Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

MLB.com and MLB Network for me. That’s where I’ve gone be for my baseball fix for years.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-17-2018 at 11:59 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Buster Oleny is the only ESPN baseball guy I pay attention to

otherwise it's MLB.com and the MLB network

I mostly go to LookoutLanding, the SBnation Mariners blog. They do a MLB news link round up each morning, so that keeps me in the loop.

I also get the MLB Morning Lineup email.

Beyond that, I follow the Mariners beat writers on twitter, so I get some outside news from them, too.

**** ESPN though.

Ask the Marlins how bad their seasons going

The Braves scored 6 runs in the bottom of the 9th(5 with 2 outs) to come from behind and walk off after going into the inning down 9-4

Basically how their season was expected to go, though.

The Braves are in Philly for a threesome against my Phillies starting tonight. While the season is still relatively young, Atlanta, one and a half games up in NL East can put some distance between them and my squad by taking the series. However, I'm still leery that the Nats, currently behind the Mets while four games back in fourth place will just go nuclear, launch some insane win streak and easily lap the field to take control of the division. I fear it isn't a question of IF that happens, but WHEN.

The thing I can't figure out is Bryce Harper, for a while he looked like he was going to set the world on fire and be a top candidate for NL MVP. Then he just went ice cold, his power numbers are still decent but his batting average has just plummeted down to .224, only 1 for his last 12 over the last seven games, guy's supposed to be in a contract year, you can't afford to just fall off like that when you want a huge deal next year
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-21-2018 at 12:32 PM.

It's just a slump. Happens all the time, but they can be hard to get out of.

What's good, baseball fans? What's the news in your neck of the woods?

Well, my Phillies continue to surprise after taking last night's rubber match against Atlanta behind six plus innings of shutout pitching by Jake Arrieta who's shaping up to be a free agent steal. At 28-19, the Phightins are only half a game behind the first place Braves, far from what I expected after they, and rookie manager Gabe Kapler stumbled out of the gate at the start of the season like a drunk leaving a bar at 2 a.m. The pitching has been relatively solid while the offense has been a tad barren for stretches, once the bats warm up, the Phils could make some noise in the playoff chase.

Both of my teams are kind of disappointing right now. The Blue Jays are starting to skew towards what I expected, so not too bad but it sucks after the hot start and the Mets well they’re the Mets. They’re about two pitchers short of a solid rotation and pretty much the entire lineup is in their mid 30s and showing their age. But don’t worry 38 year old Jose Bautista is here to save the day. The broadcast team is fun to listen to though so there’s that.

At least my fiancé’s Indians are fun to watch.

ESPN has been garbage TMZ-esque for 12 years now.

Bleacher, Deadspin even, and local sports news seem to the best places to go now. For pretty much any sport. MLB's and NHL's main website actually have great write-ups from time-to-time. SBNation is getting better with the ESPN brain drain going on. Fox Sports is a lot like their News, so if you like that style, go there.

SI has been really good the last 3 years, redeeming themselves.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    ESPN has been garbage TMZ-esque for 12 years now.

Bleacher, Deadspin even, and local sports news seem to the best places to go now. For pretty much any sport. MLB's and NHL's main website actually have great write-ups from time-to-time. SBNation is getting better with the ESPN brain drain going on. Fox Sports is a lot like their News, so if you like that style, go there.

SI has been really good the last 3 years, redeeming themselves.
    This is the same network that fucked up Golic just so his Madison Avenue cardboard cutout of a partner could get a dead end talk show that makes everything sound stupid.

Anyway, I caught a foul ball last night (actually... Stumbling to grab it is more apt) & this morning, I had it signed by the team mascot. Why the mascot? Why not.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    the Phils could make some noise in the playoff chase.
    This is basically the Mariners right now. 5 game win streak had them 10 over .500, sitting nicely in second place, 2 back of the Astros.

Sadly that streak ended yesterday, but they're still doing fine with plenty of season to go. And they've been doing well with a handful of small injuries, which is promising.

Hanley Ramirez was just DFA'd by the Red Sox.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.