Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default No one commenting on the New Mutants being pushed back?

So New Mutants was supposed to come out April 13, but it got pushed back to Feb. 2019 for reshoots. Then X-Men: Dark Phoenix was pushed back from November 2018 to Feb 2019, and now New Mutants is delayed until August of 2019, a year and a half after its scheduled release date.

Anyone think this is a big red flag for the New Mutants movie? That's twice it's been pushed back...I was looking forward to it, but this does not bode well.

Extraordinary Member

Eh that preview did look pretty bad. Couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a horror movie or what.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Eh that preview did look pretty bad. Couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a horror movie or what.
    The preview looked fantastic. It is absolutely a horror movie. Nothing wrong with that.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    So New Mutants was supposed to come out April 13, but it got pushed back to Feb. 2019 for reshoots. Then X-Men: Dark Phoenix was pushed back from November 2018 to Feb 2019, and now New Mutants is delayed until August of 2019, a year and a half after its scheduled release date.

Anyone think this is a big red flag for the New Mutants movie? That's twice it's been pushed back...I was looking forward to it, but this does not bode well.
    We've known for a while it was delayed we talked about it in the original http://community.comicbookresources....-Trailer/page3 thread.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    We've known for a while it was delayed we talked about it in the original http://community.comicbookresources....-Trailer/page3 thread.
    It was recently delayed a second time though. This is new news.

Ultimate Member

What's there to say?

I want to see the movie, but at this point, Fox doesn't know what they're doing and when Disney gets the mutants back, we'll have a reboot.

So hopefully we'll have a good single movie...eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post

It's certainly not a good sign. And if it amounts to a LOT of rebooting, it means the movie will need to do better at the box office to make a profit.

I wonder if this translates to a chgange in direction from a horror flick to super hero flick, or if it just means they weren't happy with what they got so far.

I have always preferred the old mutants anyway.

Yea this makes no real sense to me. Both movies had and still have plenty of time and werent rushed. Maybe these movies are disasters and that why..But I have no real.speculation on why the serious delays.

Maybe Disney has some influence here but i doubt it. Fox has to keep doing business as usual until something is final.

Fantastic Member

I read that they added a completely new character and are re-shooting half or more of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    I read that they added a completely new character and are re-shooting half or more of the movie.
    I wonder if they're adding Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    This looked like a small Horror movie, spook house with muatants. I was diggin it. heavy reshoots seem unnecessary and risky by upping the budget and requiring it to do better.

Also they had a trailer in theaters back in November lol so these reshoots seem more worrysome because they thought they had something at some point. They delay it too long and the Disney deal happens this movie may never come out.

More studio meddling. I guess we'll never know what the original movie was going to look like now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they're adding Karma.
    I want Cypher and Warlock!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I thought the horror story angle was different and cool. Was looking forward to it. All in all, i'm more worried about the Dark Phoenix movie than the New Mutants. Everything i've read about the Dark Phoenix movie so far screams crap show. I would like that movie to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This looked like a small Horror movie, spook house with muatants. I was diggin it. heavy reshoots seem unnecessary and risky by upping the budget and requiring it to do better.

Also they had a trailer in theaters back in November lol so these reshoots seem more worrysome because they thought they had something at some point. They delay it too long and the Disney deal happens this movie may never come out.
    Yeah, that's the thing... major results are risky and expensive. Everyone does results to some degree, but as we've seen with FF and JL it also creates a potentially bad narrative leading into the movie. You probably don't wanna do mahor reshootd unless you think you've got a legit bomb on your hands.