Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Any momentum the Dodgers had after that marathon win last night just went out the window.

Sale versus Kershaw rematch tomorrow night with both bullpens being fairly spent. We'll see how it goes.

-M
    Alex Cora announced at his post game press conference that David Price will start Game 5 tomorrow night, not Chris Sale.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Alex Cora announced at his post game press conference that David Price will start Game 5 tomorrow night, not Chris Sale.
    I just saw that. All through the game the Fox announcers were talking up the Sale-Kershaw rematch for Game 5. Seems like just about everything Cora does this post season works out, so we'll see what happens.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I certainly can't think of any reason not to, up 3-1, have two home games left, by all means give Sale an extra day of rest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I certainly can't think of any reason not to, up 3-1, have two home games left, by all means give Sale an extra day of rest
    Yeah I also like the idea of giving Price the less pressured game being up 3-1 as opposed to possibly being in a position where a loss could tie 3-3 and put the series in doubt

And the Dodgers go down with only a whimper, Boston is you 2018 World Series champions

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    And the Dodgers go down with only a whimper, Boston is you 2018 World Series champions
    The cherry on top for this Sox fan was that it was Machado striking out to end the game and looking foolish on the swing. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

And Steve Pearce is your World Series MVP.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly nothing against the Red Sox (I'm not a MLB fan ) and its nice they won. But its like the last 20+ years all the Boston teams win constantly. I mean....this is what has happened....

MLB :

Red Sox : Championship in 2004 , 2007 , 2013 and 2018.

Hockey :

Boston Bruins : Championship 2010/2011.

NBA :

Boston Celtics : Championship 2007.

NFL :

New England Patriots : Championships 2001 , 2003 , 2004 , 2014 , 2016 .

So in the span of 18 years .... the Boston teams have won 11 Championships. Its like yeah Boston suffered through terrible seasons in MLB and NFL for sure. But now I can't really say , they deserve it anymore. Not after a run where they constantly are at the top or competing to be in championship games lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly nothing against the Red Sox (I'm not a MLB fan ) and its nice they won. But its like the last 20+ years all the Boston teams win constantly. I mean....this is what has happened....

MLB :

Hockey :

NBA :

NFL :

So in the span of 18 years .... the Boston teams have won 11 Championships. Its like yeah Boston suffered through terrible seasons in MLB and NFL for sure. But now I can't really say , they deserve it anymore. Not after a run where they constantly are at the top or competing to be in championship games lol.
    Well, the New England Revolution haven't won any championships in Major League Soccer, so it's not a clean sweep.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

MLB :

Hockey :

NBA :

NFL :

Don’t forget John Cena won the WWE championship a 16 times

MLB :

Hockey :

NBA :

NFL :

And your point is? I mean, the point of pro sports is to win. Not just show up.

Extraordinary Member

MLB :

Hockey :

NBA :

NFL :

Do Boston sports teams deserve it because they are consistently great, manage teams well, have strong coaching and develop well.

Or do the Browns deserve it because they’ve been terrible for a long time?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

With the World Series over, the Dodgers now have two pressing issues: I heard Clayton Kershaw has an opt out clause in his contract which begs the question, will he walk? Given his age (30), injury history and uneven postseason record, will teams take a flyer on him? Sure, when Kershaw's on, he's the one of the best pitchers around, but he's owed $32 million, is he worth THAT much to a team? Then there's Manny Machado who was decent, but showed instances where he dogged it (WS) and played the villain (NLCS), given he stated a desire to play for the Yankees, will the Dodgers pay his price to stay in L.A.? The Dodgers will have Corey Seager returning to play short, but the Yanks will be without Didi Gregorious who's soon to undergo Tommy John surgery and need someone to fill in, perhaps replace him as 2019 is his walk year. Decisions, decisions!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Don’t forget John Cena won the WWE championship a 16 times
    LOL!

Gotta believe David Price will get a HUGE ovation the next time he steps on the Fenway grass to start a game for the Red Sox.

Had to see what was up with the following: The Red Sox blasted the song 'New York, New York" in the clubhouse celebration. I had forgotten Aaron Judge had blasted 'New York, New York" after winning a game at Fenway against the Sox in the play-off's.

Wonderful display of pitching over the weekend by the Red Sox. And I never understood why the Dodgers made some of the moves they did. Baez never got more than an inning through the whole series, for instance, but his stuff was nasty.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.