 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

George Springer hit a lead off HR today (he hit one last year too). That's consecutive lead off HR's on opening day for Springer and something no other player has ever done. It's now a baseball record. I love little tidbits like this.

Nick Markakis just hit a walk off HR to beat the Phillies

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

SHIT! The Phillies were up 5-0! Aaron Nola threw less than 70 pitches and was cruising, but our rookie manager panicked in the sixth after allowing a baserunner and the flood gates opened as the bullpen coughed up that lead in losing to Atlanta.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    SHIT! The Phillies were up 5-0! Aaron Nola threw less than 70 pitches and was cruising, but our rookie manager panicked in the sixth after allowing a baserunner and the flood gates opened as the bullpen coughed up that lead in losing to Atlanta.
    I didn't see the highlights yet except for the HR to end it. That would stink being up 5-0 and losing. Have to trust in your SP