Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

That makes more sense. I didn't realize how long he'd been the manager.

Mariners went 1-3 against the Astros and the fandom declared it the end of the season. Struggling to score against 3 great pitchers, hardly indicative of anything in the big picture. They did win the WS after all. Now to take on the Rangers and the White Sox.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Jake Arrieta was dynamic last night for the Phils, allowing just one hit in seven innings while fanning 10 in a 7-0 whitewashing of the Pirates. Suddenly, that 3-year, $75 million contract Arrieta signed is looking like one hell of a bargain.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mitch Moreland hit a grand slam for the Red Sox tonight. It's the fifth grand slam the Sox have hit already this season (in their 19th game), after not hitting a single grad slam in any of the 162 games all last season. There's a lot of impressive stats in their hot start this year, but the number of grand slams is the one that just fascinates me (for now good reason, it's just grand slams excite the little kid in me that loves baseball so much).

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Jake Arrieta was dynamic last night for the Phils, allowing just one hit in seven innings while fanning 10 in a 7-0 whitewashing of the Pirates. Suddenly, that 3-year, $75 million contract Arrieta signed is looking like one hell of a bargain.
    Wait until July and we'll see if it was a good signing. I'm guessing not.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Mitch Moreland hit a grand slam for the Red Sox tonight. It's the fifth grand slam the Sox have hit already this season (in their 19th game), after not hitting a single grad slam in any of the 162 games all last season. There's a lot of impressive stats in their hot start this year, but the number of grand slams is the one that just fascinates me (for now good reason, it's just grand slams excite the little kid in me that loves baseball so much).

-M
    The Red Sox are hot right now. My Cubs beat up on the Rockies tonight, winning 16-5. Javy Baez is red hot. He had another 4 hits, a HR, and 4 more rbis
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

"Hot" is one way to put it. I'd say at 17-2(!!!) hot is an understatement.

Astros took first place after beating the Angels. They started out a little rough but their offense seems to be waking up.

Felix has looked really good in his last two starts. We classically lost one of those games and he gets a ND for last nights effort, but it's good to see him looking good. He's still a crafty pitcher if he can locate. Just has to keep his command dialed in.

Here's Manfred straight up, shorter season would mean less pay. No surprise there. (Don't read the comments!)

Also, lets talk about The Mets. That's a hot damn start. I don't think anyone predicted they'd come out as strong as they have. If they did, I didn't see it. Even my buddy who's a die hard Mets fan didn't see it coming.
    Last edited by Joker; 04-21-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Here's Manfred straight up, shorter season would mean less pay. No surprise there. (Don't read the comments!)

Also, lets talk about The Mets. That's a hot damn start. I don't think anyone predicted they'd come out as strong as they have. If they did, I didn't see it. Even my buddy who's a die hard Mets fan didn't see it coming.
    And right behind the Mets are the 13-7 Phillies who looked like a train wreck in the first week of the season, but have been rolling ever since, and no one is more surprised about that than I am. Oh, by the way, the Phils are 8-1 at Citizen’s Bank Park after today’s win over Pittsburgh, tying them with Boston for best home record in baseball. Who knew?

Well if you're going to lose to end an 8 game win streak, you might as well get no hit. Sean Manaea no hits the Red Sox tonight as the As take game 2 of the series 3-0. Sale was solid, giving up 3 and striking out 10 over 7 innings, but the Sox bats didn't answer the call today. First no-no of the year in MLB.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Fantastic Member

With the way the Red Sox have been roughing opponents up that was one excellent no-hitter.
    I feel for Chris Sale. The guy gives up one run a game and loses and now has a no-hitter thrown against his team. He's pitching awesome but the wins aren't there to show it. I could see this run of hard luck loses or no decisions potentially costing him the Cy Young if there is a close race for it.

Welcome to Felix Hernandez career, Chris Sale. Pitch a gem, lose 1-0.

That No-No was super dope, consider the Red Sox start this season. Manaea's a good pitcher, but dang!!

Edwin Diaz showed last night that he does indeed walk the earth as a mortal. I was gonna post yesterday about his 7 saves and 0.00 ERA, but I didn't want to jinx it.

The number of games being rained or snowed out so far is ridiculous, the disparity of games played between teams playing on the East and West so far has been hilarious

whole adjusted season has been an abject failure thus far given the number of double headers and games on off days that will have to be played this season

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The number of games being rained or snowed out so far is ridiculous, the disparity of games played between teams playing on the East and West so far has been hilarious

whole adjusted season has been an abject failure thus far given the number of double headers and games on off days that will have to be played this season
    I think the number is at 25, mainly because of extreme cold/snowy weather. Look for that number to rise from predictable May/June rainouts.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    With the way the Red Sox have been roughing opponents up that was one excellent no-hitter.
    I feel for Chris Sale. The guy gives up one run a game and loses and now has a no-hitter thrown against his team. He's pitching awesome but the wins aren't there to show it. I could see this run of hard luck loses or no decisions potentially costing him the Cy Young if there is a close race for it.
    That no hitter was unbelievable.

The A's are driving me crazy, though. They get practically swept by the Angels in two straight series, then Boston sweeps the Angels, then the A's beat Boston two straight games.

WTFFFFFFFFFF
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    That no hitter was unbelievable.

The A's are driving me crazy, though. They get practically swept by the Angels in two straight series, then Boston sweeps the Angels, then the A's beat Boston two straight games.

WTFFFFFFFFFF
    Although a Red Sox fan first and foremost, the A's might be my second favorite team. I always liked the Bash Bros., like that they are a small market team that occasionally rocks the league, always have young talent because bigger market teams sign away successful A's and I like the uniforms.