Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Maybe Disney has some influence here but i doubt it. Fox has to keep doing business as usual until something is final.
    The people actually making the movie may want to keep doing business as usual, but Rupert Murdoch stands more to gain by playing ball with Disney.

Astonishing Member

It doesn't sound promising. I was really looking forward to this film. Either they want to retool it so it is a "done-in-one" or they are restructuring it so it can integrate into the MCU ahead of the merger. It is easy to transfer Deadpool because we don't see the other X-Men. So it stands to reason that, if they move ahead with New Mutants as a trilogy, it fits into the broader MCU.

I think Dark Phoenix will now wrap up the Fox X-Men Universe. When we get a new X-Men film, it will be with a new cast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    ...or they are restructuring it so it can integrate into the MCU ahead of the merger.
    There are no Mutants in the MCU, and that isn't going to change until after Avengers 4, so that seems rather unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There are no Mutants in the MCU, and that isn't going to change until after Avengers 4, so that seems rather unlikely.
    Well given it usually takes 2 to 3 years between team X-MEN films the next one wouldn't come out until between 2021 or 2022 so plenty of time to for Marvel Studios to Reboot the X-MEN and add them to the MCU.

Midnight edge goes into it here.

John campea talks about it here.

Just think it was going to be out this weekend at first!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Well given it usually takes 2 to 3 years between team X-MEN films the next one wouldn't come out until between 2021 or 2022 so plenty of time to for Marvel Studios to Reboot the X-MEN and add them to the MCU.
    Maybe, but I doubt it.
    But it is besides the point because he was talking about shoving the New Mutants movie that was supposed to come out next month into the MCU.

Invincible Member

It could be issues with the films or maybe they don't want the competition with other releases?

New Mutants has been pushed so far back that it's dead. They could re-shoot the whole thing, edit it, get some more re-shoots in there and add any needed CGI practically twice over in the time they now have available. I'm guessing whatever Boone, Kinberg and company did on this is worse than we guess. Otherwise, they wouldn't shove it that far back just st for a new ending and due to scheduling conflicts. They're shelving this with a release date that far away. Expect this to see the kind of distribution and reception that Roger Corman's FF and Cannon Group's Captain America received.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What ever the case there has to be major problems with the movie to delay it almost 16 months when it was originally set to come out in a couple weeks. By the sound of it Boone is not happy and neither is the studio. I was never on board with them making this a straight up horror movie because that is just not what the New Mutants are. Yes they have had many stories with horror elements, but they have never been straight up horror, and that trailer looked more straight up horror than anything else. If the rumors are true the studio wants to lean it even farther into the horror vein which turns me off even more.

I get the feeling Boone might just walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    What ever the case there has to be major problems with the movie to delay it almost 16 months when it was originally set to come out in a couple weeks. By the sound of it Boone is not happy and neither is the studio. I was never on board with them making this a straight up horror movie because that is just not what the New Mutants are. Yes they have had many stories with horror elements, but they have never been straight up horror, and that trailer looked more straight up horror than anything else. If the rumors are true the studio wants to lean it even farther into the horror vein which turns me off even more.

I get the feeling Boone might just walk.
    I feel like a spook house jump off movie coulda worked. Then in sequels you explore other genres. A horror movie with Superheroes would A been a nice change from the usual the closest we have gotten that I can recall is BvS but that wasn't intentional.

Maybe Disney doesn't want anymore Xmen movies except Deadpool coming out that way when they use them there has already been a bit of a break and a reboot isn't as sudden. And they are delaying instead of straight up scrapping in case the deal falls through. That said seems complicated. That's a lot of money to just throw away but if 21st centruy fox doesn't exists anymore next year maybe that doesn't matter to anyone if all the execs are getting bought out. I have no idea how all that would work and thinking aboit it gives me a headache.

Probably just bad test screening and they are making some major tweaks.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Personally, I celebrated it when it was announced.

I said this back when the w whole buying thing and people were like nah, now look at what happened

I'd be lying if I said I was losing sleep. What's it been 4-5 months since the buy and its supposed to take a year and some change to get finalized? Annnd it seems to have been pushed back around the time of finalization? Such a mystery.