Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Washington's president said Harper's off the table, which says to me no one was willing to pony up a trade for 2015 Harper which was the only way they'd trade him. And the problem Washington has is that for all the foundering the Braves and Phillies have had recently, the Nationals are having the exact same problems. And well the long list of FAs they have at the end of the season is obviously a problem the Braves and Phillies don't have

So a day after saying they won't trade deGrom or Thor because they don't want to rebuild and contend next year, the Mets give up 25 runs in a single game in the most lopsided blowout of the season. Really think the Mets are trying to set a record for worst front office in MLB.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Mets like the Jets are hot garbage and continue to Find new ways to to be worse and more embarrassing.
    They have achieved the worst ever defeat for amount by losing 25-4.
    Kudos to the Mets fans for remaining loyal as hell because it's been a awful miserable season with the team being a colossal magnet for awfulness and misery.
    The Nate look like the greatest mlb offense with the 25-4 win.

They find new ways to be more embarrassing and even more disgraceful lm

It's 2 different seasons because the White Sox are having a awful season while the Cubs are having a decent winning season. Night and day teams in The great City Chicago.

No doubt White Sox fans are counting down the days until the Bears start the nfl regular season.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    So a day after saying they won't trade deGrom or Thor because they don't want to rebuild and contend next year, the Mets give up 25 runs in a single game in the most lopsided blowout of the season. Really think the Mets are trying to set a record for worst front office in MLB.
    Over a decade ago, I had a penpal who lived in Harlem, and he told me once that the ultimate dirty word to New York sports fans was "rebuild". He said in so many words that fans DEMAND their teams NEVER rebuild, but reload, no matter how horrible they may be, that rebuilding was a quick way to empty seats in arenas and stadiums. I believed him then, and I believe him today, sure, the Mets stink on wheat, but trading the likes of deGrom and/or Syndegaard would not be welcomed by spoiled fans who believe championships are their birthright because they're in New York. Crazy? Yeah, you betcha.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Braves and Phillies are now dead tied(though the Braves have less loses) in both the NL East and the Wildcard top spot

Also have exciting races in the NL Central and a 3 team toss up in the West

Going to be a Wild finish

The offense challenged Phillies were shut out for a second straight game, this time to the floundering Fathers. URGH. Prior to last night's game, we traded for Miami slugger Justin Bour. Hopefully he'll provide some much needed punch.

Amazing night of Baseball, awesome games with major playoff implications, Rockies walk off on the Dodgers a second night in a row with a bases loaded walk, Braves edge out the Brewers in a slugfest where the Brewers outhit them 19 to 9, and to cap it all off the Cubs down 3 to the Nationals hit a walk off grand slam on national television

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam...sset_1800K.mp4

Also the Mariners completed a 4 game sweep of the Astros in Houston. Diaz got his 4th consecutive save and leads MLB with 44 saves.

On to Oakland for a 3 game series against the A's, who're 1.5 games up on the Mariners for the 2nd Wild Card.

Yah, I'm pretty excited about baseball right now. A's are surging, Seattle seems to be getting their groove back, Houston is showing chinks in their armor.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Hilarious that Justin Verander recently said Kate Upton made him happy when that's pretty damn obvious because she is a natural busty babe.

It was a excellent chokejob for the Nats because they wasted 8 complete innings of a shutout before finally choking by giving up a grand slam with the Cubs winning 4-3 a Hollywood movie style ending in Chicago.
    A valiant 4-3 Cubs comeback defeating the Nats.

Ronald Auna Jr is blowing my mind, 5th consecutive game with a homer(youngest to do it in the history of Baseball), 8 homers in his last 8 games

He's now hitting .288 with 19 homers in 67 games played. He's a special player you don't see very often. And he's TWENTY years old!

Last edited by Hiromi; 08-14-2018 at 08:57 PM.

With Atlanta having whomped Miami 10-6 and my Phillies losing a 2-1 pitcher's duel at home to Boston last night, the Braves have opened a full two game lead in NL East. Meanwhile, the Nats, having lost a third straight are now eight games back. People keep saying Washington will wake up and go on a big win streak and challenge for first place, I've started thinking that's NOT going to happen.

Oh, yeah, regarding Acuna, yeah, he's been unconscious with his hitting of late. If it wasn't for Juan Soto of the Nats (.301 AVG, 15 HR, 43 RBI), he'd be the runaway favorite for NL Rookie of the Year.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 08-15-2018 at 01:45 AM.

honestly this streak might have vaulted him ahead given how bad of a fielder Soto is when Acuna is also doing stuff like this

After Boston won a 2-1 pitcher's duel against my Phillies Tuesday night, the bats came out to play last night as the Phils overcame an early 3-0 deficit and won going away by 7-4. Catcher Wilson Ramos who came from Tampa via trade whacked three extra base hits (two doubles and a triple), drove in three runs and scored three times while ex-Marlin Justin Bour had two hits and scored a run. Man, it sure felt good to watch the bats come alive for a change!

Of course, the really big story of the night took place in Atlanta where exciting rookie Ronald Acuna Jr. of the Braves got plunked on the elbow by Marlins starter Jose Urena on the very first pitch to him, and, from replays I've seen, it was very much intentional, earning him and Atlanta manager Brian Snitker ejections (why Miami skipper Don Mattingly also wasn't tossed I have no idea). While x-rays came on Acuna came back negative, that doesn't excuse the fact Urena took a cheap shot at the kid, no doubt to keep him to continuing to savage Miami pitching, especially with his having hit homers in his first at-bat in three straight games against them. Urena needs to be suspended for his actions, and not just for say, a measly five games which is meaningless to a starter who only takes the hill once a week, rather, ten games, minimum. This sort of stupid shit has to stop, period! Kids like Acuna are the future of baseball and they have to be protected from assholes like Urena.