Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Count me also for a Brewers Astros series

Yanks Didi Gregorius has to have Tommy John surgery, and will miss part of next season, which is the last year of his current deal with the Yanks. Have to wonder if the Yanks will go all in now on Machado to play short and not worry about what to do with Didi when he gets healthy as they will only have a half a season with him under contract at that point.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

They already have 90 million on the books for next year tied up in four players(Stanton, Tanaka, Ellsbury, and Chapman), would imagine adding the 35 or so million of what Machado's probably going to demand would make it real hard for them to address their other glaring needs
    Last edited by Hiromi; 10-12-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    They already have 90 million on the books for next year tied up in four players(Stanton, Tanaka, Ellsbury, and Chapman), would imagine adding the 35 or so million of what Machado's probably going to demand would make it real hard for them to address their other glaring needs
    If the Red Sox get past Houston and to the World Series, perhaps win it, you can bet the mortgage, your 401k and the kid’s college fund the Yanks will most definitely go after Machado, luxury tax be damned.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Oh look, Kershaw looking good at home against a team of post season rookies didn't actually translate to him suddenly having fixed his post season issues, who'd have thunk it.

I think the Astros acquiring Verlander might be the most impactful move any MLB team has made in the last few years

Looking more and more like a rematch of last year for the World Series.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Looking more and more like a rematch of last year for the World Series.
    Except now both league defending champs are down 2-1 in their respective series.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Ugh, I just want the series evened up tomorrow.

Both series even now. Wow.

Not sure I'd call a 13-inning battle/victory in your own house a momentum shift, like many hardcore Dodger fans seem to think. You're supposed to win those home games handily.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

felt more like a desperation must win game, Brewers didn't need it, if they take this game and they're leading as of now they still go home up 3-2

I was at my gym which didn’t have Brewers-Dodgers on TV, but heard on the radio that Wade Miley started for Milwaukee, walked the first batter he faced on five pitches and got the hook as it turned out Craig Counsell wanted to go the “bullpenning” route. That’s wild.

some days I don't even recognize this game any more

Clayton Kershaw countered the Brewers' bullpenning strategy by giving the Dodgers seven strong innings in a 5-2 win last night to take a 3-2 lead in the NLCS and could wrap up the pennant Friday night. By the way, the Brewers' slated starter tomorrow----Wade Miley. Meanwhile, the Red Sox, leading Houston 3-1 in the ALCS could punch their ticket to the Fall Classic with a win against the Astros tonight.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-18-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Fantastic Member

I had to listen to the Red Sox Astros game on the radio because I don't have cable TV. The Red Sox announcer was making the call on the catch to end the game and he fell over backwards in his chair. He wasn't sure the catch was made and then one heard the headset microphone go boom, boom, boom as it came at least partially off his head. So it made it all even more dramatic as I wondered what the hell was going on.